Page 222 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    James Gunn's 'The Suicide Squad' Casts 'Ant-Man' Actor David Dastmalchian as Polka-Dot Man (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ot-man-1205280

Also, from Gunn Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2QaHKgLgT/
    This makes me so happy. Ostrander’s Suicide Squad run is one of the best DC comics ever.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What you described I think of Atomic Blonde.

Interesting. Did you know the Atomic Blonde fight crew are working on BOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Canary has been a supporting character or part of an ensemble for the majority of her existence. I know she's a fan favorite but let's not act like she's Wonder Woman who actually has held a solo series since her inception.

And no, they don't need a big name or rising star to play BC.

Why should Smollett-Bell lose out on a role just because of other adaptations' mistakes with Black Canary?
    I agree. I'd argue that Hawkgirl is a much bigger character than Black Canary and the #2 JL female, behind only Wonder Woman. She's the one you have to be careful casting.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I agree. I'd argue that Hawkgirl is a much bigger character than Black Canary and the #2 JL female, behind only Wonder Woman. She's the one you have to be careful casting.
    I would say Hawkgirl is popular because she was in the DCAU although I'm not sure I'd put her #2 in the JL. She hasn't really been as prominent since then.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Where are these Barbara Gordon fans who said the BOP was making her stale, and are they actually that numerous to warrant paying attention to them? And are they all the same people?

Some of the hyperbole is obnoxious, as films like WW, Aquaman and Shazam didn't deserve any of it. But dismissing all the negative criticism as being in the same league is sort of fighting hyperbole with hyperbole. Those who are wary of how BOP will turn out are not necessarily going to speak ill of WW, Aquaman and Shazam. Byrd even said in their post that those were good, so it's not constant negativity.

The studio is not consistent though, and this is a BOP movie with a non-BOP character at the forefront, lack of the actual lead, and details like Helena Bertinelli being a mob enforcer (or did that one change). We can look forward to WW84, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 and be allowed to voice concerns with how BOP appears to be shaping out to be.

I didn't say they were a wildly popular franchise, just that the fans of the property have a right to be concerned if some of the details are changed. Best case is changes are made but you still end up with a good movie, worst case is they change stuff, give most of the focus to Harley, and it still sucks.

And if Harley is the brand, why not just name it a Harley movie with some of these other characters that you can spin off into a new film? You'd get the same result without fans wondering why a BOP movie isn't focused on the BOP.
    Because Harley, as the brand, can help lift the other Gotham women.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Because Harley, as the brand, can help lift the other Gotham women.
    So why even label it as the BOP brand to begin with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say Hawkgirl is popular because she was in the DCAU although I'm not sure I'd put her #2 in the JL. She hasn't really been as prominent since then.
    That's basically the one and only reason anyone who doesn't read comics may know about Hawkgirl. But yeah, I wouldn't say she's #2 either. Not sure who really is #2 on the DC side, but whoever it is, it's a very distant #2.

I was moreso talking about the GA. Because of JLU she's more associated with the League than Black Canary or any of the other female Leaguers, minus Wonder Woman. She's easily the most requested female member to join, up there with the likes of Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in requests.

If I had to rank, I'd say:

1) Wonder Woman
    2) Hawkgirl
    3) Zatanna
    4) Black Canary/Vixen
    6) Mera/Jessica Cruz
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Retired

Like Green Arrow, Black Canary started out as a second banana character but she managed to keep coming back and become one of the most important JLA members and then with Green Arrow become an important solo character. Granted she was in an ensemble series (while Ollie himself was dead), but she was the lead character in BOP. She's had a much stronger publication profile than Zatanna and Hawkwoman--who get to appear in a series for a bit and then disappear for long stretches of time. For most of DC history she's been the number 2 heroine, next to Wonder Woman. And unlike the powerful Diana or Kara or Zatanna, Dinah is in the same class as Green Arrow, Batman and Mr. Terrific as a street fighter. So she makes a nice contrast to Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    James Gunn's 'The Suicide Squad' Casts 'Ant-Man' Actor David Dastmalchian as Polka-Dot Man (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ot-man-1205280

Also, from Gunn Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2QaHKgLgT/
    Sounds exactly like what I hoped for from a Suicide Squad film.

Or, this being the DCEU, they could reboot Black Canary for the Green Arrow movie .

I'm personally torn.

I don't want the movie to fail on the level of not wanting another DC movie to fail, let alone a female-led one, but I'm worried that if it's successful that this movie might drastically alter the Birds of Prey overall.
    Yeah, but if that happens it'd only last, what, 5 years max before the next writer says screw it and changes it back to be like their preferred era of the team? What's five years in a title next to a decent film?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Look how long it took to get another live action version of Birds of Prey after the Birds of Prey TV show flopped and was cancelled after one season.
    All the more reason to hope the movie doesn't bomb. If the movie fails that spectacularly DC might give up on the title. Even if they don't cancel it, they might decide to not waste good talent on it. A far worse fate I'd argue than having Harley forced on the team. At least a good enough writer can make Harley on BoP interesting. A bad writer on the title? Doesn't matter who is on the team then.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim kelly View Post
    like green arrow, black canary started out as a second banana character but she managed to keep coming back and become one of the most important jla members and then with green arrow become an important solo character. Granted she was in an ensemble series (while ollie himself was dead), but she was the lead character in bop. She's had a much stronger publication profile than zatanna and hawkwoman--who get to appear in a series for a bit and then disappear for long stretches of time. For most of dc history she's been the number 2 heroine, next to wonder woman. And unlike the powerful diana or kara or zatanna, dinah is in the same class as green arrow, batman and mr. Terrific as a street fighter. So she makes a nice contrast to wonder woman.
    this×1000!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Interesting. Did you know the Atomic Blonde fight crew are working on BOP?
    Actually, I didn't. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I was moreso talking about the GA. Because of JLU she's more associated with the League than Black Canary or any of the other female Leaguers, minus Wonder Woman. She's easily the most requested female member to join, up there with the likes of Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in requests.

If I had to rank, I'd say:

1) Wonder Woman
    2) Hawkgirl
    3) Zatanna
    4) Black Canary/Vixen
    6) Mera/Jessica Cruz
    I would say thanks to JLU Canary is definitely pretty associated with the League...Black Canary's episodes are probably one of the more memorable of the show.