Page 282 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

EXCLUSIVE: Vanessa Kirby On Matt Reeves’ Radar For Catwoman In ‘The Batman’: https://thegww.com/exclusive-vanessa...in-the-batman/

Rumor about the Supergirl film.

I’ve heard there is a place for Superman but it will be up to the director and likely won’t be Cavill
    https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...84200997285890

Retired

The obvious place for Superman is as baby Kal-El. This makes the most sense for me given what's been said about the Supergirl movie--that it will take place in the past (1980s?). So when she arrives on Earth, either Kal-El hasn't gotten there yet or he's just a baby. The only other way to bring Superman in would likely be an end credit sequence where it flashes forward to present day and Kal-El, now as Superman.

I don't like the idea of a Supergirl origin without Superman, but if we have to have that, then at least having baby Kal-El would make it almost okay. Not having Superman at all connected to Supergirl in the movie would be like a Catwoman origin without any connection to Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Vanessa Kirby On Matt Reeves’ Radar For Catwoman In ‘The Batman’: https://thegww.com/exclusive-vanessa...in-the-batman/
    Hmm...I can see her fitting the role, although I wonder if she'd dye her hair to Selina's traditional jet black hair?

Or we could get another blonde Catwoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The obvious place for Superman is as baby Kal-El. This makes the most sense for me given what's been said about the Supergirl movie--that it will take place in the past (1980s?). So when she arrives on Earth, either Kal-El hasn't gotten there yet or he's just a baby. The only other way to bring Superman in would likely be an end credit sequence where it flashes forward to present day and Kal-El, now as Superman.

I don't like the idea of a Supergirl origin without Superman, but if we have to have that, then at least having baby Kal-El would make it almost okay. Not having Superman at all connected to Supergirl in the movie would be like a Catwoman origin without any connection to Bruce Wayne.
    I really have to keep asking myself why seemingly every female Superhero film has to be a period piece.

I wish people would stop posting rumors from those clickbait "scoopers". Even if they do get something right, in the end it's little more than clickbait. Let's wait for official information instead of giving those guys the clicks they so desperately crave.

Ultimate Member

If Vanessa Kirby is up for the role, then I'd love that choice. She's a great actress and stuff like the last Mission Impossible film and (seemingly) Hobbs & Shaw, show that she can play both a convincing badass and femme fatale.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish people would stop posting rumors from those clickbait "scoopers". Even if they do get something right, in the end it's little more than clickbait. Let's wait for official information instead of giving those guys the clicks they so desperately crave.
    I don't mind so long as the rumour are fun.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really have to keep asking myself why seemingly every female Superhero film has to be a period piece.
    BoP isn't and the third WW movie won't be from what we've heard.

They were also originally looking at Kirby for Black Canary and I'm SO glad they went with Jurnee Smollett-Bell. Kirby didn't fit the part but she fits Selina, so that one is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    BoP isn't and the third WW movie won't be from what we've heard.
    Granted, BoP is a team movie and the third WW is a ways off, but I get what you're saying.

All the same it just seems weird that seemingly every female Superhero solo movie has to take place in a past year.
    They were also originally looking at Kirby for Black Canary and I'm SO glad they went with Jurnee Smollett-Bell. Kirby didn't fit the part but she fits Selina, so that one is fine.
    I haven't really watched Kirby in much but if she bulked up a little I could have seen her as Dinah.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    THANK YOU. lol so irritating...they always say EXCLUSIVE! and then you read the article and there's never an exclusive tidbit. "I've been told" is not a confirmation. Unless it comes from Variety or the Hollywood Reporter, forget about it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't mind so long as the rumour are fun.

The problem is the clickbait links are rarely posted as rumor. People just throw them out there, so it reads "Exclusive!" to everyone who sees the post.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    THANK YOU. lol so irritating...they always say EXCLUSIVE! and then you read the article and there's never an exclusive tidbit. "I've been told" is not a confirmation. Unless it comes from Variety or the Hollywood Reporter, forget about it.
    Yep, or "plans are always subjected to change." lol I get the clickbait nature of the blogosphere, but it never stops irritating me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, BoP is a team movie and the third WW is a ways off, but I get what you're saying.

All the same it just seems weird that seemingly every female Superhero solo movie has to take place in a past year.

I haven't really watched Kirby in much but if she bulked up a little I could have seen her as Dinah.
    It is weird the number of period pieces for the women.

For me, personally, Kirby isn't pretty enough for Dinah but Black Canary is my favorite superhero hero, so, like I said, that's personal. The main thing for me is that she has an "icy" quality that works for Selina but not Dinah.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    For me, personally, Kirby isn't pretty enough for Dinah but Black Canary is my favorite superhero hero, so, like I said, that's personal. The main thing for me is that she has an "icy" quality that works for Selina but not Dinah.
    Well, if she's playing Catwoman, then I think she's pretty enough for Dinah .

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1216021

Andy Muschetti of It Chapter 1 + 2 fame is now in talks to direct The Flash, as Jonathan Goldstein and John F. Daley are moving off the project. Ezra Miller remains attached as The Flash, but the studio is hiring Christina Hodson to write a new script instead of using the Miller-Morrison script.
    The two sides have been working on compromises since last year, but Miller then made the unusual move to take it upon himself to pen his own script, enlisting the aid of comics superstar Morrison. That script was submitted to the studio in March. By May the studio rejected his approach but concluded that Miller should still remain the Scarlet Speedster.

Muschietti hails from the horror world and made his feature debut with Mama, the 2013 thriller that starred Jessica Chastain. His adaptation of It, released in 2017, was a critical and commercial hit, making over $700 million worldwide. Warners is high on the sequel, with the title being the only movie the studio will be showcasing at 2019’s San Diego Comic Con. With Muschietti being chosen for Flash, the studio is clearly pleased with the filmmaker, too.

If a deal is made, Muschietti will be the latest horror filmmaker to cross over to directing a DC movie after going through the trenches of sister division, New Line. James Wan directed Aquaman, a billion dollar hit, while David Sandberg, who directed Annabelle: Creation and Lights Out, made the most recent DC hit, Shazam! Jaume Collet-Serra, who got his start with movies such as House of Wax and Orphan, is attached to helm Black Adam.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.