Page 288 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1882382782842852862872882892902912922983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 20948
    Retired

Isn't it kind of obvious what Elseworlds means? When DC put out the first comic with that name, I don't think they had to explain. It's a simple portmanteau word. You take elsewhere. You take take worlds. There you got elseworlds. It's not rocket science.

But the more important thing is that if they put a label--really any label would do--in front of the movie in the advertising it's like a blinking amber sign that tells people that this is something else. And then they don't have to do as much dancing around to explain to people that it's outside the regular continuity.

Also people have these things called smart phones. I don't, but other people do and I understand they use them to control their lives. So all you gotta do is enter elseworlds in your phone or even just take a picture of the logo and the phone will tell you what it is. Crazy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Isn't it kind of obvious what Elseworlds means? When DC put out the first comic with that name, I don't think they had to explain. It's a simple portmanteau word. You take elsewhere. You take take worlds. There you got elseworlds. It's not rocket science.

But the more important thing is that if they put a label--really any label would do--in front of the movie in the advertising it's like a blinking amber sign that tells people that this is something else. And then they don't have to do as much dancing around to explain to people that it's outside the regular continuity.

Also people have these things called smart phones. I don't, but other people do and I understand they use them to control their lives. So all you gotta do is enter elseworlds in your phone or even just take a picture of the logo and the phone will tell you what it is. Crazy.
    You give people far to much credit if you think they’ll the 5 seconds necessary to google what it means instead of just asking the same question over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    You're being naive. He's clearly holding out hope that his cut can be released, and in posting pictures (unsolicited sometimes), he's trying to build public will for the version of his film. In turn, continues the mixed coverage about the movie-verse that we all hope gains stronger footing, clearer direction and more films.
    And who's making these people cover these images?

Creators do this type of thing all the time. Snyder isn't the only one who's shared dropped ideas. If you don't like it, ignore it. I didn't care for Garth Ennis' The Boys and have avoided pretty much every discussion of the t.v adaptation. I find I'm quite happy for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And who's making these people cover these images?

Creators do this type of thing all the time. Snyder isn't the only one who's shared dropped ideas. If you don't like it, ignore it. I didn't care for Garth Ennis' The Boys and have avoided pretty much every discussion of the t.v adaptation. I find I'm quite happy for doing so.
    This is where I sit on the subject as well. Besides, Snyder's an artist...you can like his art or dislike his art, but he's an artist all the same and what artist doesn't want people to see what they created?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Storm Reid will be playing the daughter of Idris Elba's character in the Suicide Squad relaunch.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ba-1203263974/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Storm Reid will be playing the daughter of Idris Elba's character in the Suicide Squad relaunch.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ba-1203263974/
    Are we sure he's not the new Deadshot ?

Fantastic Member

So I'm betting that the first trailer for BoP will be on "The Kitchen"; a crime movie based on a DC comic, starring women, coming out 8/8 (basically 6 months before BoP). Question is, how long before that will they release it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure he's not the new Deadshot ?
    At this point it sounds like they're keeping whatever arc they'd planned for Deadshot despite the name change. I'm honestly interested in which character they rewrote him into. Sportsmaster as rumored? Bronze Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    At this point it sounds like they're keeping whatever arc they'd planned for Deadshot despite the name change. I'm honestly interested in which character they rewrote him into. Sportsmaster as rumored? Bronze Tiger?
    Considering how much Gunn has cited the Ostrander run, I would have to think it's probably Bronze Tiger.

Retired

Obviously he's Charles Miner.

Bronze tiger doesn't have a child so that axes that theory
    Its either sportsmaster or deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Obviously he's Charles Miner.
    His action figure will have "Soccer Kick Action!" when you press a button on the back. The Multiverse figures will have build-a-ball included.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Bronze tiger doesn't have a child so that axes that theory
    Its either sportsmaster or deathstroke
    Just because Bronze Tiger doesn't have a daughter in the comics doesn't mean he can't have one in the film.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just because Bronze Tiger doesn't have a daughter in the comics doesn't mean he can't have one in the film.
    Yeah, it's not like superhero movies (and other adaptations) haven't given a character relatives that don't exist in the mainline comics before. Just look at Sandman in Spider-Man 3 for instance.

Or Iron Man in Endgame for a more recent example (I think - I haven't read much Iron Man).
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Morgan Stark is a character from the comics, just male rather than female and he's Tony's cousin who resents him.

So yes, while it's quite possible for Bronze Tiger to have a daughter, it would still feel very similar, since they already did "the villain who cares about his daughter" aspect with Deadshot.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.