Page 227 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It probably wasn't what the teens want today and nothing to do with quality. As it is, it easily made a profit for WB, so that's good for more films.
    somebody said that Shazam in this movie wasn't cool. That grown, tough men would not go running to see a kid that turns into a man and becomes a powerful superhero like Superman. Maybe the audience for this character is not as big as WB hoped? I think we'll know how WB really feel if the sequel happens. Hopefully home media helps the audience to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's basically proving my point then. The supposed "generation" that you're referring to takes zero active interest in the DC characters and only casually remembers them from a cartoon show they saw as kids all those years ago. Super Friends was influential as well and if the DC universe was not defined by that, then why should it be defined by this.
    Which is funny since most people knew Aquaman from that show and his reputation suffered for it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's a big deal to YOU. The only reason you're saying this is because the DCAU has importance for you. Anecdotes about other posters on this site (comprised of mostly hardcore comic fans) doesn't help your case. This myth about the DCAU is so tired and needs to end. Obviously there was a generation who grew up on those cartoons but just because it was popular for children in the 90s doesn't mean it's the GA's sole knowledge of these characters. It was popular, yes. It was prolific, yes. It was mostly comic fans and children who watched them and DC media eclipsed those series in the years following. So while it remains important you are severely overestimating its influence just because you yourself are a fan
    It's not a big deal to me. I enjoy it and will rewatch episodes whenever I feel like it. Go check out Watchtower Database on Youtube, there is obviously still a fanbase that is larger than you think .

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    somebody said that Shazam in this movie wasn't cool. That grown, tough men would not go running to see a kid that turns into a man and becomes a powerful superhero like Superman. Maybe the audience for this character is not as big as WB hoped? I think we'll know how WB really feel if the sequel happens. Hopefully home media helps the audience to grow.
    Shazam will be fine. It got screwed by being sandwiched between two Marvel films but it reviewed well and made a profit. Plus the Rock is making his Black Adam movie. There will be a Shazam 2.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Which is funny since most people knew Aquaman from that show and his reputation suffered for it.
    Yes because that show was the only outside media representation Aquaman had for 30 years. But anyway, I'm glad DC overall moved on from the 90s and early 2000s. I have the JLU Blu-ray set 3 feet away from me, if I ever miss it I can always start binging it again.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-01-2019 at 04:12 PM.

BANNED

It's not a big deal to me. I enjoy it and will rewatch episodes whenever I feel like it. Go check out Watchtower Database on Youtube, there is obviously still a fanbase that is larger than you think .
    I never said the fanbase is large but we shouldn't be assimilating them with the GA and assuming that the GA has preset notions of DC characters solely from the DCAU. that's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Shazam will be fine. It got screwed by being sandwiched between two Marvel films but it reviewed well and made a profit. Plus the Rock is making his Black Adam movie. There will be a Shazam 2.
    I have to see it to believe it.. According to his instagram, The Rock is in talks with a Kevin for something.. some think it's for a marvel role...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I never said the fanbase is large but we shouldn't be assimilating them with the GA and assuming that the GA has preset notions of DC characters solely from the DCAU. that's ludicrous.
    Never said that.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

His reputation suffered from comedians decades later goofing on him unfairly. I don't recall anybody beating up on Arthur when the show was on ABC.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

His reputation suffered from comedians decades later goofing on him unfairly. I don't recall anybody beating up on Arthur when the show was on ABC.
    I can't speak for reactions at the time (I'm only 21 happy belated birthday to me) but most of those comedians make fun of that version. People have to get their material from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    It's hard to say with any certainty what the problem, if there is one, could be. The greater name recognition and the Rock will be a nice boost for the sequel, though.

I can't speak for reactions at the time (I'm only 21 happy belated birthday to me) but most of those comedians make fun of that version. People have to get their material from somewhere.
    Understood, but I just wished they found a more deserving target than Aquaman. BTW, happy belated birthday!

Happy belated birthday .
    Understood, but I just wished they found a more deserving target than Aquaman. BTW, happy belated birthday!
    Didn't Hawkman only fly ?

I like Aquaman but while watching some Superfriends on DC Universe and in the episode the case of the stolen powers from the last season considered the more serious story wise of the show a yacht is being stolen by Penguin who has Felix Faust powers and Aquaman literally jumps into the air misses falls to the water and gets caught in a net. It seriously was like something out of Family Guy comedians used Aquaman as a punching bag but it was DC who special delivered that bag to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I like Aquaman but while watching some Superfriends on DC Universe and in the episode the case of the stolen powers from the last season considered the more serious story wise of the show a yacht is being stolen by Penguin who has Felix Faust powers and Aquaman literally jumps into the air misses falls to the water and gets caught in a net. It seriously was like something out of Family Guy comedian used Aquaman as a punching bag but it was DC who special delivered that bag to them.
    Aquaman sucks in Super-friends. Aquaman the character is great but he is the worst in Superfriends and that's why he was made fun of for years.