Page 21 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ray Fisher is supposed to be in the next season of TRUE DETECTIVE. I wish him well.
    Woah that's awesome.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Early Flash concept model for BvS: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnmj-gynyyL/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

God, I love TRUE DETECTIVE !!! errrhhh I mean can someone name ONE great or classic Cyborg issue or arc?

Cavill reported as officially done as Superman.

https://www.businessinsider.com/henr...-report-2018-9

Shame. Henry could’ve been an amazing Superman if the people in charge actually knew what the hell they were doing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Very disappointed by WB. They should have let Snyder do his thing. What a waste.

Let's hope Aquaman are great movies. I have faith in those directors. Let's hope the suits let them do their work.

Astonishing Member

It’s unfortunate. But not unexpected. The writing was on the wall for a while now.

Though one thing to note here is that reportedly Warner’s is now placing priority on a Supergirl movie over a Superman film which I think is telling in on itself about where they stand on the franchise.

If I’m not mistaken, Warner’s hold on the Superman film rights are not the same as they are with other DC characters film rights(in which they have them in perpetuity) so similar to studios like Sony and Fox that only licenses Marvel rights but don’t actually own them if Warner’s waits too long to begin production on a Superman movie or any Superman related movie then they lose the film rights. So I’m wondering if doing a Supergirl film is seen as an alternative to doing another proper Superman movie with Cavil so they don’t lose the Superman film rights? Either way, I’m ambivalent about the DC-on-film universe so whatever.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-12-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Jesus christ WB just give the man what he wants.

Its like every time things look good they step on a rake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Very disappointed by WB. They should have let Snyder do his thing. What a waste. .
    They already let him do his thing and it didn’t work out which lead to the course-correcting they’re doing now.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Zero chance Micheal B. Jordan would ever take the Superman role, if offered. I suspect he’d rather not revisit the fan backlash he received when he was cast as Johnny Storm in that disastrous Fantastic Four film back in 2014. Plus, I don’t think he’d be interested anyway since I feel he’d prefer to play Batman.

Micheal B. Jordan isn’t the only black actor to be considered for the Last Son Of Krypton. Will Smith was considered for the role at one point for Singer’s Superman Returns in which he declined.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

I'm pretty gutted. He was one of the highlights of the casting for me, loved Man of Steel, and thought he deserved another great standalone. We knew he had it in him to do it. And now not only do we miss out on him but we irreparably fracture the DCEU. I don't care what Warner Bros. plans are, they have not made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Warner’s hold on the Superman film rights are not the same as they are with other DC characters film rights(in which they have them in perpetuity) so similar to studios like Sony and Fox that only licenses Marvel rights but don’t actually own them if Warner’s waits too long to begin production on a Superman movie or any Superman related movie than they lose the rights.
    Citation needed.

Retired

The first time I saw Michael B. Jordan act was in ALL MY CHILDREN when he played Reggie opposite Amanda Seyfried as Joni. And while Reggie was a likable character, I've always found Jordan's acting a bit flat. And his movie roles have been hit n miss. I'm not against casting an African-American as Superman, but I don't think he's the best actor for the job. Anyway, I doubt he'll leave Marvel. They would have to throw a lot of money at any big name actor to get him to take the Superman part--because DC movies are a gamble, they aren't like Marvel movies where the actor is assured of some success. This is probably why actors hungry to establish themselves in super-hero movies are more likely to get the DC roles.

If Cavill and Affleck are both out, I wonder how this will afffect the other movies. Do Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash just forget that those heroes existed?

According to Dany Garcia, Cavill's manager, he's still Superman.

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...02939261808640
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison