Page 327 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2272773173233243253263273283293303313373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 20948
    Retired

I was happy to see that Capaldi was going to be in SUICIDE SQUAD. But then I saw he was going to shave his head bald and I got depressed. Please, don't do that to the guy--after a certain age, you shave your head at your own peril, because you don't know if it's all going to come back.

They may as well have called it "Birds of Prey: Really a Harley Quinn Movie".

Retired

Are the balloons because this is to be shown before IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    WB owns It so it's just there to make that joke about clowns.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yes, it's exclusive to IT 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Why? Yes, Harley is featured more at the beginning and end because she's the draw for general audiences since they've already seen her on screen and she was popular in Suicide Squad but she, Black Canary and Huntress are each seen 5 times in the teaser...that would be an equal amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Why? Yes, Harley is featured more at the beginning and end because she's the draw for general audiences since they've already seen her on screen and she was popular in Suicide Squad but she, Black Canary and Huntress are each seen 5 times in the teaser...that would be an equal amount.
    I was referring to the full title.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

This still doesn't look like a Birds of Prey movie.

I...guess Huntress has a crossbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

At the very least there should be some amazing action/fight scenes. The movie just has to be ok but the Stahelski additions could make it a success.

Fantastic Member

Huntress has her crossbow, wears purple and black, bares her midriff, wears a mask, is seeking vengeance for her family being murdered by organized crime, Black Canary is a martial artist with a Canary cry (reportedly), has the correct color scheme for Black Canary and wears fishnet, is a singer (yes, they are going with the more recent version), it takes place in Gotham...seems like Birds of Prey to me.

Huntress has her crossbow, wears purple and black, bares her midriff, wears a mask, is seeking vengeance for her family being murdered by organized crime, Black Canary is a martial artist with a Canary cry (reportedly), has the correct color scheme for Black Canary and wears fishnet, is a singer (yes, they are going with the more recent version), it takes place in Gotham...seems like Birds of Prey to me.
    I mean, I could go over how they just have the barest of bare character details in there which isn't enough to make me think this is actually comic-accurate (Huntress working for someone like Black Mask goes completely against her character), or that the costumes just don't convey the same when they're not actual costumes...but then we could be here all day .

Just doesn't look at all like the BoP to me. It seems more like Gotham City Sirens, especially when you're pushing a trio with Harley in it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The thing that worries me about the trailer is that there's barely anything in it. I know it's designed to be a punch-you-in-the-face teaser and nothing more, but no character aside from Harley is actually highlighted in a clear way. I'll wait until later to make broader judgments but it wasn't encouraging.

Fantastic Member

I mean, I could go over how they just have the barest of bare character details in there which isn't enough to make me think this is actually comic-accurate (Huntress working for someone like Black Mask goes completely against her character), or that the costumes just don't convey the same when they're not actual costumes...but then we could be here all day .

Just doesn't look at all like the BoP to me. It seems more like Gotham City Sirens, especially when you're pushing a trio with Harley in it.
    So, a lot to unpack here and I'm fully aware that it's veritably pointless because no one on the internet has ever convinced anyone to see anything from another perspective, but here goes anyway...

1. You said the only thing that seemed like BoP was that Huntress has a crossbow (which I get may have been an exaggeration), but still, I gave you several more things and it's still just "the barest of bare character details". The deeper character elements would mostly deal with personality which, yeah, we don't know yet...cuz we haven't seen the movie or even a real trailer.

2. Huntress being very tunnel visioned in going after the people who killed her family and doing whatever it takes is VERY comic accurate; it's the reason Batman had a problem with her and her methods. And it's very possible that it's a plan...for her to infiltrate and get close to the people who killed her parents. Helena has infiltrated the mafia before posing as one of their own.

3. Not sure how the costuming adds to it seeming like GCS...cuz Catwoman and Poison Ivy don't wear costumes?

4. In the context of the movie they've made it clear that Harley is NOT part of BoP. They are not a trio. She crosses paths with BoP and they end up having a common goal...as happens in comics all the time

Again, I get that this is all pointless; this doesn't seem like BoP to you and isn't going to. Just expressing the other point of view.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So, a lot to unpack here and I'm fully aware that it's veritably pointless because no one on the internet has ever convinced anyone to see anything from another perspective, but here goes anyway...

1. You said the only thing that seemed like BoP was that Huntress has a crossbow (which I get may have been an exaggeration), but still, I gave you several more things and it's still just "the barest of bare character details". The deeper character elements would mostly deal with personality which, yeah, we don't know yet...cuz we haven't seen the movie or even a real trailer.

2. Huntress being very tunnel visioned in going after the people who killed her family and doing whatever it takes is VERY comic accurate; it's the reason Batman had a problem with her and her methods. And it's very possible that it's a plan...for her to infiltrate and get close to the people who killed her parents. Helena has infiltrated the mafia before posing as one of their own.

3. Not sure how the costuming adds to it seeming like GCS...cuz Catwoman and Poison Ivy don't wear costumes?

4. In the context of the movie they've made it clear that Harley is NOT part of BoP. They are not a trio. She crosses paths with BoP and they end up having a common goal...as happens in comics all the time

Again, I get that this is all pointless; this doesn't seem like BoP to you and isn't going to. Just expressing the other point of view.
    They just happen to have common goal where harley will be given center stage, like in the promo.
    I hope atleast in the second movie(lf it happens) harley is not there. Send her off to gcs or something. Her being in this was unwarranted. They could have Batman do a cameo as a draw. Be done with it.

What is a Birds of Prey movie supposed to look like?