Page 402 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    For the GA shes the only one which is recognizable as a known figure and for the CB fans shes the only one recognizable as a character from the comics.

It would just be such a lazy ass job to just do it so blunt when the DC universe has a million options to do it correctly.
    Meh. DC’s convoluted ass Crises aren’t really superior imo. With the DCEU basically dead who cares? It’s not like the Snyder films are going to be followed up in any way. Batman is getting a hard reboot. Suicide Squad is getting a soft reboot. Superman May or may not ever show up again and if he does he will probably get a hard reboot. Why force Patty to be tied down to an aborted universes continuity? Whether the film is good matters more than continuity crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Meh. DC’s convoluted ass Crises aren’t really superior imo. With the DCEU basically dead who cares? It’s not like the Snyder films are going to be followed up in any way. Batman is getting a hard reboot. Suicide Squad is getting a soft reboot. Superman May or may not ever show up again and if he does he will probably get a hard reboot. Why force Patty to be tied down to an aborted universes continuity? Whether the film is good matters more than continuity crap.
    Probably more than the naggers like to admit care. Also a solid continuity is part of a movie being good; it shows the creators paid attention. And considering that this Reeves wants his own thing his Batman is not the DCEU Batman reboot but, well, his own thing that he does not want part of a shared anything.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    According to this study people are more likely to see DC movies at home than Marvel or Star Wars movies.

https://flixed.io/going-to-the-movie...g-at-home/amp/

Anyone’s thoughts on this?
    I'm the exact opposite. Nobody ever bothers to study me. The last time I saw any Marvel movie in a theatre was back in the early days of the X-Men movies. If I see a Marvel movie these days, it's always at home and usually long after it has left theatres. Whereas, I go to see most DC movies on the day of release at the theatre.

As for Star Wars, the last one I saw was THE PHANTOM MENACE on TV. Since then I've only seen fan edits and clips of the movies on youtube. Yet somehow--just from how often these movies are discussed online--I feel like I know every scene in those movies.

One of those scoopers did say there was a moment that could conceivably point to history being changed and explain some changed/inconsistencies in the DCEU, but that it's not really addressed in the film itself. Like others have already said though, if she's operating out in public in costume, then it's pretty clear they don't really care all that much about slavishly retaining the continuity anyway, which is honestly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Mindblowing they did not just booted him in favor of one that is actually interested in a shared universe.
    Not really. After the initial slate of movies didn't get the reception the studio was hoping for, it seems they decided to just go with what was gonna work better regardless of whether or not it had to be attached to the same canon. Which was smart; Joker is now on track to be their second biggest hit and has already outgrossed every DCEU movie that isn't Aquaman.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-07-2019 at 10:44 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Forget dialogue. If Diana is walking around in public and in costume, and everyone’s memories somehow don’t get wiped at the end, that throws BvS out the window. Given that both Patty and Gal have said WW walking away from humanity was a mistake expect that continuity to get completely disregarded.
    It throws the entire superman story in dceu under the bus including man of steel.The big plot point mos was his and pa's fear of how the world is going to take Clark's existence.it is good in a way. I can enjoy man of steel as a standalone.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-07-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    One of those scoopers did say there was a moment that could conceivably point to history being changed and explain some changed/inconsistencies in the DCEU, but that it's not really addressed in the film itself. Like others have already said though, if she's operating out in public in costume, then it's pretty clear they don't really care all that much about slavishly retaining the continuity anyway, which is honestly fine.

Not really. After the initial slate of movies didn't get the reception the studio was hoping for, it seems they decided to just go with what was gonna work better regardless of whether or not it had to be attached to the same canon. Which was smart; Joker is now on track to be their second biggest hit and has already outgrossed every DCEU movie that isn't Aquaman.
    Joker is a very unique movie and even that with some micro tweaks (BvS Martha & Thomas and a surgery/ace chemicals aftercredits) could have been part of the DCEU as kind of a Marvels "First Avenger" perverted antithesis and it would still be basically the same.

Standalone Batman... well. I have seen enough of them already to be excited for another new solo take again.

There's no real reason to though if the creators don't feel like it though. It's not like anything in the movie would've been made better had Jeffrey Dean Morgan played Thomas Wayne and I doubt that'd make much of a difference in The Batman either. Nothing about Joker made me think "Wow, this is excellent, but I can't get into it because he's not a moron with gold teeth and forehead tattoos!"
    Last edited by Holt; 11-08-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Eh DCEU continuity was pretty tight from MOS -> BvS -> SS -> JL.
    There was one small error regarding Aquaman.

When Bruce was looking at the files Lex had on the would-be Leaguers, the Aquaman one shows Arthur wearing Atlantean armour and having his mother's trident. IIRC Arthur had to get the trident and another set of armour from Mera.

And to be fair, WW is a part of that sequence so you can't really ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    There was one small error regarding Aquaman.

When Bruce was looking at the files Lex had on the would-be Leaguers, the Aquaman one shows Arthur wearing Atlantean armour and having his mother's trident. IIRC Arthur had to get the trident and another set of armour from Mera.

And to be fair, WW is a part of that sequence so you can't really ignore that.
    There's also Arthur in the JL was all like "my mom abandoned us" where in Aquaman he blamed Atlantis for that.

Could go Morrison esque and make the Snyderverse a dark warping of the real DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Could go Morrison esque and make the Snyderverse a dark warping of the real DCEU.
    People were suggesting before JL making the Snyderverse be the Justice Lords universe. Would’ve made more sense.

But it’s pointless now, Snyderverse is over. No point looking back.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

People were suggesting before JL making the Snyderverse be the Justice Lords universe. Would’ve made more sense.

But it’s pointless now, Snyderverse is over. No point looking back.
    How can snyderman become a totalitarian? To be a totalitarian like justice lord superman you have to be active not passive. Snyderman is the opposite of that guy. I can see him going injustice though. That guy is fuelled by trauma like this superman is. When you think about it. Both their cities got destroyed. If they lose lois too. It can happen. But, i don't think even that will

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There's no real reason to though if the creators don't feel like it though. It's not like anything in the movie would've been made better had Jeffrey Dean Morgan played Thomas Wayne and I doubt that'd make much of a difference in The Batman either. Nothing about Joker made me think "Wow, this is excellent, but I can't get into it because he's not a moron with gold teeth and forehead tattoos!"
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. For standaloners who do not care and all versions of this ominous GA it makes zilch difference since the movie will be 99,7 % same; for for the fans glamouring a DC taste answer to the MCU it would be an addition to the universe.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Back to our monthly "Snyder Cut" appointment... both Snyder and Momoa shared 2 never seen before scenes from the original JL movie:

Joker will make a billion by next week and will be the most profitable "hero" (or is it villain) comic book movie. Even with sharing profits wb is going to make a lot of money from this. Don't be shocked if they greenlight a second movie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#257b4ba618ff

After getting made fun of and insulted on two sites for posting that last news link I almost didn't post this but i'll post it anyways as it's news and a big win for WB.