Page 229 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1291792192252262272282292302312322332392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 20948
    Retired

How much does it cost to do a series of 12 issues against how much does it cost to make a major motion picture? Disney and Warner shouldn't even worry about the failing sales of comic books--I'd bet they pay just as much for a movie treatment. DC and Marvel should be doing more runs of comics to work out the characters and the concepts and then using that as the foundation for a movie.

I'm totally in love with DOOM PATROL on streaming. It might not be a huge hit, but it shows how you can adapt the comics to the screen. I want more of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    How much does it cost to do a series of 12 issues against how much does it cost to make a major motion picture? Disney and Warner shouldn't even worry about the failing sales of comic books--I'd bet they pay just as much for a movie treatment. DC and Marvel should be doing more runs of comics to work out the characters and the concepts and then using that as the foundation for a movie.

I'm totally in love with DOOM PATROL on streaming. It might not be a huge hit, but it shows how you can adapt the comics to the screen. I want more of that.
    it's the 2nd most popular streaming show in the US right now. so that statement is incorrect.

I agree though Doom Patrol is AWESOME.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    it's the 2nd most popular streaming show in the US right now. so that statement is incorrect.
    I didn't know that. From the news sites I visit, I would never have guessed that because it seems like only a few people know anything about it. And it doesn't get a lot of coverage. But maybe I'm getting my information from the wrong sites.

DC Universe is apparently doing a good job of repairing the DC brand after the failure of the movies .

Retired

If only the rest of us in the free world could get that service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I didn't know that. From the news sites I visit, I would never have guessed that because it seems like only a few people know anything about it. And it doesn't get a lot of coverage. But maybe I'm getting my information from the wrong sites.
    Doom Patrol is really good. More people need to see it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

I agree though Doom Patrol is AWESOME.
    Do you have a source for your first statement ? DC does not reveal the service's subscriber count but estimates by third parties aren't glowing.

https://sensortower.com/blog/dc-universe-mobile-launch

Netflix, Hulu and HBO have huge subscriber bases that dwarfs DCU's subscriber count. That's why i find it highly unlikely for a DC show to be the "2nd most popular streaming show in the US," no matter how good it is. Most likely you read somewhere that Doom Patrol was the 2nd most popular show in the DCU -- with Titans being number one -- and somehow extrapolated it to mean the entire US.

Quote Originally Posted by jertz666 View Post
    Do you have a source for your first statement ? DC does not reveal the service's subscriber count but estimates by third parties aren't glowing.

Netflix, Hulu and HBO have huge subscriber bases that dwarfs DCU's subscriber count. That's why i find it highly unlikely for a DC show to be the "2nd most popular streaming show in the US," no matter how good it is. Most likely you read somewhere that Doom Patrol was the 2nd most popular show in the DCU -- with Titans being number one -- and somehow extrapolated it to mean the entire US.
    I've read that Titans is the second or third most popular show being streamed, period. I think that has to do with the fact that it went to Netflix internationally.

1st is something called 13 reasons why and second is something called money heist.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danafel.../#52cecf1b76c0

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This article is 8 months old which isn't reflective on how the DCU is doing currently. I also think its being counted as original streaming show.

It may be 8 months old, but I really have a hard time imagining that in that time, DC Universe has gained enough subscribers that it seriously challenges the likes of Hulu and Netflix. It's a fairly niche app all things considered (it's for DC fans rather than having a wide swath of content like the major apps). Don't get me wrong, Doom Patrol is an absolutely great show. It's my favorite DC live-action show currently out there. But I really don't think it's the second most popular streaming show overall. There's no way.

BANNED

Umbrella academy was #1 and Doom Patrol was #2 when I looked. It's moved down quite a bit since I last looked but it's still in the top 10 most watched
    https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insi...06-april-2019/

and here's the most recent I could find which puts it even higher in the top 10

Last edited by Elmo; 05-03-2019 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

"most likely" give me a break LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It may be 8 months old, but I really have a hard time imagining that in that time, DC Universe has gained enough subscribers that it seriously challenges the likes of Hulu and Netflix. It's a fairly niche app all things considered (it's for DC fans rather than having a wide swath of content like the major apps). Don't get me wrong, Doom Patrol is an absolutely great show. It's my favorite DC live-action show currently out there. But I really don't think it's the second most popular streaming show overall. There's no way.
    I don't think it seriously challenges Hulu and Netfilx but I think it has proved to be much more successful for WB then I think initially expected it to be.

Umbrella academy was #1 and Doom Patrol was #2 when I looked. It's moved down quite a bit since I last looked but it's still in the top 10 most watched
    https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insi...06-april-2019/

and here's the most recent I could find which puts it even higher in the top 10

That looks good I think. DC close to Star Trek Discovery.

You guys seen this Jared Leto interview? Who knew he was such a DC shill? I liked him as Joker, minus some tats and the script didn't give him much to work with, but I liked him a lot. He felt different enough, imo.

https://twitter.com/JNapierrr/status...88134960730125