Page 30 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440801305301030 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Brie Larson--Captain Marvel
    Brandon Routh--Superman, the Atom
    Chris Evans--Human Torch, Captain America
    Mae Whitman--Batgirl (voice), and various
    Johnny Simmons--the Spirit (as a young man)

Kieran Kulkin and Aubrey Plaza have come close. Still waiting on Anna Kendrick, Ellen Wong, Alison Pill, Mark Webber and Jason Schwartzman. Their time will come.
    Aubrey Plaza is the villain in Legion. It's tv but close enough.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"From what I understand there is a line in the script that someone mention how no one has seen Batman in Gotham for two years and that's about it. He's probably with The League or maybe they'll answer it in his solo movie somehow"

https://twitter.com/danielrpk/status...03953209135104

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "From what I understand there is a line in the script that someone mention how no one has seen Batman in Gotham for two years and that's about it. He's probably with The League or maybe they'll answer it in his solo movie somehow"

https://twitter.com/danielrpk/status...03953209135104
    It wouldn't be a DC movie without vague continuity .

They probably don't want to do anything that might contradict whatever Matt Reeves is cooking up.

Digital painting of the new Black Canary from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ting_i_did_of/

This definitely looks like Black Canary but somehow I'm not sure if this will translate to film...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This definitely looks like Black Canary but somehow I'm not sure if this will translate to film...
    I really hope she at least has the outfit but somehow I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do that.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Once again I have a difficult time trying to wrap my head around WB’s decisions. The casting makes no sense. As others have stated, DC has so many underused minority superheroes and it is so frustrating that they decide to just change the ethnicity of a white character, continue to ignore DC’s heroes who are POC, and then call it a day.
    If they were dead set on changing a character’s race wouldn’t Huntress make more sense since her ethnicity was kind of ambiguous at the start of the New 52? At least it would have been more in line with the comics. The casting should be swapped. Winstead would have been a way better Dinah than Helena. And it would be better to change Huntress’ ethnicity so people won’t confuse her with the version who is Batman’s daughter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    And it would be better to change Huntress’ ethnicity so people won’t confuse her with the version who is Batman’s daughter.
    I don't think general audience people know there is more than one version. Hell, I'd have to give them credit for knowing there is even one version of Huntress.

If they were dead set on changing a character’s race wouldn’t Huntress make more sense since her ethnicity was kind of ambiguous at the start of the New 52? At least it would have been more in line with the comics. The casting should be swapped. Winstead would have been a way better Dinah than Helena. And it would be better to change Huntress’ ethnicity so people won’t confuse her with the version who is Batman’s daughter.
    To be fair to the people doing the casting, there is a lot more with fitting an actor to a role than the colour of the skin. Black Canar and Huntress have different personalities and styles, and that's arguably far more important to get right than the exact looks.

Is it possible that these two actresses could swap roles? Certainly, but none of us knows that.

Zack Snyder Confirms Batman Died In His Original DCEU Plans: https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-d...ath-confirmed/

Zack Snyder Confirms Batman Died In His Original DCEU Plans: https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-d...ath-confirmed/
    I'll give Snyder this; he has more balls than DC ever really has. Actually killing off Bats isn't even done much in Elseworlds. And the only time it happened in mainstream, was a bluff and Bruce got sent back in time.

But, so early into the League's formation, would have been a bad idea.

Once again I have a difficult time trying to wrap my head around WB’s decisions. The casting makes no sense. As others have stated, DC has so many underused minority superheroes and it is so frustrating that they decide to just change the ethnicity of a white character, continue to ignore DC’s heroes who are POC, and then call it a day.
    Stop making sense.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're not using underused minority superheroes because that's not what DC/WB are prioritizing, whatever their personal bias or business reason are. Since their priority are the white characters, the minority superheroes existence in DCEU would then depend on whether their priority heroes are succesful enough that they can expand. At the same time they also want to be diverse. So they decide the colorize the casting because waiting until minority superheroes got approved will take time.

You're right on Huntress though.

I have severe doubts they even remotely care enough for the Black Canary character to pull that off for the actual movie.