Page 247 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1471972372432442452462472482492502512572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But how could they give us the (not at all run into the ground) plot of Vic wondering if he’s a man or machine, if he can look completely normal? It’s idiotic but WB is full of morons.
    It's not like he needs to be a robot 24/7 to do the man vs machine story anyway. In the Semper run he could have a normal look whenever he wanted and they still did that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    So no movement at all on a cyberpunk Ray Fisher Cyborg flick? Such a wasted opportunity.

An interesting filmmaker could have redesigned that miserable look from JL, and done some cool stuff visually.
    Yeah, I think one of the worst ways Fisher got gypped was with that design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A Hyperion movie may be the only way we’d get a truly great “Superman” film. I wish it would happen. Show WB how to do it.
    If we ever get Hyperion in the MCU I'd bet on him being an antagonist or not as much a focus character. They're not going t omake him a solo star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm 99 percent certain that they were never gonna make a Cyborg movie, and announcing it alongside the rest of their initial slate was just a formality so people didn't complain about him being the only Justice League character left out in the cold.
    I think there were a lot of plans banking on Justice League and the DCEU doing better then it did. On-paper I think they probably wanted each member of the League to get their own solo movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't understand why a Cyborg movie needs to be that expensive. They can always find a way to give him a more human look so there won't be need for CGI every time the character is on screen. The CGI would be needed only when he goes into battle.
    Or you could even give him a practical suit with a bit of CGI touch-up.

Thing is, it's not like his (ugly-ass) Justice League design is the only one needed. If they went for something like the one Ivan Reis designed for the Cyborg solo film or even his pre-Flashpoint design, you could do most of it with prosthetics without needing to have him be completely CGI.

The look they went with was probably needlessly expensive in addition to looking like crumpled tin foil.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Thing is, it's not like his (ugly-ass) Justice League design is the only one needed. If they went for something like the one Ivan Reis designed for the Cyborg solo film or even his pre-Flashpoint design, you could do most of it with prosthetics without needing to have him be completely CGI.

The look they went with was probably needlessly expensive in addition to looking like crumpled tin foil.
    My favorite designs. His JL looks like a transformer with a human head, its terrible. Plus its too much CGI going on.

The Ivan Reis design wasn’t just the best Cyborg look it was one of the coolest character designs I’d seen in a long while. So of course DC trashed it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wasn't in love with Miller's Flash, but it's sad to see these actors just petering out. I wonder how long before we see another Justice League movie. I love Gal and Momoa was well received but maybe I’d rather they finish their movies before a reboot, instead of a half-assed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I wasn't in love with Miller's Flash, but it's sad to see these actors just petering out. I wonder how long before we see another Justice League movie. I love Gal and Momoa was well received but maybe I’d rather they finish their movies before a reboot, instead of a half-assed one.
    I think we're definitely not going to see another Justice League movie for quite a few years.

There are a few factors that I think need to be met:

- WB has well-received and strong versions of the Big Seven established in solo movies.

- The WB/DC brand has improved in the eyes of moviegoers.

- They're not desperate to do a team-up movie and just feel there's a benefit to it creatively.

King's work on Mister Miracle and the New Gods is the one thing about his recent DC work that everyone seems to love. It's hard not to get excited by this.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Hey ⁦@TomKingTK⁩. Ready to write NEW GODS, buddy? A. ✨✨✨
    https://twitter.com/ava/status/1133872711200063488

Ava just tweeted what seems to be confirmation to the news she and King are writing New Gods.

This is great news. Funny, I was just thinking about how Omega Men would make an amazing political sci-fi thriller.

Tom king huh? So someone will plan to get married and after 8 movies setting up the wedding they break up!

Holy shit that’s amazing! No one better to write a script about Mr. Miracle and Barda.

From the creative geniuses behind Heroes in Crisis and A Wrinkle in Time...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Considering the movie was planned to focus on Mr. Miracle and Big Barda, I'm not surprised, but it'll be interesting to see how movie audiences will adapt to King's work.