Page 259 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1592092492552562572582592602612622632693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quite frankly, WB and DC should probably just stop. They can do nothing without people b*tching and complaining and moaning so they should just say "Fine. Then we won't make any of these movies."

"Why do they only make Batman and Superman movies?"
    - "Okay we'll make movies with other heroes."
    "Why are they ignoring Superman!?"

"If they're gonna hire directors for their particular vision then they need to let that director share their vision and not interfere."
    - "Okay, we'll allow the directors to share their vision."
    "We hate this vision!"

They can do nothing. Why bother?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Quite frankly, WB and DC should probably just stop. They can do nothing without people b*tching and complaining and moaning so they should just say "Fine. Then we won't make any of these movies."

"Why do they only make Batman and Superman movies?"
    - "Okay we'll make movies with other heroes."
    "Why are they ignoring Superman!?"

"If they're gonna hire directors for their particular vision then they need to let that director share their vision and not interfere."
    - "Okay, we'll allow the directors to share their vision."
    "We hate this vision!"

They want money obviously. Fans complain because this movie verse was handled poorly. And that's on them. Fans have every right to complain.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They want money obviously. Fans complain because this movie verse was handled poorly. And that's on them. Fans have every right to complain.
    And any effort they make to address fan complaints (which I don't think should be necessary...movies shouldn't be made by committee or by fans) they just get more complaints. The movies are doomed before anyone even see a behind the scenes pic and it just gets worse from there.
    If they can't do anything to even try to correct the flaws that some perceive, then what's the point of even trying?
    WB isn't hurting for money. They make other films and do very well. They don't have to make DC movies to make money.

And any effort they make to address fan complaints (which I don't think should be necessary...movies shouldn't be made by committee or by fans) they just get more complaints. The movies are doomed before anyone even see a behind the scenes pic and it just gets worse from there.
    If they can't do anything to even try to correct the flaws that some perceive, then what's the point of even trying?
    WB isn't hurting for money. They make other films and do very well. They don't have to make DC movies to make money.
    You do realize that a DC film has been the highest grossing WB film for 3 years in a row right (BVS, WW, AM) and that trend looks to continue with WW84 in 2020, Batman in 2021...etc. So WB makes a ton of money off DC films, even the critically panned ones.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Lmao you are greatly overstating the impact of people complaining. People will always complain. And this isn’t a charity WB is running, they’re offering a product. Superman fans, myself included, are free to complain but that’s not going to impact anything at WB. If the movies review well critically and make money, more movies will be made. WB has no intention of stopping now, not after Aquaman made a billion.

People claimed WW was going to fail but it succeeded because Patty is a competent director. Shazam was a critical success. Things will be better if WB figures out what it wants to do with the franchise.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't even know how many pages of this very thread were spent explaining how a movie that made money (Shazam) was a total bomb.

Most people on here know more about the movie business that industry insiders, they know how decisions are made and the professional and even personal reasons that those decisions are made, they know more than studios, accountants, directors, actors...
    It's actually confusing why they aren't out making successful films based on these properties rather than sitting at home complaining about them on a message board.

God this thread is depressing. I'm looking forward to WW84, Aquaman 2, BoP, and Joker. Fudge a bunch of negative Nancy's worried over continuity and whether the shared DCEU will still be a thing and why they won't see any more movies, I've enjoyed every non-Snyder movie immensely (and honestly even the Snyder ones are guilty pleasures for me), WW and Aquaman have done extremely well, Shazam was fun, and Joker looks freaking amazing to me. Forget a bunch of fanboy complaining, there might be some stuff I'd wish they'd do (reboot Superman movie please), but I'll enjoy what they put out that's enjoyable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    You do realize that a DC film has been the highest grossing WB film for 3 years in a row right (BVS, WW, AM) and that trend looks to continue with WW84 in 2020, Batman in 2021...etc. So WB makes a ton of money off DC films, even the critically panned ones.
    I didn't say they didn't. I said that they do well even without DC films. They don't have to make them to be successful.

I didn't say they didn't. I said that they do well even without DC films. They don't have to make them to be successful.
    Oh please, you think a corporation like WB or ATT is going to walk away from the money making potential of Superheroes? Nothing makes as much money as consistently as superheroes do right now. They’re not giving that up, not while they’re still putting out billion dollar hits.

Retired

I don't think the negativity from fandom really hurts the movies unless the mainstream media catches hold of that negativity and there's a megaphone effect.

The negative posting on this message board does get to be a drag. One negative post should be enough--but posters seem to think they have to keep sounding the same alarm over and over again, as if we didn't hear them the first time. It's driven me away from a lot of threads.

Damn, how can you guys reach the keyboard from all the way up there on your high horse

If you’re a fan of a baseball team you can still get pissed at the decisions made by the front office. My favorite character is being mishandled, so yeah it angers me. But I shouldn’t have said I have zero excitement. I’m still very much looking forward to James Gunn’s Suicide Squad and The New Gods written by King.

So they can make money? The whole reason they make these movies in the first place.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The new poster is sooooooo sooooooo good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Wow, first Sony skips E3 now WB is skipping Comic-Con ugh
    I wonder why.

I mean, I doubt Pattinson had anything to do with it, since honestly his casting feels less controversial then when they cast Affleck, at least from what I've seen.

I remember a rumor about DC possibly doing their own specific convention so I wonder if that might be part of this?
    Groovy .

I wonder if the more armored up look is a direct counter to Cheetah?

Ultimate Member

Because they want money and should understand what the heck VARIETY means.

Also when you hear fans complain-WHAT are they complaining about? Is it relevant?
    Let me give you an example-a guy predicted TRASHED the heck out Star War Last Jedi. Compared it to Transformers the movie (1986 version) with claims that the toy line flopped as did the cartoon.
    He trashed Black Panther too and got REAL personal in insulting Ryan Coolger and his family. He said this movie was the one that would KILL Marvel films and put Disney out of business.
    He trashed Marvel books too with the claim a low selling book about a Zombie was SUPERIOR to every single book Marvel has made in the last 22 years. Along with very disrespectful comments to female employees of Marvel and later Dynamite Comics.

How many videos on youtube did he make for the above? 30+. Now you would THINK he saw those films or READ those books.

He never saw the films.
    He has not read a Marvel or DC book in the last 25 years.
    His commentary is based on HEARSAY from certain factions.

This is why studios tend to IGNORE complaining. Because the main ones who CRY don't read nor watch the stuff they are throwing fits about.

DC's issue is they wanted everyone in the depressed Batman universe and that does not work with everybody.
    Sure you get folks asking WHY Is there a Shazam movie? Because you want all the folks who don't CARE to see a Batman or Superman movie a choice.

It's NOT by accident Aquaman made a billion. He got fans who don't read comics.
    It's not by accident Black Panther made money and the after shock is still strong. Black Panther opened a LOT of doors that many did not know was closed.

Carol Danvers has 1000+ youtube videos bashing her-still did not stop her from making a billion.

You don't stop trying because of a few complainers.

As for Shazam "flopping" world wide box office says otherwise.

Maybe it didn't do well because of MARKETING? I didn't know about the other members of the family until I saw the toys. I thought it was only about him.

And WHEN did it come out? After Carol and before Endgame???? Baseball season starting up? NCAA tourney?