Page 325 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 20948

That is just one of the pictures. He looks different in a lot and like Mena, he is ethnically Egyptian.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member

Deleted reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She has fishnets in the image that was posted. They're just on her arms instead of the legs.
    And as a visual it's just completely different. I didn't like when they did that with Zatanna either.
    As for the leotard, again, that was never going to happen in era where people expect female superheroes' outfits to be more modest.
    I don't think it would be that hard to adapt to look more modestly while still looking like Black Canary. They did it with Wonder Woman, so I don't think Black Canary would be too far out there.

Ironically Harley's most modest outfit ended up being used in one scene as a mythology gag...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Peter Capaldi joins the cast of James Gunn's Suicide Squad.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/suicide...ie-1202709645/
    Well, 9 was Malekith, 10 was the Purple Man...time for 12 to jump ship to DC .

I agree with the idea that they're not against showing some skin in women heroes' costumes (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Mera), but when it comes to leotards/unitards-esq costumes, they're never gonna fly. Too old-timey! The only one I can think of recently was probably Olivia Munn's Psylocke, which looked kinda nice, but that was only because she asked for it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

All acceptable "compromises" with the fishnets look that still communicate "Black Canary".

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I agree with the idea that they're not against showing some skin in women heroes' costumes (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Mera), but when it comes to leotards/unitards-esq costumes, they're never gonna fly. Too old-timey! The only one I can think of recently was probably Olivia Munn's Psylocke, which looked kinda nice, but that was only because she asked for it.
    I mean, Wonder Woman's costume is still leotard/unitard-esque, they just hide it with the battle skirt.

I don't think Canary's costume would look that different from Mera's look depending on how they adapted the fishnets. As Lightning Rider showcases, there are different ways of going about it.

Retired

Supergirl has been wearing hose for the last four seasons of her TV show--although she's switching to leggings in the new season. I think movies can make any kind of material work--they just fake it--they use actual fabrics that work for stunts and then make them look like they're someting else--a bit of stage craft or maybe CGI.

I like it when there's a costume party scene and the character shows up wearing the comic book version of the costume. That's a bit of fan service, without forcing the actor to wear the comic book costume the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Peter Capaldi joins the cast of James Gunn's Suicide Squad.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/suicide...ie-1202709645/
    He mentioned shaving his head for a role recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think it would be that hard to adapt to look more modestly while still looking like Black Canary. They did it with Wonder Woman, so I don't think Black Canary would be too far out there.
    They added a skirt to Diana's look.

Smollet looks to be wearing a combination of blue, black and yellow, all colors featured in BC's outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

All acceptable "compromises" with the fishnets look that still communicate "Black Canary".
    I doubt any of these would look good on film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Supergirl has been wearing hose for the last four seasons of her TV show--although she's switching to leggings in the new season. I think movies can make any kind of material work--they just fake it--they use actual fabrics that work for stunts and then make them look like they're someting else--a bit of stage craft or maybe CGI.

I like it when there's a costume party scene and the character shows up wearing the comic book version of the costume. That's a bit of fan service, without forcing the actor to wear the comic book costume the rest of the time.
    It isn't just the fishnets. It's the combination of the fishnets, high heeled boots and a leotard that rides up while showing too much cleavage. Remember all those (racist and inaccurate) comments about Anna Diop's Starfire looking like prostitute? You'd hear the same for Smollet and they'd be a lot more accurate. There is no way they were going to use Dinah's classic look after all the criticism Harley's outfit got in Suicide Squad.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

They added a skirt to Diana's look.

Smollet looks to be wearing a combination of blue, black and yellow, all colors featured in BC's outfits.

I doubt any of these would look good on film.
    The top and bottom outfits certainly, but the middle one has possibilities.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

The way I see Zatara and Zatanna--and the way I'd like to see them done in movies or TV--is that they're very serious about their stage magic and they never use their actual magic powers in doing a trick on stage. To them, that's cheating, and the real challenge for them is to master the art of stage magic. For their magic acts, they wear the classic magician's outfit. So, on screen, you would see Zatanna wearing her classic costume with the top hat and the fishnets when she's doing her act. Off stage, she would wear regular clothes.

It isn't just the fishnets. It's the combination of the fishnets, high heeled boots and a leotard that rides up while showing too much cleavage. Remember all those (racist and inaccurate) comments about Anna Diop's Starfire looking like prostitute? You'd hear the same for Smollet and they'd be a lot more accurate. There is no way they were going to use Dinah's classic look after all the criticism Harley's outfit got in Suicide Squad.
    Was there a lot of criticism for Harley's outfit? I freaking loved it and thought it fit the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Was there a lot of criticism for Harley's outfit? I freaking loved it and thought it fit the character.
    There's criticism for everything, but I don't think Harley's outfit was in hot water for long since most people liked it. It spawned a whole new style for Harley Quinn completely.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    There's criticism for everything, but I don't think Harley's outfit was in hot water for long since most people liked it. It spawned a whole new style for Harley Quinn completely.
    I didn't think there was much criticism for her outfit, I thought it seemed like most people liked it.

I'm really not feeling her BOP outfit here, but these are just on the set shots so I'm hoping it'll look better in the finished film.