Page 19 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329691195191019 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She's getting rave reviews and Oscar buzz for her upcoming film A Star is Born, which is also from WB. So apparently they know something about her acting range that we don't.
    Again, I wasn't trying to diss her acting, I just don't see her fitting the characters DC may be looking at her for.

Granted, I never would have pegged some of the DCEU casting choices that have won me over, although there have been a few that did not.
    On a side note, I think playing up Canary's singing may help the character, both with story/character possibilities and popularity wise.
    I dunno, I feel like over-emphasizing it runs the risk of trying to make her into someone she isn't, which was one of the fears going into the DCYou run (although it handled it better then expected).
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Fan art of Lady Gaga as Black Canary:

https://twitter.com/jnapierrr/status...53656398176257
    Honestly it's the face (and the one piece conclusively from Gaga) that looks off to me here. That's not Dinah's face .
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    She's on an upswing in popularity plus one of the main parts of casting for Dinah is they want someone who can sing. Sure it's pretty minor to her character except it's probably a major part of this version of Dinah. Playing up Dinah's singing ability could also result in actual music sales if they do original music as well.

She is very inspired casting I think. She isn't the first look I would pick but I am definitely not against it.
    Which kind of worries me, especially so if they're casting for something that really isn't that major a part of the character.

Like, why is it so hard to get Black Canary right in live-action?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, I wasn't trying to diss her acting, I just don't see her fitting the characters DC may be looking at her for.

Granted, I never would have pegged some of the DCEU casting choices that have won me over, although there have been a few that did not.

I dunno, I feel like over-emphasizing it runs the risk of trying to make her into someone she isn't, which was one of the fears going into the DCYou run (although it handled it better then expected).

Honestly it's the face (and the one piece conclusively from Gaga) that looks off to me here. That's not Dinah's face .

Which kind of worries me, especially so if they're casting for something that really isn't that major a part of the character.

Well I mean that's how DC has been running themselves for over a decade now. Focus on smaller/newer parts of characters and pretending that's what they have been about all along.

Though adding that to Canary isn't as bad as most other character changes, she can still have her history and what not. Though they won't in the movies but you get what I mean. Gaga doesn't really have the Black Canary look but she's still very attractive and if the rumors of her performance in A Star Is Born are to be believed she is becoming a better actress. I doubt she'll go for the role since she already said no, I don't think she would want to sign on for a bunch of movies that demand a lot from you. It would take away from her music career.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Styles; 09-02-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Fan art of Lady Gaga as Black Canary:

This is me right now:

Last edited by Thomas Crown; 09-02-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Agreed. She just does not have the look to play Dinah. Vanessa Kirby is still my top choice.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Empire Magazine...

Retired

All the promotion for SHAZAM! at this early date seems like cruel and unusual punishment. They get you all hyped for this movie, then you realize it's not going to come out until next year sometime.

At least from the pictures it doesn't seem to be a CGI fest like all DC movies so far.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wonder how much money WB is expecting Aquaman & Shazam to make.

Even though it’s release date is further away, it seems like Shazam is getting more of a push than Aquaman is

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    This is me right now:

So, is it the costume you're reacting to or...? I'm not interested in who plays Black Canary either way, but that seems like a strong reaction to a standard mocked up photo of a celebrity as a famous superhero.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

"Saw some audition tapes for Birds of Prey. Man this movie is gonna be great. I love where they're headed with this one. Script sounds good too. Sharp and well written."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...64427507343360

"Saw some audition tapes for Birds of Prey. Man this movie is gonna be great. I love where they're headed with this one. Script sounds good too. Sharp and well written."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...64427507343360
    Does this Daniel guy work in casting?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Does this Daniel guy work in casting?
    He's someone with some connections in the biz.

He's someone with some connections in the biz.
    So am I but you don't see me saying vague things about upcoming movies.

Does he have a good track record at least?