Page 2 of 1397 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Harley Quinn getting top billing in a BoP movie made me throw up in my mouth a little. "Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes", smh.
    Hilarious.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

So Barbara Gordon is not only erased from the Birds of Prey, she is removed from Cassandra Cain's story also. Why am I not surprised?

Barbara's story is one of the most meaningful and strongest within all of comics history. It deserves to be told properly, in full, and from her perspective.

Margot Robbie: “I pitched the idea of an R-rated girl gang film including Harley, because I was like, ‘Harley needs friends.’ Harley loves interacting with people, so don’t ever make her do a standalone film," Robbie said in a previous interview. "She’s got to be with other people, it should be a girl gang.”

Harley has a lot of friends but they aren’t Black Canary, Huntress, or Montoya! I still have no idea why they are making this a Birds of Prey movie. Gotham City Sirens would work so much better as a R rated girl gang movie. Just have Harley team up with Ivy and Catwoman. If Catwoman is off the board due to her connection to Batman, then maybe use Black Canary as a reluctant partner.

Mighty Member

'Birds of Prey' Villain Confirmed as Black Mask

Birds of Prey is set to bring a whole new corner of the DC Comics universe to the big screen, and a unique villain will be playing a role in that.

According to a new report from The Wrap, Black Mask will be making his big-screen debut as the villain in Birds of Prey.

Also known as Roman Sionis, Black Mask is a drug kingpin in Gotham City, who was a reluctant childhood friend of Bruce Wayne. After killing his parents and inheriting their fortune, Sionis ends up ruining his family's cosmetics company, with Bruce offering to help bail him out. Sionis then visits his parents' grave, where he is struck by lightning, an event that he sees as his own personal "rebirth." Sionis then destroys his father's casket, using the pieces to make his Black Mask, and quickly becoming a crime boss.

While it's unclear exactly what version of Sionis' backstory will make it to the big screen, the hints around his possible arrival have certainly been there. For one thing, Black Mask was long rumored to be tied to David Ayer's Gotham City Sirens script, leaving some fans to wonder if the villain would carry over into this new Harley Quinn-centric project. And a blink-and-you'll-miss-it Justice League Easter egg actually referenced Sionis' Janus Cosmetics company, leaving fans to wonder if and when the villain could make his debut.

This will mark Black Mask's second live-action debut, after the character appeared in early seasons of Gotham (played, weirdly enough, by current Suicide Squad 2 co-writer Todd Stashwick).

Interestingly, Black Mask doesn't really have an established relationship with the Birds of Prey, only crossing paths with Batgirl and Huntress on small occasions. So either way, fans will just have to wait and see exactly how the villain will factor into the Birds of Prey movie.

Birds of Prey is set to feature Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya, all of whom will be joining Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) in a sort of team-up situation.

Birds of Prey will be directed by Cathy Yan, and produced by Robbie alongside Kroll & Co Entertainment's Sue Kroll and Clubhouse Pictures' Bryan Unkeless. A version of the script was penned by Bumblebee's Christina Hodson. The film is reportedly set to begin filming in the beginning of 2019.
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 08-06-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Double Post

So between Birds of prey, suicide squad 2, GCS(if that happens), the Joker movie, and Harley vs Joker we have the next 5-6 years of Harley Quinn movies covered

If they do indeed go through with a Supergirl movie, I very much hope that it's as far from the TV series as humanly possible. There are two ways to do that. Both would have her as a teenager rather than being nearly 30. Then you could go the classic direction with her being younger than Clark and landing after Argo City is destroyed (my preferred origin for her) and she arrives on Earth and is raised by Fred and Edna Danvers and she'd be an only child that goes by Linda. Then you could go with the Loeb version (probably more likely) where she is older, but arrives on Earth with no knowledge of the culture and is later helped out by Superman and could be taken in by Martha Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Hilarious.
    "Join the Joker and the rest of the Batfamily..."
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

Why was a new thread created? Worlds of DC was confirmed to not be the new tag line already....

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Why was a new thread created? Worlds of DC was confirmed to not be the new tag line already....
    Matt (the mod) shut down most of the really long threads in hope that it would speed the site up.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

This Birds of Prey movie is the first Dc movie I'm not excited about. I really hope they are not making Renee the Question already. There is so much you can do with Vic first.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    This Birds of Prey movie is the first Dc movie I'm not excited about. I really hope they are not making Renee the Question already. There is so much you can do with Vic first.
    Even if they went with Renee you could still tell prequels with Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope not. He was my favorite part of Justice League. I don't hold out any hopes for the Cyborg movie becoming a reality, but they really shouldn't give up on the character altogether.
    Visual How he looked in JL, It might not be such a bad idea to move on and start new. They could pull big name for Cyborg as well I mean a Michael B. Jordan or somebody with presence to sell franchise but yeah it sucks that plans could be changing and is screwing him. Also instead I mean now they could sneak him the next season of Titans but after the trailer I don't know if I would want that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Harley Quinn getting top billing in a BoP movie made me throw up in my mouth a little. "Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes", smh.
    Margo Robbie's star power is what getting movie made and Harley Quinn is basically DC's Deadpool so her getting top billing isn't that off either. Business wise what are you supposed to do?

About the title of this new thread...

- "Course corrected" makes me shudder because Warner Bros thinking that DC movies needed a "course correction" was the reason why we got Geoff Johns in charge. And that worked SO WELL, right? (coughjusticeleaguecough)

- I don't think "Worlds of DC" is an actual official name, just something they put in a banner. And even if it is, I will keep using DCEU (DC Entertainment Universe), thank you very much!
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Margo Robbie's star power is what getting movie made and Harley Quinn is basically DC's Deadpool so her getting top billing isn't that off either. Business wise what are you supposed to do?
    How about making a Sirens movie and have Harley lead that instead of forcing her in as the lead of a BoP movie? It is fine if they don't want to do a Harley solo movie because they feel she works better in a team setting, but why drag the BoP franchise down and making it another Harley vehicle when they have an entire team built around Harley and her friends already in Sirens. It makes no sense, especially as Harley isn't a hero.