Page 355 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2553053453513523533543553563573583593654054558551355 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 20948

I don't understand why people are keeping this up. She simply doesn't resemble the traditional version of the character and that was clearly done on purpose. The only thing we can do is wait and see how they handle the character in the movie.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-30-2019 at 04:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Attachment 87647
    But...but Jurnee doesn't look like Black Canary...Yeah, okay.
    Well she doesn't really resemble any of these versions of the character so I'm not sure what your point here is supposed to be.

I just want to post this educated guess for posterity: Matt Reeves' Batman film is a loose adaptation of, or at least takes elements from, Broken City, and Jonah Hill is playing Arnold Wesker/The Ventriloquist. Thank you for your time.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Joker still not certified fresh
    Looks like a bunch of controversy baiting movie reviews are going to tank the score it's the only reason I can't see it being fresh yet when it opens this week

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I just want to post this educated guess for posterity: Matt Reeves' Batman film is a loose adaptation of, or at least takes elements from, Broken City, and Jonah Hill is playing Arnold Wesker/The Ventriloquist. Thank you for your time.
    Ventriloquist is actually more believable then either Penguin or Riddler.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Promo pics for the Harley & Friends movie (trailer tomorrow):

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Should have just called it "Harley Quinn" or "Pudding: A Harley Quinn Adventure," and simply introduce the BoP in it to ready them for a true BoP film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Joker still not certified fresh
    Looks like a bunch of controversy baiting movie reviews are going to tank the score it's the only reason I can't see it being fresh yet when it opens this week
    Right? If it were an Avengers movie, it would be certified fresh the day one third of reviews dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Should have just called it "Harley Quinn" or "Pudding: A Harley Quinn Adventure," and simply introduce the BoP in it to ready them for a true BoP film.
    They're just beginning their marketing campaign. I'm sure more posters featuring Canary and Huntress will be released.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Well she doesn't really resemble any of these versions of the character so I'm not sure what your point here is supposed to be.
    The point is; most of those versions don't look alike either but they're all Black Canary, so it doesn't matter if they visually interpret her differently. Dinah's costume and hair and yes, even skin color, have changed numerous times.
    Jurnee is blond in the movie, she's a beautiful woman, she even wears Dinah's traditional colors of black, blue and yellow/gold (and that's foregoing the possibility that she could wear an interpretation of her classic costume) As long as they get the character right then she's Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Promo pics for the Harley & Friends movie (trailer tomorrow):

Nice to see one of “The Babies” show up. I hope they incorporate Harley’s love of animals into this movie. Loved that facet of her character plus it works with her being an advocate of The Red while Ivy is connected to The Green.

Not surprised at all that Harley is front and center in the promotion. They’re trying to sell a blockbuster film so they need one of DC’s biggest money makers to be the driving force. If they wanted the BoP themselves to get the general audience hyped they should have cast big name actors. The average person on the street doesn’t know who the hell Black Canary and Huntress are. Then the response will be “well why even call it The Birds of Prey?!?” Robbie wanted a girl gang movie and this script was apparently better than Gotham City Sirens. Take it up with executive producer Margot.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ventriloquist is actually more believable then either Penguin or Riddler.
    I would absolutely love to see him on screen. One of my favorite villains. So disturbing. The uncertainty of Scarface's consciousness is creepy either way; either the Ventriloquist is so completely mad he is that convincing voicing another personality, or the doll can appear to have some kind of life of its own. Either reality is unsettling.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Attachment 87647
    But...but Jurnee doesn't look like Black Canary...Yeah, okay.
    Jurnee isn't the problem. It would just be nice if she was wearing anything resembling the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    They're just beginning their marketing campaign. I'm sure more posters featuring Canary and Huntress will be released.
    And just beginning the marketing campaign is no excuse to go 100% Harley in a film with BOP in the title, a franchise she traditionally has nothing to do with. All the posters are her and some stuff that brings to mind her co-stars (bird wings, crossbow, cop car) but doesn't actually feature them.

Bud or Lou look nice
    Bernie is gonna show up
    and I guess oliver too
    They could definitely make a john wick style movie with Harley if they wanted
    Harley loves her animals