Page 281 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1812312712772782792802812822832842852913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 20948

I would prefer an actual redhair, but I think she's do a fine Batgirl, that's for sure.

Thats site seems suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    1. Renee Montoya is a Gotham cop and we've seen her give chase to Harley.

2. Harley ends up with the Squad again. I'm betting a deal is made that if Canary and Huntress help with Cassie, Harley will turn herself in.

3. We, this, have a bare bones BOP: two classic members, and then Harley, Renee, and Cassie.
    Don't you mean Cass? When you say Cassie, I think Wonder Girl .
    Has anyone seen the rumors that Daisy Ridley is a top choice for Batgirl?
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...idley-batgirl/
    That seems more like fan-casting at this point. I'll believe it when a major news outlet reports on it.

Has anyone seen the rumors that Daisy Ridley is a top choice for Batgirl?
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...idley-batgirl/
    We Got This Covered is not credible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We Got This Covered is not credible at all.
    I don't know about the site, but John Campea recently stated that his sources acknowledged that talks between WB and Ridley's reps regarding Batgirl did occur.

Verified sources claiming that Birds of Prey is amazing: https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/...76397221449728

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Verified sources claiming that Birds of Prey is amazing: https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/...76397221449728

Man, wish WB/DC was coming to Comic Con this year.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Then, you may not have seen or read that much superman content then. I am sorry. But, i tend to skip snyder superman discussions because its futile. But i hate and disagree with this notion that snyder made superman relatable, deep or great. Because its a fucking joke. Superman was great wayyyyyy before snyder graced us with his "vision".
    I don't care, if you guys want to discuss snyder. I hate name calling,which sucks. But, this notion that snyder brought back a golden age for superman is false. Superman is struggling much more than ever before. So bringing or starting this false narrative is ignorant. It's gonna take much more than snyder "vision" to change what people think of the character. Which has been for last few decades been that he is boring, doesn't work for his powers, doesn't have struggles/too op and is unrelatable. None of this is actually true. Atleast not for me and people who actually read any superman.
    "does world need superman?" is not some "never been done before" thing with superman. It has been done before, to death i might add.
    I may not follow the Superman mythos as "religiously" as I do the X-mythos (though my my faith was shaken to its foundation by the time Bendis took over the franchise and completely ruined it, thankfully, Hickman may finally backtrack that), but I'm well familiar with it, having read and watched plenty of material. No one said his take is the resurrection of the golden age, you're projecting, I actually started commenting in this thread with the reasons why I think it isn't. But trying to suggest the things he did with Superman are out of touch is laughable at best, inadequate at worst. There were some really inspired aspects, and some that could've been improved or done differently. Still, it's an interesting take with lots of ideas to consider. Which is more than Superman Returns or an uninspired Rebirth comics could ever offer. And yes, Superman is still struggling for relevance, so reimagination has to take place. Funnily enough, I think having Snyder's ideas with the lesser introverted slightly more classic characterization is the way to go. But having him safe from tough decisions and situations, forcing the narrative to help him look good no matter what, isn't it. I mean, it may work in this current age of denial. But he will struggle with relevance really soon, again. That's how I see that.

Netflix has ordered The Sandman TV show.
    It's reported to be DC's most expensive show ever.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1220761

Retired

Since SANDMAN needs at least as many seasons as GAME OF THRONES (and GOT still didn't get enough) to do the story justice, I'd probably be happier with HBO than Netflix. As they discussed recently on Screen Junkies News, there's no incentive for Netflix to continue past three seasons--so I wonder if that's all we'll get for SANDMAN (or even less).

Goyer... Poor Morpheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Goyer... Poor Morpheus.

I mean, Allan Heinberg is attached as showrunner and wrote the screenplay for Wonder Woman, and Gaiman is involved as well, so I'm not particularly worried.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    I may not follow the Superman mythos as "religiously" as I do the X-mythos (though my my faith was shaken to its foundation by the time Bendis took over the franchise and completely ruined it, thankfully, Hickman may finally backtrack that), but I'm well familiar with it, having read and watched plenty of material. No one said his take is the resurrection of the golden age, you're projecting, I actually started commenting in this thread with the reasons why I think it isn't. But trying to suggest the things he did with Superman are out of touch is laughable at best, inadequate at worst. There were some really inspired aspects, and some that could've been improved or done differently. Still, it's an interesting take with lots of ideas to consider. Which is more than Superman Returns or an uninspired Rebirth comics could ever offer. And yes, Superman is still struggling for relevance, so reimagination has to take place. Funnily enough, I think having Snyder's ideas with the lesser introverted slightly more classic characterization is the way to go. But having him safe from tough decisions and situations, forcing the narrative to help him look good no matter what, isn't it. I mean, it may work in this current age of denial. But he will struggle with relevance really soon, again. That's how I see that.
    Anything that is good from snyder came from earth one and other comics. He didn't do anything that hasn't been done with superman before. That was what i was saying.snyder's "vision" didn't make superman anymore relatable or relevant than he was before.since he didn't do anything original. Anything,of his own, like pa kent death was straight up controversial.
    Rebirth, didn't make tall claims that it made superman relatable or exciting or great suddenly. It was never about that. Rebirth gave for the first time in his life something personal to fight for. Something he always wanted. A family. A son. Please!! Rebirth supermen made the plenty questionable decisions like him allowing his son to be a superhero(even though he didn't have much of a choice), him storing prisoner in fortress.. Etc. I might add rebirth superman is more relatable than man of steel one and without all the monotonous nonsense.
    I repeat, snyder didn't reimagine anything. He just used what came before. He didn't do anything original. So, people claiming snyder made of something that 80 years of superman writers haven't is false and arrogant.
    I only jumped into this discussion because of that. I liked man of steel, but hated bvs. But, i hate this notion that snyder's vision is the "be all and end all" of superman or he did something magical so that haters can relate to superman suddenly .i can't understand that, i never will.
    And i believe, that people are clamouring for a true blue superman for once. Not a, so called "reimagining". Don't make tall claims about the character or expect something that is clearly not possible. If they couldn't write a story like that,then should have straight up adaptated a story . Adapt, birthright or secret origins or anything really. It's not like superman doesn't have an orgin story. He has too many to count.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-30-2019 at 09:28 PM.

BANNED

Netflix has ordered The Sandman TV show.
    It's reported to be DC's most expensive show ever.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1220761
    Finally. we'll see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Its time for the haters to apologize!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut