Page 382 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2823323723783793803813823833843853863924324828821382 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Then I hope she'll put the Suicide in Suicide Squad
    I really hoped they'd replace Flagg and Harley but its good to see they kept Viola Davis' Waller
    Not gonna happen either because the plan is to do a Gotham City Sirens movie and Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey movie after The Suicide Squad movie. So Harley Quinn will be around for years if all goes according to plan.
    She could even show up in a The Suicide Squad 2 and The Suicide Squad 3 if The Suicide Squad is successful. They do like making trilogies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The tattoos were more of a dealbreaker for me.
    I could've lived with the visuals if not for the performance, but even that just didn't feel like Joker to me.

Thanks for the heads up. Then I hope she'll put the Suicide in Suicide Squad
    She's the single most popular character so you're most likely outta luck on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could've lived with the visuals if not for the performance, but even that just didn't feel like Joker to me.
    I just don't see the Joker as the type to sit still to have a tattoo done unless he had the artist at gunpoint and that was the real amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I just don't see the Joker as the type to sit still to have a tattoo done unless he had the artist at gunpoint and that was the real amusement.
    Yeah, I think of Joker as quintessentially dapper (that's why he wears purple suits), so the tattoos don't really fit that image in my mind.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She's the single most popular character so you're most likely outta luck on that front.
    Pale skin, green hair and Harley aside nothing about Leto's character felt Joker. There was no depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I've said it before but visuals aside, I don't see that much different from Leto and Ledger's mannerisms. Creepy stares, weird ticks, unpredictable mood swings. I don't get how the purring is make-or-break for some people.
    Execution mostly. Leto came off as a joke and his ticks felt over-rehearsed compared to Ledger who was able to come off as a genuinely intimidating and real character

Also, most of Leto's ticks were really lame. Dude really came off as some weirdo soundcloud rapper

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Pale skin, green hair and Harley aside nothing about Leto's character felt Joker. There was no depth.
    So it's the lines that he had? Or his place in the story? I'm focusing on performance, I don't think his mannerisms were "non-joker". Just trying to explore why people disagree.

Yeah, I think of Joker as quintessentially dapper (that's why he wears purple suits), so the tattoos don't really fit that image in my mind.
    Let's not forget how cringy the tattoos were. On paper, a tattoo on Joker could work... but 'damaged' on his forehead? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Let's not forget how cringy the tattoos were. On paper, a tattoo on Joker could work... but 'damaged' on his forehead? Really?
    I didn't really have a problem with the gangsta look. Most everyone else had tattoos of some sort. Diablo was covered in tattoos. Even Harley Quinn had tattoos and no one complained about hers.
    This is the 21st century after all. Almost everyone has tattoos. You almost never saw women with tattoos last century. Now even big Hollywood stars, female sex symbols, have tattoos. Even in the
    comic books look at all the tattoos Batwoman has. In fact it would be a odd that a criminal like Joker wouldn't have tattoos. Tattoos are one of the way gangstas intimidate people. You see a guy
    with a lot of tattoos, you aren't going to mess with him. Isn't a guy with DAMAGED on he forehead going to scare you? As long as Joker has green hair, white skin, and a big red smile, he looks like
    Joker for me. The rest is just creative license. So I don't understand why people are objecting to a tattooed Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I didn't really have a problem with the gangsta look. Most everyone else had tattoos of some sort. Diablo was covered in tattoos. Even Harley Quinn had tattoos and no one complained about hers.
    This is the 21st century after all. Almost everyone has tattoos. You almost never saw women with tattoos last century. Now even big Hollywood stars, female sex symbols, have tattoos. Even in the
    comic books look at all the tattoos Batwoman has. In fact it would be a odd that a criminal like Joker wouldn't have tattoos. Tattoos are one of the way gangstas intimidate people. You see a guy
    with a lot of tattoos, you aren't going to mess with him. Isn't a guy with DAMAGED on he forehead going to scare you? As long as Joker has green hair, white skin, and a big red smile, he looks like
    Joker for me. The rest is just creative license. So I don't understand why people are objecting to a tattooed Joker.
    I don't think a proper Joker would think he needs tattoos to intimidate people.

They were in a rough a spot with Joker because he's already been done so many times and in recent memory with The Dark Knight, so there was probably a lot of pressure to make sure this new Joker was distinctive and brought something new to the table. In fact I'd go so far as to say the desire to try and differentiate itself from other better received adaptations of the same characters likely influenced a lot of the more controversial/dodgy creative choices the early DCEU movies made.

In a sense Marvel got lucky that all their big A-list characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men weren't at their disposal when they started the MCU, as it meant there were no other adaptations in recent memory they had to worry about. That didn't really start until they got Spider-Man back a few years ago.

I don't think a proper Joker would think he needs tattoos to intimidate people.
    If Joker were created today he probably would have tattoos. Back in the 1940s about the only people that got tattoos were sailors. And that was mostly because they wanted people to be able identify their corpse after they
    died in battle and their bloated body was found floating in the ocean afterwards. The only cartoon character I can recall from that era with tattoos was Popeye. Giving Joker tattoos back then would have just created more work
    for the pencillers and inkers and served no actual purpose in the life of Joker.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They were in a rough a spot with Joker because he's already been done so many times and in recent memory with The Dark Knight, so there was probably a lot of pressure to make sure this new Joker was distinctive and brought something new to the table. In fact I'd go so far as to say the desire to try and differentiate itself from other better received adaptations of the same characters likely influenced a lot of the more controversial/dodgy creative choices the early DCEU movies made.

In a sense Marvel got lucky that all their big A-list characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men weren't at their disposal when they started the MCU, as it meant there were no other adaptations in recent memory they had to worry about. That didn't really start until they got Spider-Man back a few years ago.
    A Suicide Squad movie wouldn't have needed Mr J and HQ at all. They should have called this movie BATMAN'S ROGUES GALLERY SQUAD.

Hopefully WB will learn its lesson from Aquaman's and Shazam's success. That'd be nice.

BANNED

I thought Leto's Joker was awesome and very intimidating. I really don't feel like there's enough footage out there to make a proper judgment though