Page 192 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 921421821881891901911921931941951962022422926921192 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 20948
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It has to happen for this universe to move forward, like it or not. WB has to recast Batman, and likely Flash and Superman. That alone would be aided by a new timeline/new versions of the characters. However, Snyder's work is incredibly limiting to future movies, and has to be undone. You can like Snyder's work if you'd like, but undoing it opens up a lot more possibility.

My concern with doing this with WW84 is what happens with Leto's Joker? He's appearing in Birds of Prey, which comes out just before WW84. What if that movie bombs? Probably not enough time to reboot those characters as well.
    Assuming leto's Joker actually appears/we get more than a stand in, retcon him as some jokerz wannabe in the new timeline with the OG one either revealed later down the line or dead. It's a little sloppy, but it can be pulled off.

Or they just ignore leto's joker and embrace the idea of multiple jokers running around the same universe.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

A retcon of this magnitude is just so messy and has never been done in a film franchise before. We're used to it as comic fans but I have no faith it would come off as anything but desperateto audiences. Especially since an in-Universe reboot is merely to change the actors faces, and not their identities or backstories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    A retcon of this magnitude is just so messy and has never been done in a film franchise before. We're used to it as comic fans but I have no faith it would come off as anything but desperateto audiences. Especially since an in-Universe reboot is merely to change the actors faces, and not their identities or backstories.
    I think WB realizes it would be too difficult to do another team up movie with characters who are tied to the old Snyder continuity and new rebooted franchises. Don’t think we’ll see another Justice League movie for at least 10 to 20 years. Maybe that’s why there were rumors of a JSA film in the works. They realized Justice League 2 is a lost cause and are trying to find a replacement. I still say it would be cool to see Black Adam as the Magneto-like figure trying to lead more proactive and violent heroes against the JSA who would be trying to teach the new generation integrity and empathy.

Heroic Hollywood is reporting Michael B. Jordan as new Superman, Screen Rant has Joaquin Phoenix making Joker appearance in Birds of Prey, and Cosmic Book News has Ezra Miller out as the Flash...

Are these April Fool's jokes or is anyone seeing this news elsewhere? (Ezra Miller news posted before today.)

I don't think a JL 2 is impossible to do well... I mean, Aquaman is a huge hit and the character was consider a joke in pop culture. Make a good movies with mainstream appeal and audiences will come. I like JL but it wasn't the epic movie it should have been. I'm sure a better movie with that tone would have been much better received. JL had so much terrible bts drama, and it still did decent $. I think $600 + is very decent for a troubled franchise. The problem was the huge budget it had.

I honestly think that if WW84 is a big retcon of the DCEU so far, and effectively "erasing" the Snyder movies from continuity, it's going to confuse and anger a lot of fans and general audiences who liked those movies. And some do because they buy the movies in home media still. I know I will be angry and disappointed if MOS is no longer canon. I much rather they did a hard reboot and start again. And leave the current continuity alone.

Heroic Hollywood is reporting Michael B. Jordan as new Superman, Screen Rant has Joaquin Phoenix making Joker appearance in Birds of Prey, and Cosmic Book News has Ezra Miller out as the Flash...

Are these April Fool's jokes or is anyone seeing this news elsewhere? (Ezra Miller news posted before today.)
    The WW84 retcon I mentioned is not part of April's 1st. it happened before that.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.

I don't know why so many people think you need Flashpoint to explain why certain characters are now played by different actors.

The audience knows by now that these characters do not belong to any one single actor.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

The WW84 retcon I mentioned is not part of April's 1st. it happened before that.
    The claim was that WW84 was being pushed back so they could do rewrites and reshoots to make it into Flashpoint. The official explanation given was that they wanted to move it to the similar time frame as the first movie since it was so monstrously successful there (and, to be honest, they probably wanted to avoid Frozen 2). You can claim they're being untruthful or whatever, but that makes way more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Cosmic Book News is a joke even on non-April Fools dates.

So I just heard the rumor that apparently the Wonder Woman 84 movie will be a soft reboot of the DCU and it could start a new timeline (similar to the Abrams Star Trek movies), hence ignoring or drastically changing all the events from the Zack Snyder movies... It's what Grace Randolph talked about when mentioning Flashpoint last year.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I can see WB doing it. I don't know how to feel but right now I don't like it. ugh, sounds so convoluted and if not done right could mess things up in a way I won't enjoy it anymore. I mean, what's going to happen to Aquaman, Shazam, Superman. Are they going to erase that too? geez.
    1. Sounds like bs to me
    2. If it did happen they’d be rebooting Superman and Batman not the successful characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. Sounds like bs to me
    2. If it did happen they’d be rebooting Superman and Batman not the successful characters.
    For real. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam are the three characters pretty much guaranteed not to be recast anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Never trust any movie news on April 1st. If it's still floating around tomorrow, then it's worth believing.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. Sounds like bs to me
    Maybe it is bs, but if it isn't and only Batman and Superman get rebooted, it just sounds like a big mess of a continuity. I much rather they just recast the 2 roles and continue.

There is also Suicide Squad 2 bringing characters from the first movie, and Shazam heavily mentioning characters and events from the Snyder movies/characters. It sounds so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The claim was that WW84 was being pushed back so they could do rewrites and reshoots to make it into Flashpoint. The official explanation given was that they wanted to move it to the similar time frame as the first movie since it was so monstrously successful there (and, to be honest, they probably wanted to avoid Frozen 2). You can claim they're being untruthful or whatever, but that makes way more sense to me.
    WW84 was moved to June 2020 because the time for post-production was really tight for a November 2019 release, the WW84 production team wanted June 2020, but WB uppers had wanted a big splash for 2019. Then WB uppers realised that they already had the big splashes they needed and gave the WW84 team the time they wanted.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I don't know why so many people think you need Flashpoint to explain why certain characters are now played by different actors.
    Seriously. Reboots never actually fix anything in comics, I dont know why anyone would think rebooting the DCEU continuity would have better results.

Just put the tainted characters on the shelf for a couple years, recast, and move the hell on.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe it is bs, but if it isn't and only Batman and Superman get rebooted, it just sounds like a big mess of a continuity. I much rather they just recast the 2 roles and continue.
    Again, I really doubt you're going to see anything resembling an onscreen reboot to explain why these characters now look different. The source of the Flashpoint 84 rumor was that looney Grace.

To me a connected universe is all I am interested in. From me being a kid, i'm 48 now, I always wanted to see Justice League on the big screen. I got that...I geeked out and now regret what I got because it wasn't that good at all. I don't care if they do a reboot, one offs or whatever but give me a damn good JLA movie...You got Darkseid, Lex, Starro, Despero, Amazo, Vandal Savage and many other bad guys you could use to make this happen. Make it a slow/medium burn not a quick explosion like we had this time around. You can soft boot it, but these actors are not getting younger so they need to make a decision now.

Again, I really doubt you're going to see anything resembling an onscreen reboot to explain why these characters now look different. The source of the Flashpoint 84 rumor was that looney Grace.
    Mario Flores talked about it here. he says he has sources at WB.. it starts after the Affleck/Batman talk. He has been right but also wrong with scoops before, so who knows. Apparently Wonder Woman will be a public hero in WW84..