Page 200 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1001501901961971981992002012022032042102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As much as they might say they're going to do unconnected movies, I think WB can't look at all the money Marvel makes and not want to duplicate that success. I haven't seen CAPTAIN MARVEL--but from all reports, it's a meh movie, and it's one of those building block movies that's building toward something bigger--in the past that kind of movie would have made 600 million in its entire run and been happy to do so. But it's already made over a billion dollars and that seems to be because it's a Marvel movie (says so in its title) and it's part of the developing larger Marvel story. WB wants that kind of success and they're going to keep trying until they get it.
    It's different from Marvel though. Marvel at this point has built their movies into an event with the occasional exception like the Ant Man flicks. Endgame is probably one of the most hyped movies I've ever seen. Gonna be honest, I honestly think it's almost impossible for any studio to replicate their success. What they've done is absolutely mind-boggling

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Shazam!’ Whams $4M+ In Thursday Night U.S. Previews, Eyes $145M+ Worldwide Launch – Early B.O. Read: https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-...ng-1202588955/

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Don't forget to mark spoilers in this thread if you've seen the film already! After all, it's in the title!

We may be able to know/guess what's happening based off GJ's Shazam, but still have the courtesy in case some posters reading this thread want to go in totally blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Just saw Shazam not as good as I thought it would be
    A nice movie but it's missing something that would make it a true DCU film
    A bad script? Terrible editing? Digitally removed mustache?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    A bad script? Terrible editing? Digitally removed mustache?
    Oh, ouch! LOL!

UPDATE: Numbers are in according to @DEADLINE and #Shazam super powered its way to a $5.9M Thursday opening and with early screenings the total for the film sits at $9.2M heading into the weekend

source: https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/...77775483662337

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ay-1203181485/
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-05-2019 at 09:12 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.thewrap.com/viola-davis-...suicide-squad/

According to Eh Maybe, Viola Davis will be reprising the role of Amanda Waller in Gunn's Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

According to Eh Maybe, Viola Davis will be reprising the role of Amanda Waller in Gunn's Suicide Squad.
    I hope it’s true. She’s such a perfect fit for Amanda Waller!

If they were keeping Waller, I would've been more surprised if they didn't keep Davis as Waller.

If we get a Flash movie soon-ish, what elements do you want to see to make him a unique DC superhero?

They need to show he's the fastest and that his powers are science based. Also, he can time travel. Show some variations of his power. Make his personality unique. I'm saying this because his costume and emblem look a lot like Shazam.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If we get a Flash movie soon-ish, what elements do you want to see to make him a unique DC superhero?

They need to show he's the fastest and that his powers are science based. Also, he can time travel. Show some variations of his power. Make his personality unique. I'm saying this because his costume and emblem look a lot like Shazam.
    Using his knowledge of chemistry to help him fight crime, his fan of comics as a kid, his slightly nerdy everyman character, his CSI skills. I woud want the cinematography to be much more creative than we've seen in Justice League.

I could do with less of a focus on time-travel, especially if it involves dead-mama-drama.

Just watched the big red cheese & loved it. Also a DCEU movie through and through (well as in being its own unique thing but embraces the shared universe). Something I really hope for the upcoming movies too but I fear they will try to hard distancing themselves (looking at you WW84 :-( ).

I mean WW1984 is a prequel set in the 80s anyway. Barring a cameo from digitally deaged Ben Affleck as teen Bruce Wayne I'm not sure what connections anyone could reasonably expect.

It saddens me to see the cast from the original movie returning to Gunn's Suicide Squad. There's a good reason why I don't stan actors. Most people in Hollywood are willing to work with anyone as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the day.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    It saddens me to see the cast from the original movie returning to Gunn's Suicide Squad. There's a good reason why I don't stan actors. Most people in Hollywood are willing to work with anyone as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the day.
    For her and everybody else, Gunn can't possibly be any worse than surviving Leto