Page 346 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2462963363423433443453463473483493503563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Black Canary is being received well enough that there's already talk of a solo BC movie or a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I believe WB/DC is considering a Black Canary movie.
    I have never heard anything about this. The only upcoming female led ones I know of in the works are BOP, the Wonder Woman sequel, Batgirl, and more recently Supergirl. Is there an actual source or just fan wish?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

'The Batman' Targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...gordon-1237376

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    'The Batman' Targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...gordon-1237376
    Excellent choice. Heh. Kinda funny he's also voicing the Watcher in the What If? show.

Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ At Warner Bros.: https://deadline.com/2019/09/jonah-h...os-1202742916/

Jeff Sneider: "Wait... now hearing JONAH HILL will be playing The Riddler!"

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...58641113964544
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-23-2019 at 03:23 PM.

So pretty much confirmation about them looking for a black Jim Gordon, and I guess a black Barbara too. Still weird to me that it is always the redheaded characters, lol.

There were those rumors about them looking at Zoe Kravitz for a role in Batman and people assumed it was Catwoman, but I wonder if it would be Barbara now. Although given her age it would set up a Bruce/Barbara romance possibly which would be not ideal but I don't think the people making and producing the movie look at stuff like that compared to comic fans. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So pretty much confirmation about them looking for a black Jim Gordon, and I guess a black Barbara too. Still weird to me that it is always the redheaded characters, lol.

There were those rumors about them looking at Zoe Kravitz for a role in Batman and people assumed it was Catwoman, but I wonder if it would be Barbara now. Although given her age it would set up a Bruce/Barbara romance possibly which would be not ideal but I don't think the people making and producing the movie look at stuff like that compared to comic fans. So who knows.
    Not just that, it's also the fact that they usually seem to specifically make them black. I think only Maggie Sawyer was turned Latina in the Arrowverse, but basically every character with red hair that I can think of was turned black. Isn't Mercy Graves sometimes depicted as a redhead too? If so, she was Asian in BvS so maybe that's another rare exception.

As for the Zoe Kravitz rumors, the fact that the Gordons would be black doesn't negate the possibility of a black Catwoman.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-23-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

For a brief moment I forgot J. K. Simmons even played him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Excellent choice. Heh. Kinda funny he's also voicing the Watcher in the What If? show.
    That "What-if show" show comes out the same year as Reeves Batman film so if he indeed is Gordon then much like Josh Brolin was both Thanos and Cable in the year 2018 in two(then) separate universes Wright will be The Watcher and Commissioner Gordon in 2021
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So did I, lol.

- Charles Schultz.

Wright is probably the most believable of anyone rumored for Gordon, but I wonder if they've thought threw this casting as far as it pertains to Barbara/Batgirl.

Will he shave his beard into a mustache?
    Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ At Warner Bros.: https://deadline.com/2019/09/jonah-h...os-1202742916/

Jeff Sneider: "Wait... now hearing JONAH HILL will be playing The Riddler!"

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...58641113964544
    All respect to Hill's acting chops but I wouldn't be able to take this seriously at all, unless they go for Long Halloween Riddler who was a complete joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    JK Simmons as Gordon is probably one of the most disappointing aspects of cutting Affleck's tenure short in my opinion. But I guess he got back his best comic book role anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All respect to Hill's acting chops but I wouldn't be able to take this seriously at all, unless they go for Long Halloween Riddler who was a complete joke.
    THR says he is in talk to play the Penquin too:

"The talks with Hill are at an early and sensitive stage, not because of dealmaking but because the two sides can’t decide which character Hill will play, according to sources. The Penguin and the Riddler are the two characters that are in the conversation.

It is unclear if the two sides will be able to find common ground, say sources."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...n-role-1242712

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    As for the Zoe Kravitz rumors, the fact that the Gordons would be black doesn't negate the possibility of a black Catwoman.
    That is true. It is just I remember all the casting rumors from when Adam Driver was being looked at by DC/WB. People assumed that he could be Dick Grayson given his age and sites ran with that, but afterwards we learned that they were looking at him for the role of Lex Luthor who eventually got played by Jesse Eisenberg.

And with Zoe Kravitz I could see it being a similar thing where they look at her age compared with Robert Pattinson and assume she is being looked at as Catwoman, but it might be Barbara who they might have aged up to fit better with the BoP cast if they ever plan to use her there. This is just wild speculation, but I can see the connection a bit.

JK Simmons as Gordon is probably one of the most disappointing aspects of cutting Affleck's tenure short in my opinion. But I guess he got back his best comic book role anyways...
    Jeffrey Wright would be a fine choice, but I do feel bad for JK Simmons. I think he was really excited for the role and could have done a good job.

Astonishing Member

Eh, who knows? He could surprise you. He's been in more dramas recently and he was nominated for Moneyball for an Oscar. I actually would be more curious to see what he could do with the Riddler than what he could do as the Penquin. I like the idea of Jonah playing Edward Nygma solely because of how out-of-the-box the nature of the casting is. That's casting you wouldn't expect which excites me more.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-23-2019 at 05:25 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

THR says he is in talk to play the Penquin too:

"The talks with Hill are at an early and sensitive stage, not because of dealmaking but because the two sides can’t decide which character Hill will play, according to sources. The Penguin and the Riddler are the two characters that are in the conversation.

It is unclear if the two sides will be able to find common ground, say sources."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...n-role-1242712
    To be honest, I'm not sure if I see him as Penguin either. I mean, he's kind of short and chubby but I've never seen Hill try to seriously play himself off like the kind of classy, aristocratic, type Penguin is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Eh, who knows? He could surprise you. He's been in more dramas recently and he was nominated for Moneyball for an Oscar. I actually would be more curious to see what he could do with the Riddler than what he could do as the Penquin. I like the idea of Jonah playing Edward Nygma solely because of how out-of-the-box the nature of the casting is. That's casting you wouldn't expect which excites me more.
    I guess it depends how they play him. I could see him playing a really nebbish, nerdy, Riddler who people don't take seriously but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.

Whew, thank God. For a moment there I thought they'd were about to accidentally let a redhead character stay a redhead, but they remedied it.