Page 260 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1602102502562572582592602612622632642703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because they want money and should understand what the heck VARIETY means.
    They do understand what variety means. More than most people give them credit for.

Also when you hear fans complain-WHAT are they complaining about? Is it relevant?
    I’d say a bunch of people whining that a character who already has had six live action films is not relevant at all.

Let me give you an example-a guy predicted TRASHED the heck out Star War Last Jedi. Compared it to Transformers the movie (1986 version) with claims that the toy line flopped as did the cartoon.
    He trashed Black Panther too and got REAL personal in insulting Ryan Coolger and his family. He said this movie was the one that would KILL Marvel films and put Disney out of business.
    He trashed Marvel books too with the claim a low selling book about a Zombie was SUPERIOR to every single book Marvel has made in the last 22 years. Along with very disrespectful comments to female employees of Marvel and later Dynamite Comics.

How many videos on youtube did he make for the above? 30+. Now you would THINK he saw those films or READ those books.

He never saw the films.
    He has not read a Marvel or DC book in the last 25 years.
    His commentary is based on HEARSAY from certain factions.

This is why studios tend to IGNORE complaining. Because the main ones who CRY don't read nor watch the stuff they are throwing fits about.
    Look very carefully at the anti-DCEU crown and you’ll see very similar behavior.
    People calling for Snyder to be sued by the Reeves estate.
    A petition to have Snyder and Affleck removed from BvS before the film came out.
    People declaring that WW and AM would flop.
    Misogynistic slurs and body shaming comments directed towards Gal Gadot and Amy Addams.
    Accusations of sexism because WB wanted a female director for WW and the all women screenings of the film.
    Insults directed towards Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Ella Jay Basco.

DC's issue is they wanted everyone in the depressed Batman universe and that does not work with everybody.
    And if anyone actually paid attention to the films, they’d see very few characters were actually depressed but I guess hyperbole is still the better argument for some people.

Sure you get folks asking WHY Is there a Shazam movie? Because you want all the folks who don't CARE to see a Batman or Superman movie a choice.

It's NOT by accident Aquaman made a billion. He got fans who don't read comics.
    Which has been what WB has been trying to do since the DCEU started. Take a look at this board and you’ll see the majority of the complaints coming from comic fans.

It's not by accident Black Panther made money and the after shock is still strong. Black Panther opened a LOT of doors that many did not know was closed.

Carol Danvers has 1000+ youtube videos bashing her-still did not stop her from making a billion.

You don't stop trying because of a few complainers.
    Well according to these complainers every single DCEU movie has been a flop, Superman is ruined forever, Shazam is a failure, no one likes the DCEU and whole bunch of other stupid complaints that are far from reality if you don’t live in a comic book forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn, how can you guys reach the keyboard from all the way up there on your high horse

If you’re a fan of a baseball team you can still get pissed at the decisions made by the front office. My favorite character is being mishandled, so yeah it angers me. But I shouldn’t have said I have zero excitement. I’m still very much looking forward to James Gunn’s Suicide Squad and The New Gods written by King.
    If it pisses you off that much, that's probably a sign to get a new hobby.

Some people don't see any productivity in perpetual anger. If that's a high horse, then I'll ride it off to the sun set.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If it pisses you off that much, that's probably a sign to get a new hobby.

Some people don't see any productivity in perpetual anger. If that's a high horse, then I'll ride it off to the sun set.
    Complete and utter bull$&%#. I’ve seen you rail away at the handling of many characters. If you’re calling out someone for complaining that’s very hypocritical.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder why.
    https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...64230276370432

I mean, I doubt Pattinson had anything to do with it, since honestly his casting feels less controversial then when they cast Affleck, at least from what I've seen.

I remember a rumor about DC possibly doing their own specific convention so I wonder if that might be part of this?
    Yeah, WB/DC will have their own combined booth this year: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...-san-diego-com

Complete and utter bull$&%#. I’ve seen you rail away at the handling of many characters. If you’re calling out someone for complaining that’s very hypocritical.
    Yeah and I've been called out on it when people thought I went too far as well. I've been trying as of late to be a lot less toxic when I complain about characters being mishandled and avoid filling entire pages with nothing but angry rants.

I've also seen you dismiss other posters' complaints about characters they like being mishandled.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-06-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah and I've been called out on it when people thought I went too far as well. I've been trying as of late to be a lot less toxic when I complain about characters being mishandled and avoid filling entire pages with nothing but angry rants.

I've also seen you dismiss other posters' complaints about characters they like being mishandled.
    You’re a long time poster like me and I respect the hell out of you. I don’t want to be considered toxic. When our favorite characters get mistreated in our minds we react. Like you I’m gong to continue to be passionate about my favorite DC characters. So as long as Superman is disrespected I’m going to be a curmudgeon.

You’re a long time poster like me and I respect the hell out of you. I don’t want to be considered toxic. When our favorite characters get mistreated in our minds we react. Like you I’m gong to continue to be passionate about my favorite DC characters. So as long as Superman is disrespected I’m going to be a curmudgeon.
    Very well then. I too respect you and understand that you find things frustrating. Personally, I don't think Superman has been as badly handled as many say and has weathered through worse.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-06-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao you are greatly overstating the impact of people complaining. People will always complain. And this isn’t a charity WB is running, they’re offering a product. Superman fans, myself included, are free to complain but that’s not going to impact anything at WB. If the movies review well critically and make money, more movies will be made. WB has no intention of stopping now, not after Aquaman made a billion.

People claimed WW was going to fail but it succeeded because Patty is a competent director. Shazam was a critical success. Things will be better if WB figures out what it wants to do with the franchise.
    With which franchise? There are multiple franchises at DC.
    If you're looking for DC to replicate Marvel's long-form storytelling, forget it. It was never in the offing. The DCEU, while a universe, has multiple, often unrelated stories to tell. Frankly, I don't want to spend another decade slouching toward Bethlehem's new big bad. I'm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As someone who enjoys those conventions, that's a bit of a bummer .
    Yeah, WB/DC will have their own combined booth this year: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...-san-diego-com
    Ah, okay. So they'll at least have some presence .

The Wonder Woman poster came out yesterday, and it's left me wondering what's gonna happen to WonderBat as the movies were the only place I could see them together ever since Justice League Unlimited

Not to mention all the news of Pattinson's and Reeves' Batman being its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The Wonder Woman poster came out yesterday, and it's left me wondering what's gonna happen to WonderBat as the movies were the only place I could see them together ever since Justice League Unlimited

Not to mention all the news of Pattinson's and Reeves' Batman being its own thing.
    I never saw WonderBat as happening in the movies too be honest.

Of course not. It was just some fan service. Diana has her own mythos, she doesn't need to be Batman's gf too. Maybe in the comics but live action? Nah.

That's unfortunate, I was excited for the possibility.

Apparently, BoP will have the lowest budget of the DC movies : https://screenrant.com/birds-prey-mo...eu-comparison/

I just hope that a good portion of it will be allowed to go to the fight scenes. Shazam's real lack of epicness, even in the form of a singular epic brawl, was the sole true weakness of this movie, and with Cass Cain here, there is to be epic fights.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, BoP will have the lowest budget of the DC movies : https://screenrant.com/birds-prey-mo...eu-comparison/

I just hope that a good portion of it will be allowed to go to the fight scenes. Shazam's real lack of epicness, even in the form of a singular epic brawl, was the sole true weakness of this movie, and with Cass Cain here, there is to be epic fights.
    There was talks of Cass not being anything like her comic self so we'll see on that but Dinah's scream should be the only expensive vfx. Hopefully the fight are badass and well done.