Page 35 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945851355351035 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What the hell are they thinking?!? Maybe if this was 1992 I’d be ok with this. But Pérez is 54 years old. They couldn’t find someone the same age as the other members? I’m sure there are a lot of up and coming Hispanic actresses who would have been perfect for this part. Perez is also 5 feet tall (some list her at 5’1) so not exactly the Montaya from the comics.
    I'm sorry, does Montoya have to be exactly like she is in the comics? No one else is.
    And there's no reason everyone in this movie has to be a young ingenue. I appreciate a diversity of ages, especially among women.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Seems to work for Tony Stark and RDJ.
    Robert Downey started playing Tony Stark 10 years ago at 42; yes, maybe slightly older than the character but still within acceptable age range.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    "Mess of a movie"? It hasn't even been made yet.
    Sorry, "mess" implying that it will not be the Birds of Prey. They're "messing up" the Birds of Prey; from removing Barbara Gordon, to unnecessarily race swapping, to aging characters 20 years...It may be a great girl hang movie, but it's not seemingly going to be a great Birds of Prey movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I didn't have anyone in mind for the role, so no, that's not what it means. "Miscast" means 20 years older and a foot shorter than the character with a high whiny voice. That's not Renee Montoya.
    “Not how I envision the character” so basically what i said?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    “Not how I envision the character” so basically what i said?
    Well, I never said "not how I envision the character", I'm talking about how the character had always been portrayed in the comics and Batman cartoon... Ya know, the source material...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Well, I never said "not how I envision the character", I'm talking about how the character had always been portrayed in the comics and Batman cartoon... Ya know, the source material...
    Ah, the source material. The make or break for every comic adaption.....

Fantastic Member

Yes, it's completely ridiculous to look at the source material when adapting a film...that's based on a source material... How absurd of me. You win. I'm done.

If you are going to adapt something but then go really off from the source material then why not do an original idea?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Jackie Earle Haley played ‘The Question’ at 50 without any problem. And his Question was way more physical than the actual Question ever needs to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Jackie Earle Haley played ‘The Question’ at 50 without any problem. And his Question was way more physical than the actual Question ever needs to be.
    You do not seem very familiar with versions of the question that are not the JLU cartoon version.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Jackie Earle Haley was 48 when the movie came out, so probably 47 when filming and the character of Rorschach was 45...pretty close.
    No one said that Rosie Perez isn't capable of doing the part because of her age, simply that she is over 20 years older than the character

Mighty Member

It's funny how people like to play the source material card when it comes to DC movies. Comic book films over the years have strayed far from the source material and it will continue to happen. You people better keep that same energy with every movie or TV show.
    Last edited by Raijin; 10-05-2018 at 03:18 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Aquaman NYCC Extended Preview

I believe this might be the footage shown to Hall H at SDCC that wasn't publicly released.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It's funny how people like to play the source material card when it comes to DC movies. Comic book films over the years have strayed far from the source material and it will continue to happen. You people better keep that same energy with every movie or TV show.
    I wonder how many comic book movies have been true to the source material. Probably not a lot and not many super-hero movies. I can think of a few arthouse movies based on small properties that have been faithful, but not many there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Aquaman NYCC Extended Preview

I believe this might be the footage shown to Hall H at SDCC that wasn't publicly released.
    CGI needs a bit more work but other than that I'm loving it. Seeing Mera's eyes glow, I didn't think they would add that.