Page 246 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Breaking news: Henry Cavill cast as Hyperion in Avengers 5. Ben Affleck rumored for Moon Knight.
    That would be hilarious if Marvel did a Squadron Supreme movie that did better than JL with part of the same cast.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But we aren't. We got one Superman knockoff in film this decade. One evil Superman ripoff in this whole decade, in a smaller scale horror movie. I think we shouldn't overreact.
    Nobody is over reacting, we were just commenting on the recent Superman doom and gloom rumors and looking at the landscape of movies featuring him or stand-ins of him.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nobody is over reacting, we were just commenting on the recent Superman doom and gloom rumors and looking at the landscape of movies featuring him or stand-ins of him.
    Meh, rumors are just rumors, and sadly the bulk of the future landscape of movies featuring him or stand ins of him are mostly non-existent at this moment, for normal or evil Superman. If the bulk of Superman movies going forward is imaginary and we're just arguing hypotheticals, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, rumors are just rumors, and sadly the bulk of the future landscape of movies featuring him or stand ins of him are mostly non-existent at this moment, for normal or evil Superman. If the bulk of Superman movies going forward is imaginary and we're just arguing hypotheticals, well...
    Who's arguing?

Talking about rumors is pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Who's arguing?

Talking about rumors is pretty normal.
    Meh, the line between debating and talking is pretty blurry to me now online...

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Breaking news: Henry Cavill cast as Hyperion in Avengers 5. Ben Affleck rumored for Moon Knight.
    I wonder if they will cast people associated with the DC versions if/when they ever do the Squadron in the MCU .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rumor - DC May Be Making A Live-Action Superman: Red Son Movie: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...red-son-movie/
    Oh good god.

What is wrong with WB? Just give us a damn Superman film, right and proper.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So no movement at all on a cyberpunk Ray Fisher Cyborg flick? Such a wasted opportunity.

An interesting filmmaker could have redesigned that miserable look from JL, and done some cool stuff visually.

WB doesn't see Cyborg as a marketable character. If they ever did, JL's failure put the kibosh on any plans they had or could've had for him.

A Hyperion movie may be the only way we’d get a truly great “Superman” film. I wish it would happen. Show WB how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    So no movement at all on a cyberpunk Ray Fisher Cyborg flick? Such a wasted opportunity.

An interesting filmmaker could have redesigned that miserable look from JL, and done some cool stuff visually.
    It’s been incredibly frustrating being a Cyborg fan. So much wasted potential. So much can be done with a character who is basically a tech god.

I'm 99 percent certain that they were never gonna make a Cyborg movie, and announcing it alongside the rest of their initial slate was just a formality so people didn't complain about him being the only Justice League character left out in the cold.

I think Ray Fisher mentioned in an interview that the production budget for the proposed Cyborg movie hit $200 million, which yeah, means it won't be made anytime soon. At least that means that it's easier to bring him back if WB finds a way to make a good Cyborg movie at less cost: he hasn't burned any bridges with the fans or with WB.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I still don't understand why a Cyborg movie needs to be that expensive. They can always find a way to give him a more human look so there won't be need for CGI every time the character is on screen. The CGI would be needed only when he goes into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't understand why a Cyborg movie needs to be that expensive. They can always find a way to give him a more human look so there won't be need for CGI every time the character is on screen. The CGI would be needed only when he goes into battle.
    Yeah but you’re using logic. Not something WB has had in copious amounts when it comes to DC films.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    But how could they give us the (not at all run into the ground) plot of Vic wondering if he’s a man or machine, if he can look completely normal? It’s idiotic but WB is full of morons.