Page 365 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2653153553613623633643653663673683693754154658651365 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The Joker has just set the October Thursday preview record beating Venom. https://deadline.com/2019/10/joker-b...nd-1202752002/

Great stuff for a DC movie. I hope this doesn't start a slew of tortured and bullied villain origin stories. I can see origin movies for Luthor, Penguin, Kraven, and Doctor Doom(before Disney purchased the rights to the character). Sony is definitely happy with the results of the Joker. Sinister Six origin movies here we come!
    I think the only one I can see actually happening is a Luthor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The entire dceu/wb can't make up its mind on anything, really.
    Warner Bros. is more of a director driven company than the MCU. Where-as the MCU has Kevin Feige who has his grand vision and the directors are just hired help, with WB each director is allowed to have their own vision.
    So this is why WB seems like they can't make up their mind. Because there is no one single mind driving the WB movies. That's why WB can have a movie like Shazam! and a movie like Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only one I can see actually happening is a Luthor movie.
    Or maybe a remake/reboot of Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This movie is just not impressing me at all. Why on Earth would WB try to capture SS aesthetic and tone again, idk but so far bleh.
    Because it made $750M without China, and Harley's look drove merchandising sales through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Because it made $750M without China, and Harley's look drove merchandising sales through the roof.
    yeah but Harley has a really fun look. The others not, so far, imo. They look like very average punks.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Huntress:

Renee Montoya:

Cassandra Cain:

Source: https://twitter.com/mollyrockit/
    Wow! Really? From the changing this movie from GCS to the less sexy BOP to the costumes for each of these ladies it really looks like Margot is making sure that her female co stars aren't competition. At least visually.

These costumes are rubbish. On the plus side I heard that BC has an outfit change that includes her trademark fishnets.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wow! Really? From the changing this movie from GCS to the less sexy BOP to the costumes for each of these ladies it really looks like Margot is making sure that her female co stars aren't competition. At least visually.

These costumes are rubbish. On the plus side I heard that BC has an outfit change that includes her trademark fishnets.
    You would think WB wants costumes for all of them for the toy line and Halloween costumes.

I agree... I just saw this image on twitter and THIS IS BLACK CANARY. I don't understand why they can't go with something like this. I think she looks badass and sexy. I mean, looks at the clothes Harley is wearing...

Retired

A lot of the fashion I saw in the BOP♦HQ trailer made me think of the clothes we wore in the seventies--not what movies and TV shows would have you think was the fashion, but the actual clothes, which I well remember as being the most horrid clothes ever made. Not only did they look terrible and fit badly, they were utterly uncomfortable. You were either sweating like a pig (polyester doesn't breathe) or chafing from the itchy quality of the fabrics. Anyone who wants to wear those clothes voluntarily should have their head examined.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Warner Bros. is more of a director driven company than the MCU. Where-as the MCU has Kevin Feige who has his grand vision and the directors are just hired help, with WB each director is allowed to have their own vision.
    So this is why WB seems like they can't make up their mind. Because there is no one single mind driving the WB movies. That's why WB can have a movie like Shazam! and a movie like Joker.

Or maybe a remake/reboot of Catwoman.
    You say that but somehow I'm just not buying the idea they can't have their own vision, otherwise Thor Ragnarok wouldn't be so wildly different from the first two.

Reports are saying that Black Canary is a break out star and Robbie said that Harley and every female character will not be sexualized like in SS. I fail to see what any of this has to with not wanting competition. If Robbie was worried about competition she'd have gone with the Harley solo WB offered her.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Reports are saying that Black Canary is a break out star and Robbie said that Harley and every female character will not be sexualized like in SS. I fail to see what any of this has to with not wanting competition. If Robbie was worried about competition she'd have gone with the Harley solo WB offered her.
    That would have been better. Atleast, bird of prey ip would have been free for others. Someday(soon if comic movie boom is still in effect) , we could have gotten a real bop.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Y'all apparently WW84 had a test screening so accurate spoilers are out there now. Just giving a heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Y'all apparently WW84 had a test screening so accurate spoilers are out there now. Just giving a heads up!
    And the reaction isn't very positive .

I didn't really think it would be. WW was a good movie.. but honestly, deep down, I just don't think WW is a very good or interesting character. Her movie made headlines because it was new and different..idh and now it's not. We've seen it before and jumping on the 80's nostalgia bandwagon for no particular reason isn't a great plan. All it means is that she's STILL have no real supporting cast. her WWi friends are all dead and her 2019 friends are in grade school... I've been avoiding spollers but I did see that terrible armor costume so, while I'll see it... I don' t have much enthusiasm about it. I'd be more hyped for a Shazam II or MAYBE an Aquaman 2.. but this has a LOT of red flags going for it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Really? Only things I'm finding are from June and they're "overwhelmingly positive".