Page 181 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 811311711771781791801811821831841851912312816811181 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I think Snyder's version was crap, and I think Wheddon's version was crap. The lesson learned here is that WB should never have entrusted Snyder with their cinematic universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty much.

What Snyder has to say feels in-line with his take, but I can't say it sounds like it would've been much better then what we ended up getting.
    The thing was indeed fucked from jump street.

They shouldn't have rushed into production and got the ball rolling before BvS even came out. It would have been easier to remove Snyder and course correct without the need to rush into JL.

Pretty much.

What Snyder has to say feels in-line with his take, but I can't say it sounds like it would've been much better then what we ended up getting.

I mean no offense, mate, but there's any chance of you leaving your current moderator/admin position? So I can block you.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Why would you want to block someone for simply sharing an opinion that you happen to disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Omg. That sounds fvcking terrible. Would have set Superman back even more. So basically, Snyder's vision for the Justice League was to turn them all on each other, kill most of them, and have Batman be pretty much the only hero. Wonderful.
    We were getting Injustice. Christ we dodged a bullet. How was this man ever put in charge of DC Films. I want a full reboot for Superman, get rid of everything Snyder did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why would you want to block someone for simply sharing an opinion that you happen to disagree with.
    Snyder fans can’t handle the fact that most people weren’t a fan of Zaddy’s kino.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Snyder fans can’t handle the fact that most people weren’t a fan of Zaddy’s kino.
    Well, of course the masses can't understand high art.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Pretty much.

Well I think Snyder's take would have been more interesting for sure. I mean Darkseid, time travel, Apokolips on Earth? Certainly sounds better than CGI Steppenwolf.

But it just sounds like Snyder has a vision of superheroes that doesn't gel well with my vision of superheroes. Again, not that Wheddon's version was better but it was cookie-cutter and inoffensive, and allowed WB to continue on with a loose continuation of the DCEU, which sounds like would have been difficult if Snyder got his way (although I guess everything would have been undone with time travel).

We also need to keep in mind that none of what Snyder stated in this interview or whatever it was, was actually filmed. The decision to gut the script, make Steppenwolf the villain, and condense two films into one film with no cliffhanger was made when Snyder was firmly involved. So even if we ever got a "Snyder Cut", it would not be the two-part script he initially wrote prior to BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I think the best question is how is this the most appropriate way of introducing the general audience to the Justice League? It feels like it could be a possible right fit as a capstone to the cinematic universe, not the intro.
    No, but it seems to me that WB's goal wasn't to develop a cohesive film universe but rather to catch up with Marvel in the quickest way possible.

But again, at least WB had the foresight to put a kibosh on most of this prior to filming. Even they knew Snyder's version would have been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The thing was indeed fucked from jump street.

They shouldn't have rushed into production and got the ball rolling before BvS even came out. It would have been easier to remove Snyder and course correct without the need to rush into JL.
    Well, JL wasn't rushed in THAT sense. Keep in mind that JL came out 4 years after Man of Steel, which is how many years Avengers came out after Iron Man.

The "rushed" part was that we really should have gotten an ACTUAL sequel to Man of Steel, and about 3-5 additional solo films featuring the Justice League. Instead, we really only got BvS and Wonder Woman. But this is the problem with WB owning DC versus DC being its own film studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC/WB copped out that was a great plot set up for JL
    Preventing a dark future and stopping darkseid. Much better than the crap they ended up with dare I say Superman would have been better served like this than his death ressurection and zombie mustache

In any case now that the dceu is soft rebooting we can just look back and laugh at how incompetent everyone involved was.
    If you ask me, I'd say WB saved themselves the loss of tens of millions of dollars by stopping Snyder in his tracks. He can't even explain what he wanted to do with any real coherence, and yet we wonder why he can't tell a story on the big screen. Yeah, WB took a beating from all sides, but in the long run it was probably worth it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We were getting Injustice. Christ we dodged a bullet. How was this man ever put in charge of DC Films. I want a full reboot for Superman, get rid of everything Snyder did.

Why does it matter? They're just fans who happen to like his movies. At this point Zack isn't making DC movies and has moved onto other projects. The fact that we still have to talk about how he "messed up the DCEU" during a time where his fans are trying to celebrate him is lame imo. It's literally over.

The only thing I as a Snyder fan can't handle is that it seems like no one realizes that nothing, especially in the realm of CBMs, will be universally liked, regardless of what rotten tomatoes or box office returns say. So while yes many people hated Snyder's DC movies, those movies happened to appeal to many many people. Nobody can deny this and majority this, minority that it's an opinion, there are two different sides that like and dislike them. it's just bonkers to me that we don't see any sign of respect from BOTH sides. Snyder fans enjoyed the Snyder movies and the people who didn't, didn't. It's that simple, people really despise Snyder on here but at the end of the day he made comic book movies that a lot of people were able to connect with, even if you weren't. This idea that Snyder fans are salty is projection based on basic fanboy behavior from any fanbase. Snyder's convention had a gathering of ecstatic film buffs of all ages and backgrounds who didn't want to fight anyone or spend hours debating stuff online, they just wanted to meet the guy who made a movie they like. People can't handle that it's just movies
    Last edited by Elmo; 03-25-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And I hated it every single time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who adheres to the "heroes don't kill" cliché by any means. However, I do feel like Batman is one who should be that way.
    I don't think it makes any kind of logical sense that there are no casualties in Batman's war on crime, particularly from his end. The "bad guys" kill people but the "good guys" also get people killed. Even police officers cause accidental deaths at times. At least the people getting blown up are the people shooting at Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    If you ask me, I'd say WB saved themselves the loss of tens of millions of dollars by stopping Snyder in his tracks. He can't even explain what he wanted to do with any real coherence, and yet we wonder why he can't tell a story on the big screen. Yeah, WB took a beating from all sides, but in the long run it was probably worth it.
    To be fair, he's talking about a script that was written more or less 4 years ago, and apparently never made it passed a rough draft. Almost immediately after BvS, WB mandated that Snyder utilize Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid, make JL one film instead of two, and eliminate the cliffhanger. So I can't blame Snyder for not remembering the finer details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well I think Snyder's take would have been more interesting for sure. I mean Darkseid, time travel, Apokolips on Earth? Certainly sounds better than CGI Steppenwolf.

But it just sounds like Snyder has a vision of superheroes that doesn't gel well with my vision of superheroes. Again, not that Wheddon's version was better but it was cookie-cutter and inoffensive, and allowed WB to continue on with a loose continuation of the DCEU, which sounds like would have been difficult if Snyder got his way (although I guess everything would have been undone with time travel).

We also need to keep in mind that none of what Snyder stated in this interview or whatever it was, was actually filmed. The decision to gut the script, make Steppenwolf the villain, and condense two films into one film with no cliffhanger was made when Snyder was firmly involved. So even if we ever got a "Snyder Cut", it would not be the two-part script he initially wrote prior to BvS.
    It certainly sounds interesting but, like a lot of Snyder's ideas, I think they were the wrong way to approach establishing a DC Cinematic Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And I hated it every single time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who adheres to the "heroes don't kill" cliché by any means. However, I do feel like Batman is one who should be that way.
    The issue here is that people are acting like Snyder was portraying this Batman as how Batman SHOULD be. He was portraying the exact opposite. Batman killing is supposed to be shocking and unpleasant to watch. There shouldn't be an argument about whether Batman killed people in the comics originally or the logistics and reasoning etc, there is none. Bruce has no reasoning, he is making mistakes. Snyder was trying to illustrate it but people are acting like he was glorifying the murder and violence and saying that this Batman should be the Batman we see. The intent wasn't malevolent, Snyder just had a different idea of what he wanted to do with Batman, and to me all it did was hammer home the no kill policy for me, and that was 100% part of his intent

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Why does it matter? They're just fans who happen to like his movies. At this point Zack isn't making DC movies and has moved onto other projects. The fact that we still have to talk about how he "messed up the DCEU" during a time where his fans are trying to celebrate him is lame imo. It's literally over.

The only thing I as a Snyder fan can't handle is that it seems like no one realizes that nothing, especially in the realm of CBMs, will be universally liked, regardless of what rotten tomatoes or box office returns say. So while yes many people hated Snyder's DC movies, those movies happened to appeal to many many people. Nobody can deny this and majority this, minority that it's an opinion, there are two different sides that like and dislike them. it's just bonkers to me that we don't see any sign of respect from BOTH sides. Snyder fans enjoyed the Snyder movies and the people who didn't, didn't. It's that simple, people really despise Snyder on here but at the end of the day he made comic book movies that a lot of people were able to connect with, even if you weren't. This idea that Snyder fans are salty is projection based on basic fanboy behavior from any fanbase. Snyder's convention had a gathering of ecstatic film buffs of all ages and backgrounds who didn't want to fight anyone or spend hours debating stuff online, they just wanted to meet the guy who made a movie they like. People can't handle that it's just movies
    While what you say is pretty much true in that not everything is going to be universally liked and people are perfectly entitled to like Zack Snyder as a filmmaker...

There's a clear formula established by Marvel (and utilized by Wonder Woman and Aquaman) that is the way to go with making these films. Zack Snyder has shown and expressed no interest in adhering to that formula, which made him a bad choice to helm the DCEU.