Page 189 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 891391791851861871881891901911921931992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I think the Flash series is nearing its end so the timing for a Flash movie is good.
    I keep hearing this, but as long as it's the CW's top show, don't bet on it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I keep hearing this, but as long as it's the CW's top show, don't bet on it.
    Smallville was more popular than the Flash show and Superman Returns happened.

Not that I agree with having 2 live action versions of the same character running at the same time, though, because I noticed it divides the fandom hard. It also dilutes the IP.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-30-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Smallville was more popular than the Flash show and Superman Returns happened.

Not that I agree with having 2 live action versions of the same character running at the same time, though, because I noticed it divides the fandom hard. It also dilutes the IP.
    The Flash is currently the CW's highest rated show though. By the time Smallville went off the air, The CW had The Vampire Diaries and America's Next Top Model which were its two top shows, and Supernatural's ratings matched Smallville. Smallville was 10 years old at the time and most likely more expensive. As long as Grant Gustin still wants to be the Flash, I imagine that show still has a few more years in it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Margot Robbie Films Harley Quinn & Joker Breakup Scene for 'Birds of Prey' Movie: http://www.justjared.com/2019/03/30/...of-prey-movie/

That's a stand-in for Leto, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a stand-in for Leto, right?
    Yup, Leto is busy filming Morbius in London right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yup, Leto is busy filming Morbius in London right now.

.... another head-less cameo...

I hope they really show that the Joker abused her and put an end to this “damaged romance” once and for all.

E62BF3D6-CD00-4F7D-B902-BE82DD385004.jpg

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hope they really show that the Joker abused her and put an end to this “damaged romance” once and for all.

Unfortunately I doubt it. To really put an end to it once and for all, they’d need an entire movie about those 2 to really drive the point home.

From the looks of it, Joker kicks Harley out.

I think it is for the best that Miller is out as Flash. I also didn't really care for them trying to make Barry into some weird mix of Spider-man and Robin, and it would be best to start fresh with a more established take closer to the actual Barry character we see in the comics or even the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Calling Harley a victim isn't really correct either. She willingly joined the Joker and went along with his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think it is for the best that Miller is out as Flash. I also didn't really care for them trying to make Barry into some weird mix of Spider-man and Robin, and it would be best to start fresh with a more established take closer to the actual Barry character we see in the comics or even the TV show.
    Maybe give us a proper Rogues team as well .
    Calling Harley a victim isn't really correct either. She willingly joined the Joker and went along with his actions.
    Yeah, I think too many people fall into looking at Harley as a victim, and while she is definitely the victim of Joker's abuse and that's awful, it's a relationship and life of crime she willingly walked into and generally is depicted as enjoying.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

She can be a victim and still held accountable for her crimes. Those things don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    She can be a victim and still held accountable for her crimes. Those things don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
    I don't know. It only works if you think the Joker manipulated her where she crosses that line of being a victim more than a willing participant.

People like the idea of using Harley's relationship with the Joker as a way to describe toxic relationships or domestic abuse and paint Harley as a victim whose only crime was being in love with a bad man, but she fell in love with him knowing what he was and willingly went along with his crimes joyfully. I felt she crossed that line of being more of a willing participant. At least for most of her character's life. I guess DC is trying to downplay how much she joined in these days because they want Harley to be more of a hero now.