Page 208 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1081581982042052062072082092102112122182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The ! signifies a 7th champion. It would be like leaving out the z, Shaam!, or the h, Sazam! The name isn't complete without the !
    That's dumb. If someone becomes the next champion does it add another exclamation point?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's dumb. If someone becomes the next champion does it add another exclamation point?
    Have no idea. Just saying that his name is Shazam!, with a ! at the end.

BANNED

"!" is the name of a champion. this is all explored in the current Shazam series

Okay Johns, you finally lost me .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay Johns, you finally lost me .
    He definitely loves exploring characters' "hidden powers" that they never knew about

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Have no idea. Just saying that his name is Shazam!, with a ! at the end.
    His name is still Captain Marvel to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    His name is still Captain Marvel to me.
    You are not alone on that front...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's really sweet .

So it looks like Shazam might end up selling less than MoS. I really hope WB learns from this next time, the DC brand isn’t strong enough to go head to head with Marvel yet. At least we’re going to be getting sequels and those will hopefully perform even better now that Billy’s name is out there.

Retired

I was really hoping SHAZAM! could make closer to 30 million this weekend. They have a chance of doing well over the Easter long weekend--they should pull out the stops and really promote it this week. The thing is, the new release that could challenge it is also a WB movie.

Not doing well in China is what hurts. Hard to understand the cultural politics, but supernatural movies are not liked by the government there. Strange, since so many Chinese stories have a supernatural element--but maybe that conflicts with Maoist values.

Should DC try to change their movies to appeal to China, so they can accumulate more at the box office?

Are you asking what we as fans want? Because the answer to “should they sell out to an authoritarian regime to make more cash” is going to be a resounding no to me. And I think it’s less the supernatural elements and more that Endgame is on the way and that totally eclipses Shazam in mindshare if not necessarily quality.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was really hoping SHAZAM! could make closer to 30 million this weekend. They have a chance of doing well over the Easter long weekend--they should pull out the stops and really promote it this week. The thing is, the new release that could challenge it is also a WB movie.

Not doing well in China is what hurts. Hard to understand the cultural politics, but supernatural movies are not liked by the government there. Strange, since so many Chinese stories have a supernatural element--but maybe that conflicts with Maoist values.

Should DC try to change their movies to appeal to China, so they can accumulate more at the box office?
    China is a plus but you don't need to appeal to China to get money from them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Are you asking what we as fans want? Because the answer to “should they sell out to an authoritarian regime to make more cash” is going to be a resounding no to me. And I think it’s less the supernatural elements and more that Endgame is on the way and that totally eclipses Shazam in mindshare if not necessarily quality.
    Marvel doesn't do that well in China either though

previous films in the DCEU have done pretty well there. Aquaman made almost $300mil there and BvS and WW made close to 100mil and even JL made over 100mil there (Suicide Squad is banned in China)
    Last edited by Elmo; 04-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Lets be honest, China or not China, it could have done better, till now I am far from impressed with BO. I expected more, especially since It had great reviews and it came 4 months after Aquaman. The truth is that Shazam is not that popular overseas or else it is us fans, who being naturally biased believed it could be another big success.
    Some will say that it has recovered its production budget, but honestly audiences haven't embraced it as we expected. Can't even compare results with Suicide squad which is definitely not the finest of the DCEU.