Page 329 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2292793193253263273283293303313323333393794298291329 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 20948
    Retired

I doubt that they've decided what the movie will be, which is why the teaser is so cryptic, to the point that you don't even know what Harley is saying (I can't read lips). They'll probably be re-editing this movie in the coming months to make it whatever they think the public wants it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    The actor also choose the script over a solo Harley movie. If she just wanted to make a Harley Quinn movie the option was there.
    The option is still there for it. I wouldn't be surprised if a solo Harley movie happens, and early on there were plans for a solo Harley movie. The original rumors were a SS2 movie, Harley solo movie, and a Harley/Joker movie. The BoP movie spawned from that, which is probably why they want to keep her name in the title. Maybe the Leto Joker mess and the complete reworking of the Batman side of the DCEU might have changed some things, but she is the star of the movie and anything about it being a proper "team up" movie is all lip service, imo. Since it sounds better to try and downplay it instead of saying it is a solo Harley movie in every way but the title.

Like odds are this will be closer to what the Deadpool movies are than what Suicide Squad was like if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Anyone who thinks the BoP movie isn't just a Harley promotion vehicle is fooling themselves. She is the reason the movie exists, her actor chose the script over a Gotham City Sirens one, no other actors come close to approaching her level of stardom, and all promotion and things we've seen has been built around Harley. Even the fucking title of the movie has Harley's name in it. This is basic common sense stuff. I don't get why people act like this isn't going to be the case.

It is the equivalent of a Mission Impossible movie which is a Tom Cruise vehicle instead of a proper team up movie.
    I'm kind of surprised she didn't go for Gotham City Sirens given the approach they're going for with this movie.

I mean, heck, Catwoman + Black Mask even...

Fantastic Member

Everyone who has actually seen the film has said opposite and that she is not the lead, so I'll just take their word for it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also, the Ant-Man movies absolutely used the more popular Marvel characters in the marketing, even if the weren't actually in the film.

I didn't say a thing about antman and wasp. Besides, there were people asking where antman was in infinity war. So it was just reactionary marketing.
    A couple of posters that has antman in focus with items is not the same as putting a "commodity" in front and center shoving the main cast away.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Ironman, Groot and Loki weren't costarring in the Ant-Man movie. But Spiderman, one of the most popular pop culture characters in the world, who had already been established in Civil War...yeah, they still used Tony Stark in the promotion for that movie.

You're right, why use the popular established character from a Blockbuster movie who people dress up as constantly, played by an Oscar nominated actress who is one of the most popular working actors right now to advertise the girl team up movie when they could just use a man in a batsuit? Yep, that would be much less irritating.

And which Batman would they use? Or should they just do what they did with Superman in Shazam? Yeah, that would be fine, you don't even need an actual actor, just show a guy in a batsuit from the neck down. Yeah, a nameless, faceless guy shown from the neck down in a batsuit would be better for advertising than Margot Robbie...cuz, how could it not be!?

It's a 37 second teaser. I dare say that the other characters will be featured more in an actual trailer or even, dare I say it, the movie. But be forewarned, Harley WILL still be there too.
    Spiderman homecoming was the first time ironman was going to be in a spiderman movie. They needed establish to audiences that missed civil war that this spidey was part of the mcu.37 seconds show their priorities and it ain't bop cast. Hey! I never said bop needed batman. All i said was if the "commodity to draw/sell" was that necessary get batman, be done with it. Batman is still DC's cash cow right?
    Frankly, as i said if they can't sell their ip's in this post avengers world then they only have themselves to blame.And, i don't need your warning. I know harley the overbearing and overstayed will be there. I am just going to watch couple of trailer.if The trend continues of harley being the centre. Then it ain't for me. I will wait till a bop movie comes out that is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ...It's We Got This Covered so take this with the biggest grain of salt you can fit in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...It's We Got This Covered so take this with the biggest grain of salt you can fit in your hand.
    Pfft not even, that’s as fake as fake news gets.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The Bad Gal as Poison Ivy would be all kinds of hilarious. Actually now I want it.

Just imagine Ivy speaking to Batman in Patois.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The Bad Gal as Poison Ivy would be all kinds of hilarious. Actually now I want it.

Just imagine Ivy speaking to Batman in Patois.
    Maybe she's improved as an actress from what I last saw her in but I just can't see her as Ivy.

I think Beyonce would be a better Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I didn't say a thing about antman and wasp. Besides, there were people asking where antman was in infinity war. So it was just reactionary marketing.
    A couple of posters that has antman in focus with items is not the same as putting a "commodity" in front and center shoving the main cast away.
    It's the same mindset. They know Ant-Man is not a huge draw in himself, so they used familiarity with more popular movies to try and boost him. You can call it what you want, but the end result is the same.

http://collider.com/sneider-cut-craz...source=twitter

At about 49 minutes in, the Wrap's Jeff Sneider says that Mahershala Ali was Matt Reeve's first pick for Commissioner Gordon in The Batman, and that Reeves has met with him, but that being cast as Blade most likely took that off the table.

Fantastic Member

It'll be interesting to see another live action version of Poison Ivy, but I don't really care who plays her, but I'm all about Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

They were also talking with Foxx, right? Him as Gordon would be pretty good.

Didn't they look into trying to get Lady Gaga as Black Canary? So I guess this isn't that far out there.