Page 352 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

The contrast with that video and the comic looks is strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Sorry, but absolutely nothing about her says Black Canary. Jason Momona doesn’t physically look like comic book Aquaman but at least they gave him the costume and color scheme. Purple hair?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sorry, but absolutely nothing about her says Black Canary. Jason Momona doesn’t physically look like comic book Aquaman but at least they gave him the costume and color scheme. Purple hair?!?
    it's really annoying that only Quinn is recognizable... Who the heck are those 2 other girls? Charlie's Angels?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yep, still totally turned off by those visuals.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really? You haven't seen any actual pics of her as Black Canary? She has blond hair. The purple in this pic is just because of the colorist.
    Not that it matters, cuz now knowing that you'll still just say; "Well she still doesn't look like Black Canary."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The contrast with that video and the comic looks is strong...
    Maybe they'll get a more comic accurate look at the end of the movie like Momoa's Aquaman did.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    She has blond hair.
    It's dreadlocks. Not similar to the usual wig look at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Really? You haven't seen any actual pics of her as Black Canary? She has blond hair. The purple in this pic is just because of the colorist.
    Not that it matters, cuz now knowing that you'll still just say; "Well she still doesn't look like Black Canary."
    Well she still doesn’t look like Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm with you man (or ma'am?).

I have no interest in seeing team-up movies when the studio can barely manage to stumble through a solo film and make it semi-watchable. Where's the fun in seeing the League all get together when the studio can't write any of them properly or develop their individual mythologies? And looking at DC's track record, the only time their films are good are when they're solo films; MoS, WW, Aquaman, Shazam. Look at their team-up movies; BvS, Squad, JL, now BoP......none of them were very popular with audiences (except BoP which hasn't hit yet, but people don't seem too impressed with what we've seen so far).
    This is just arbitrary. Instead of looking at the creative teams behind these projects your just claiming, "Its because their team-up movies!" Its better then saying "All DC movies are bad!" which is probably what you would have said a year ago, but its still no more nuanced.

WB/DC is far too inconsistent to support a shared universe. They announce plans for a film, start pre-production, lose all the people working on it, drop the project completely or totally re-invent it.....a shared universe requires long-term planning that WB just is not capable of providing.
    This is another MCU myth. There is no evidence to indicate a in depth long term plan in the MCU at all beyond Infinity Stones and Thanos and even then these were very vague. In Cap 1 the Infinity Stone is milked to make super weapons, in Avengers 1 the stone has mind control powers, but in Avengers 2 its an AI. (FYI, I pretty though when the Tezzeret first appeared in the MCU it was not conceived of as an infinity stone) Its the same object, but in each film it displays different properties, almost as if they were making it up as they went. We also know for instance that the Russo Brothers only got the idea for Civil War when BvS was announced. The infinity gauntlet was originally in a Asgard's treasury even though they knew for sure they were going to do an Infinity War movie down the line, suggesting either poor foresight or a different conception in Infinity War's narrative.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-28-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe they'll get a more comic accurate look at the end of the movie like Momoa's Aquaman did.
    I'd like to think so, but so far this hasn't seemed like that kind of a movie.

Harley Quinn, Black Canary and Huntress have frequent costume changes. These really aren't too dissimilar from some of them in the comics or to how these characters have been shown in other live-action media. Sure, Black Canary isn't wearing fish nets (or maybe she is?), but a lot of the overtly sexual costumes are almost never used for cbm. Isn't this movie vaguely feminist anyway? Robbie specifically said she wanted to reverse the image HQ had in SS, where she was known for running around half-naked.

Also, I actually like the Hunter costume in that promotional poster. Its really cool and sexy.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-28-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Harley Quinn, Black Canary and Huntress have frequent costume changes. These really aren't too dissimilar from some of them in the comics or to how these characters have been shown in other live-action media. Sure, Black Canary isn't wearing fish nets (or maybe she is?), but a lot of the overtly sexual costumes are almost never used for cbm. Isn't this movie vaguely feminist anyway? Robbie specifically said she wanted to reverse the image HQ had in SS, where she was known for running around half-naked.

Also, I actually like the Hunter costume in that promotional poster. Its really cool and sexy.
    They've had frequent costume changes but consistent visual styles that I don't see reflected in their movie costumes. Like Batman and Superman have had various costumes but there is that visual consistency.

I thought Dinah was supposed to wear her actual costume (or, a variation) at some point? Or, was that false?

I doubt she'll be wearing ONLY that specific outfit the entire film anyway. We've seen them in one to two outfits and I'm sure there's more.

I’m weirdly optimistic for Birds of Prey. But I’m having a hard time figuring out why. I hated Suicide Squad and this has a similar hot topic-y aesthetic. But I think I’m just intrigued by having Gotham City crime movie without any Bats or Birds.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I thought Dinah was supposed to wear her actual costume (or, a variation) at some point? Or, was that false?

I doubt she'll be wearing ONLY that specific outfit the entire film anyway. We've seen them in one to two outfits and I'm sure there's more.
    Soo... you're saying we should at least wait to see more footage if not just wait to see the movie to pass judgement? Yeah, that's not done here. Everyone here knows SO MUCH about film, how they're made, the personal motivations of every person involved in the filming for every decision that is made...So, yeah, waiting isn't needed here cuz it's all already known.