Page 263 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1632132532592602612622632642652662672733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 20948
    Retired

It seems like a strategy of giving enough rope to hang yourself. They let Ben Affleck do his own Batman movie treatment and then when that doesn't work, it's much easier to let him go over creative differences. Do the same with Ezra Miller. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Cavill and Ray Fisher had worked on their own screenplays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, he wants a "darker" Flash. Because (1.) that's totally what Flash should be, and (2.) of course "dark" superheroes have been such a winning strategy for WB so far, right?
    Does he really want a darker Flash, or does he want a darker Flash movie? Because the two are not the same thing. JL: Flashpoint Paradox for example was an incredibly dark movie, but Flash himself was not. Never mind that "dark" is a pretty loaded word these days that doesn't always mean the same thing in every context. You have dark as in "hopeless, somber, morose, generally moody" as in the Snyder helmed DC films, dark as in "like really, really violent" like the generally funny and upbeat Deadpool movies, and then you have dark as in "more mature, less silly than your standard MCU movie" like...well I can't really provide a superhero film recently that went with that approach, but I do know that some people use dark as a shorthand for more serious or grounded, and not necessarily like we use the word dark as in "grimdark and gritty/edgy." So depending on which version of darker Miller is using here it might not be a bad thing at all.

I'm no Flash expert at all. I don't even know why there are so many Flashes out there.. but ever since the animated shows/ movies and the new TV show, the Flash really seems like a funny and charming youngish guy to me. He has more in common with Superman in terms of personality than Batman. He has drama in his life, but he always finds a way to cheer himself up.

I'm sure general audiences are a lot like me, so Ezra Miller Flash was not that different to what they know of the character. He was a rookie superhero, and I think it worked for the JL film. He is my lil 9-y-o niece favorite after watching JL. I think the first Flash movie should be a balance of light and dark and a crowd pleaser. A well written and directed one.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 06-08-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I mean, they’re only ditching Ezra because he won’t play ball with their and the directors vision of Flash. What we saw in JL was what execs and likely what the directors of Flash envision for the character. Why do you think they went with comedy directors?
    I think a lot of the personality of Flash in JL was catering or playing towards Miller playing him, so I'd imagine a different actor would probably come off differently then just aping what Miller did.

Are those directors even still on the movie at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Does he really want a darker Flash, or does he want a darker Flash movie? Because the two are not the same thing. JL: Flashpoint Paradox for example was an incredibly dark movie, but Flash himself was not. Never mind that "dark" is a pretty loaded word these days that doesn't always mean the same thing in every context. You have dark as in "hopeless, somber, morose, generally moody" as in the Snyder helmed DC films, dark as in "like really, really violent" like the generally funny and upbeat Deadpool movies, and then you have dark as in "more mature, less silly than your standard MCU movie" like...well I can't really provide a superhero film recently that went with that approach, but I do know that some people use dark as a shorthand for more serious or grounded, and not necessarily like we use the word dark as in "grimdark and gritty/edgy." So depending on which version of darker Miller is using here it might not be a bad thing at all.
    I think something like Flashpoint Paradaox would be a bad choice to base off a proper Flash movie.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

In regards to reviving DC on the film side in the wake of Batman vs. Superman and Justice League, Emmerich said that the trick is putting the IP in the hands of filmmakers’ visions, which is the overall creed of Warner Bros. They’re a filmmaker-driven studio.

“Great directors are the lifeblood of a studio,” said Emmerich “but they need great producers” to great cheers.

He hinted that Warner Bros. would return with its DC feature slate at San Diego Comic-Con 2020 (they’re sitting out and sending New Line’s It: Chapter 2 instead). Essentially, with three DC pics on the horizon — Todd Phillips’ R-rated Joker during the first weekend of October, Birds of Prey on Feb. 7 and Wonder Woman 1984 on June 5, 2020, they’re not ready to pop materials just yet on those movies.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/warner-...ra-1202629538/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think something like Flashpoint Paradaox would be a bad choice to base off a proper Flash movie.
    I wasn't saying it should be at all, I was pointing out that even in a movie as dark as that Flash wasn't a dark character. It was part of my argument that there's a difference between wanting a dark Flash movie and a dark Flash, and I was curious which one they thought Miller was pushing for.

It was rumored that Ezra and Morrison script was based on the Black Flash arc by Morrison/Millar. Ezra was even spotted with the collection of the arc.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-08-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was rumored that Ezra and Morrison script was based on the Black Flash arc by Morrison/Millar. Ezra was even spotted with the collection of the arc.
    I'm not up on Flash arcs, so you'd have to explain this story for me to get what this entails via what the movie/character would be like here.

I'm not up on Flash arcs, so you'd have to explain this story for me to get what this entails via what the movie/character would be like here.
    You can read a summary of it on Wikipedia to get an idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Flash

I wouldn't be surprised to see them use a Wally storyline .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You can read a summary of it on Wikipedia to get an idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Flash
    Wiki seems to go less into a specific arc and more general history of the character. I don't know, seems like the Black Flash might be a cool enemy or element of a Flash movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them use a Wally storyline .
    Wally has more modern storylines to draw inspiration from.

Wiki seems to go less into a specific arc and more general history of the character.
    That part below is the Morrison/Millar arc.

"It came for Wally West to draw back to the Speed Force, but instead took Linda Park. Having seen portents of Wally's death, Max Mercury and Jesse Quick intercepted Wally before reaching the museum where Linda was waiting, with Linda thus being struck by the lightning that was meant to kill Wally. It later returns to try to take Wally again, freezing time except for those who possess a connection to the Speed Force. Max Mercury, Jay Garrick, and Jesse Quick all attempt to assist Wally by distracting the Black Flash; Wally finally defeats the Black Flash by racing the creature to the end of time, to a point where Death would have no meaning, causing the creature to dissipate."

I don't know, seems like the Black Flash might be a cool enemy or element of a Flash movie?
    I think so.

Exclusive: director Matt Reeves has four members of his Rogues Gallery for ‘The Batman’ lined up!

First up is The Riddler, likely the main villain, who will be “a criminal mastermind in Gotham City who takes delight in incorporating riddles and puzzles into his schemes, leaving them as clues for the authorities to solve.” Reeves is seeking a male actor of any ethnicity between the ages of 30 and 40.

Next up The Penguin, a “Gotham City mobster.” He is a “short, obese man with a long nose, and he uses high-tech umbrellas as weapons.” Reeves is searching for a male actor of any ethnicity between the ages of 20 and 40.

Catwoman will also be in the film, as a “Gotham City burglar” who “wears a tight one piece outfit and uses a bullwhip for a weapon.” Reeves wants an actress of any ethnicity between the ages of 20 and 30.

Another villain that will show up is “a professional arsonist known as the “Firefly”.” He “attempts to burn all the places that he lacked the privilege to go as an orphan child.” Reeves is searching for a male actor of any ethnicity between the ages of 20 and 30.
    https://thegww.com/exclusive-matt-re...man-confirmed/

BANNED

3 or 4 villains makes me wonder if the movie is going to be disparate yet connected stories that are simply highlighting Bruce Wayne's career as Batman and not having one streamlined story.

side note, that idea for Firefly is from his appearance in Knightfall (Tec #661)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    3 or 4 villains makes me wonder if the movie is going to be disparate yet connected stories that are simply highlighting Bruce Wayne's career as Batman and not having one streamlined story.

side note, that idea for Firefly is from his appearance in Knightfall (Tec #661)
    That would be awesome.