Page 193 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 931431831891901911921931941951961972032432936931193 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Mario Flores talked about it here.
    Even that is home mostly speculating. Again, I really don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Seriously. Reboots never actually fix anything in comics, I dont know why anyone would think rebooting the DCEU continuity would have better results.

Just put the tainted characters on the shelf for a couple years, recast, and move the hell on.
    Exactly. Trust me, if the Matt Reeves Batman is genuinely good and people like, nobody but the hardcore DCEU fans are gonna care that it's a new actor or that it might contradict stuff from Batman v. Superman.

So I just heard the rumor that apparently the Wonder Woman 84 movie will be a soft reboot of the DCU and it could start a new timeline (similar to the Abrams Star Trek movies), hence ignoring or drastically changing all the events from the Zack Snyder movies... It's what Grace Randolph talked about when mentioning Flashpoint last year.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I can see WB doing it. I don't know how to feel but right now I don't like it. ugh, sounds so convoluted and if not done right could mess things up in a way I won't enjoy it anymore. I mean, what's going to happen to Aquaman, Shazam, Superman. Are they going to erase that too? geez.
    Pretty sure that rumor has been debunked. It started when Wonder Woman 1984's release date was moved to the next year. Supposedly a lot of what had already been filmed was going to be scrapped and there would be
    massive reshoots. But it turned out the producers just wanted more time to work on what they had already shot. So no reboot. At least no reboot involving the Wonder Woman 1984 movie. Probably not the Flash movie
    either, ie no Flashpoint movie. I doubt there is going to be any reboot. They will just go on as if nothing that happened before applies to what is happening now with the mindset that most people don't care, have short
    memory spans, and those that do care are such a small audience that they don't matter.

Mario Flores talked about it here. he says he has sources at WB.. it starts after the Affleck/Batman talk. He has been right but also wrong with scoops before, so who knows. Apparently Wonder Woman will be a public hero in WW84..

For me personally it’s less of a “reboot” and more of a “if you want to ignore what Snyder did go right ahead”. Patty was already contradicting what Snyder was doing with WW. Reeves is probably going to contradict Snyder as well. Basically WB is more concerned with rebuilding the brand than continuity.

Yup. Gal had confirmed the first movie was made with the knowledge they were gonna ignore the plot point from BVS about Diana having abandoned mankind in disgust, and it looks like WW 1984 is taking that even further (since the teaser they showed at Comic-Con had her fighting publicly in a massive shopping mall full of people.)

So if WW is the first public superhero, that's a big contradiction to Man of Steel. I don't like it at all. It makes for a very messy continuity, ugh.

They're not gonna be revisiting Man of Steel anytime soon, if at all, so that's no big deal, tbh. I say this not to be rude, but for the most part it sounds like the continuity of the future movies is really only be confusing if you're super invested in what Snyder was building, because that's likely being disregarded, for the most part. Your average person going to see these movies probably isn't gonna care if things don't line up with the early films, especially given how polarizing those were.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They're not gonna be revisiting Man of Steel anytime soon, if at all, so that's no big deal, tbh. I say this not to be rude, but for the most part it sounds like the continuity of the future movies is really only be confusing if you're super invested in what Snyder was building, because that's likely being disregarded, for the most part. Your average person going to see these movies probably isn't gonna care if things don't line up with the early films, especially given how polarizing those were.
    well I find it hard to believe that Patty Jenkins would be fine with this huge retcon of the DCU continuity because she and Snyder seem to get along so well. I guess she will be called the next judas/snake..

I'm only invested in Man of Steel and JL. I don't care much for BvS. But I know lots like MOS and will be really upset if the movie get 'erased'. I don't think WB need more controversy.

well I find it hard to believe that Patty Jenkins would be fine with this huge retcon of the DCU continuity because she and Snyder seem to get along so well.
    I mean WW was already retconning/changing stuff from BVS.

But I know lots like MOS and will be really upset if the movie get 'erased'. I don't think WB need more controversy.
    I think you're kind of overestimating how many people would be mad about it. Some hardcore fans, sure. But the movie was 6 years ago now. I doubt your average viewer remembers all that much about it aside from the big moments.

Not to mention that what Snyder started building in MoS was already being derailed by WB when JL hit. Remember when JL was going to be a two-movie deal and Darkseid was going to brainwash Superman?

WB might go through the effort of rebooting. I dont trust them to make smart choices. But as much as I love MoS (and I really do love that movie, warts and all) it's in WB's best interest to ignore what Snyder was working towards, throwing in a vague line of dialogue about Superman's death-return or Steppenwolf (as Aquaman did) and not dwell on the details or any contradictions that creates.

Its far more important that these movies are entertaining on their own, and far less important if they follow the continuity from movies from years ago that weren't well received in the first place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So if WW is the first public superhero, that's a big contradiction to Man of Steel. I don't like it at all. It makes for a very messy continuity, ugh.
    Next couple of movies are going to be rough for you then man. They are not going to work around those films when they were failures in WB’s eyes. Gunn is doing his own thing with the Squad. Reeves is assuredly going to be ignoring Snyder’s stuff. Whenever Superman makes his reappearance it will assuredly not be Cavill playing him, and the new Superman director will have free reign to reinterpret the character.

Right now it’s better to pretend the Snyderverse never happened because for all intents and purposes going forward it didn’t.

Incredible Member

I think what's going on will be a "soft-reboot": anything that worked from the "Synder-verse" will be kept, while that which didn't will be jettison. WB won't be obvious about it either.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

WW continuity is already messy in the DCEU. I would just follow what Patty established and just keep going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    WW continuity is already messy in the DCEU. I would just follow what Patty established and just keep going with that.
    Yeah, it seems like the only continuity that's going to matter to the solo films is their own standalone continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Next couple of movies are going to be rough for you then man. They are not going to work around those films when they were failures in WB’s eyes. Gunn is doing his own thing with the Squad. Reeves is assuredly going to be ignoring Snyder’s stuff. Whenever Superman makes his reappearance it will assuredly not be Cavill playing him, and the new Superman director will have free reign to reinterpret the character.

Right now it’s better to pretend the Snyderverse never happened because for all intents and purposes going forward it didn’t.
    I only really care about the Superman stuff. Don't care at all about what happens to Batman, and Gunn's SS is not a movie I'm interested in at all. Can't stand that guy.

I care about other DC movies like Aquaman, WW, Flash, and I know those films are already retconning some Snyder stuff from BvS and JL. But Supes is my priority. Oh well, if I don't like what WB are doing, I just won't watch anything. I'm still watching Shazam. Looks kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    A retcon of this magnitude is just so messy and has never been done in a film franchise before. We're used to it as comic fans but I have no faith it would come off as anything but desperateto audiences. Especially since an in-Universe reboot is merely to change the actors faces, and not their identities or backstories.
    I can guarantee that retcons like this have happened before in film franchises. Halloween comes to mind immediately. Hell Evil Dead 2 remakes the first movie in the opening before becoming it's own movie. Pretty much everyone but Ash and Linda were retconned out.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics