Page 40 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eh he doesn’t have to show up in Suicide Squad. But I really doubt there’s any plans to use him right now.
    I think Morbious goes into production soon, too. Not that he can't do both films, but I'd bet he doesn't return to the part now that they are doing the Phoenix Joker film. Method actors are very territorial, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leto tells WB where to stick it even if they did call him back.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I don't expect Leto's Joker will be in Gunn's SS.

With Birds of Prey I'm not even sure Harley will be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Oh, yeah, I don't expect Joker to be in Gunn's script either. I was just meaning hypothetically. If Gunn does sign on, we're at least a year away from shooting beginning and Robbie will be long done with BoP by then. But whether she'll have time with a busy film schedule, who knows.

Gunn is "in talks" right now, but I'd be very surprised if he actually signs on for Suicide Squad...I could be wrong, but I feel like he'll want full control and I just don't see a SS sequel without WB demanding certain characters be included. I think giving him something like Green Lantern, where he's free to do whatever he wants, would be better. But that's obviously the "safe" approach, given his GotG history, so I dunno.

It'll be interesting to see how they get people on board with the idea of supporting a Gunn film, as many see no difference between jokes & actually being a pedophile.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh, yeah, I don't expect Joker to be in Gunn's script either. I was just meaning hypothetically. If Gunn does sign on, we're at least a year away from shooting beginning and Robbie will be long done with BoP by then. But whether she'll have time with a busy film schedule, who knows.

Gunn is "in talks" right now, but I'd be very surprised if he actually signs on for Suicide Squad...I could be wrong, but I feel like he'll want full control and I just don't see a SS sequel without WB demanding certain characters be included. I think giving him something like Green Lantern, where he's free to do whatever he wants, would be better. But that's obviously the "safe" approach, given his GotG history, so I dunno.

It'll be interesting to see how they get people on board with the idea of supporting a Gunn film, as many see no difference between jokes & actually being a pedophile.
    WB confirmed that's he's writing it

A Warner Bros. representative has confirmed to IGN that James Gunn will direct what will presumably be Suicide Squad 2. "It is confirmed that James Gunn is writing the next installment of the Suicide Squad franchise," the representative told IGN.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    People mostly have already forgotten about it.
    The only reason anybody noticed at all was because Alan Horn decided to make a big deal out of some alt-right Twitter troll's ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    People mostly have already forgotten about it.
    The only reason anybody noticed at all was because Alan Horn decided to make a big deal out of some alt-right Twitter troll's ramblings.
    Personally, I don't care about the tweets. I don't think any topic should be off limits in comedy, as long as the joke is good snd the delivery is done well...James Gunn is a filmmaker, not a comedian, and his tweets weren't funny or done well. But on the subject of the tweets themselves, I don't care. Unfortunately though, a lot of people do. And what's worse, there are a lot of people who don't research things and think he was fired for actually being a pedophile instead of making stupid pedophile tweets. I've spoken with several people today who replied with "they hired the pedophile? I won't watch it then", and that's just out of a small group. There are many filmgoers out there who are uneducated on the topic, and unfortunately these people account for a lot of ticket sales. Or non-sales, in this case.

It's just tricky, is all I'm saying. Perhaps in the eventual trailer, instead of saying "From James Gunn, director of..." they should just have it say "From the Director of Slither and Guardians of the Galaxy." Try to keep his name off the marketing as much as possible or something.

Also...as long as Batista continues to talk about it in interviews, people won't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Well, color me shocked lol And thank you for the link.

Now we just have to wait and see what they think of his script, and whether they offer him the directors chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I hope not.

I love Margot Robbie but I'm tired of Harley.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's just weird. Birds of Prey is either Gotham-vigilantes (Batgirl version) or international clandestine agent missions à la Mission Impossible (Oracle version). Suicide Squad is military direct action à la the Dirty Dozen.

I have no idea on how they managed to get the same story, except that one of the groups would be a poor fit to the alleged story.
    They didn't. Back in June Grace Randolph reported that her sources told her Margot Robbie stole the plot of Suicide Squad 2 for Birds of Prey. DC backed Robbie and Gavin moved on. There's no way they came up with the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    If Gunn is in, I'm out! I refuse to support a mediocre, overrated director who thinks that pedo and rape "jokes" are funny.

Goddamn, Warner Bros! GODDAMN! But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the studio that replaced Zack Snyder for Joss Whedon and pushed David Ayer away keeps making poor decisions, right?
    I don't think getting rid of Ayer and Snyder were bad decisions. Also, Ayer backs Gunn in the role.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well, I just went from 0% interest in watching the next Suicide Squad movie to 100%.

No chance of Jared Leto coming back. Gunn is not a fan. Gunn is a staunch supporter of the MeToo movement, and Gunn personally named Leto as one of the worst people in Hollywood in regards to his treatment of women, many of whom were reportedly underaged. Don't know if any of it was true, but Gunn felt confident enough to call Leto out on Twitter about it. Ironically, it would be jokes about pedophiles that later got Gunn fired by Disney, only to be hired by Warners, allowing him to deny an actual pedophile a multi-million dollar paycheck.

The circle of life!

Retired

If someone has committed a social crime but not a legal crime what does he or she have to do to get back into everyone's good books? Do we need to institute a formal process, so a person can pay their debt to society and then re-enter society and obtain gainful employment? Should we bring back the pillory?

Given his thought crimes were in the past and James Gunn has owned up to them and changed his ways, it seems like he should gain absolution. But there doesn't seem to be a formal process for how that's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If someone has committed a social crime but not a legal crime what does he or she have to do to get back into everyone's good books? Do we need to institute a formal process, so a person can pay their debt to society and then re-enter society and obtain gainful employment? Should we bring back the pillory?

Given his thought crimes were in the past and James Gunn has owned up to them and changed his ways, it seems like he should gain absolution. But there doesn't seem to be a formal process for how that's done.
    James Gunn made some bad and in poor taste jokes when he was an active provocateur he committed no crime and honestly the terms "Social and Thought Crime" scares me more than anything he did and should never be said again IMO.

I mean, if Hollywood can forgive Roman Polanski...

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    They didn't. Back in June Grace Randolph reported that her sources told her Margot Robbie stole the plot of Suicide Squad 2 for Birds of Prey. DC backed Robbie and Gavin moved on. There's no way they came up with the same story.
    I'm not sure I consider Grace Randolph a reliable source here. She's a good movie reviewer, but her reporting seems more provocative and sensationalistic rather than factual to me.