Page 188 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 881381781841851861871881891901911921982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 20948
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Sounds like Ezra Miller overplayed his hand. Reports are he's out as the Flash:

https://themediabyte.com/2019/03/28/...s-dceus-flash/

I really dug Courtney as Boomerang, even though I don’t think he had much to do in the movie itself. Actually if I could pick one character from the tv universe and one from the movie universe to team up it would be him and Dominic Purcell’s Heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post

I like Ezra but I can take or leave him as The Flash. It’s pretty obvious they wanted Barry to be the Peter Parker of the DCEU. The young nerdy guy in awe of the other heroes. Barry should definitely be the resident nerd (the guy wore bow ties and read comics way back in the 50s) but I’m not sure he works as the junior member of the League.

I think it’s actually better that they held off on The Flash movie. Now that the tv show isn’t at the peak of its popularity the movie probably won’t be as scrutinized. Plus it seems like Ezra was pushing for a darker toned story. It’s been established that that isn’t what most of the audience wants in a superhero flick.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/jai-...d-movie-2019-3

Jai Courtney claims he'll be returning as Captain Boomerang in James Gunn's Suicide Squad.
    It wouldn't feel like the Squad without Boomerang, and I think Captain Boomerang is probably one of the few roles people unequivocally enjoy Jai Courtney with.

All the talk about the sequel being a reboot are looking more and more like embellishments to try and avoid people automatically writing this one off because of how bad the first one was.

And then there were two.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ezra is not my favorite, but his departure means the potential for a cohesive shared universe is diminishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    All the talk about the sequel being a reboot are looking more and more like embellishments to try and avoid people automatically writing this one off because of how bad the first one was.
    At the very least they seem to be keeping all the people you would expect in a Suicide Squad movie (Waller, Deadshot, Boomerang, maybe Harley).

If Gunn is going off the Ostrander/Yale run, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it’s actually better that they held off on The Flash movie. Now that the tv show isn’t at the peak of its popularity the movie probably won’t be as scrutinized. Plus it seems like Ezra was pushing for a darker toned story. It’s been established that that isn’t what most of the audience wants in a superhero flick.
    I think you are reducing this to a dichotomy, when it isn't. Logan, Wonder Woman, and Nolan's Batman trilogy were all rather dark in tone, but still successful and well-received movies. What mattered more were that they were good movies, had a moral compass, and managed to present a wide range of emotional content.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

edited post. never mind.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-30-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think you are reducing this to a dichotomy, when it isn't. Logan, Wonder Woman, and Nolan's Batman trilogy were all rather dark in tone, but still successful and well-received movies. What mattered more were that they were good movies, had a moral compass, and managed to present a wide range of emotional content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Ezra is not my favorite, but his departure means the potential for a cohesive shared universe is diminishing.
    Really? How?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Eh, not necessarily.

Ignoring MOS, BvS & JL and focusing on Aquaman, Wonderwoman & Shazam! (Plus the other upcoming DC movies) fixes that problem.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    100%!

It's all in the execution of ideas.

Synder's idea of a "serious tone" is angsty teenage fan fic. I'm not interested in that at all, but I also am not interested in James Gunn's "humor".

TDK, Logan, and WW are some of the best the genre has to offer and they all deal with heavy stuff. Aquaman is my favorite superhero joint, because it is just simply a gorgeous piece of art (IMO). I thought Captain Marvel was a lot of fun, and told a story I was engaged in. I want all kinds of tonal diversity.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-30-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Mighty Member

I really hope this is true. His Flash was good enough I guess, but if WB/DC caved into what HE wanted then he would have more power over the movie than the directors. We would have just ended up with more of what we saw in JL if not even more exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like Ezra but I can take or leave him as The Flash. It’s pretty obvious they wanted Barry to be the Peter Parker of the DCEU. The young nerdy guy in awe of the other heroes. Barry should definitely be the resident nerd (the guy wore bow ties and read comics way back in the 50s) but I’m not sure he works as the junior member of the League.

I think the Flash series is nearing its end so the timing for a Flash movie is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Eh, not necessarily.

Ignoring MOS, BvS & JL and focusing on Aquaman, Wonderwoman & Shazam! (Plus the other upcoming DC movies) fixes that problem.
    Hopefully getting Cavill back in the picture. Cavill, Gadot, Mamoa and I guess now Levi are the only ones who are truly needed.