Page 41 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551911415411041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, if Hollywood can forgive Roman Polanski...
    Polanski actually raped a child and Gunn made bad jokes I'm sorry but this is a big point of contention for me. I understand why Disney dropped him due to their family brand and the press at the time. But Gunn shouldn't be lumped together with actual predators.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not sure I consider Grace Randolph a reliable source here. She's a good movie reviewer, but her reporting seems more provocative and sensationalistic rather than factual to me.
    I don't even consider her a good movie reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, if Hollywood can forgive Roman Polanski...
    He actually committed horrible crimes. But god forgive if you joke about it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    honestly the terms "Social and Thought Crime" scares me more than anything he did and should never be said again IMO.
    I use them to point out how Orwellian everything has become. And, sorry, but I'll probably use them again when I want to make the same point.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I don't think getting rid of Ayer and Snyder were bad decisions. Also, Ayer backs Gunn in the role.
    Same. If anything WB/DC’s future looks brighter without them if you’ll excuse the pun.

I love Guardians of the Galaxy; my fave of the MCU. So Gunn getting to DC? Great. If he gets at it with the same passion he had in the MCU all the better. Word on the digital street is he had a lot of good stuff done to help out the MCU as kind of a grey eminence far beyond the GotG movies. If thats true maybe he could do what other failed to do in so many peoples eyes: Save the DCEU.... Oh well. Then again that depends on Cavills future involvement and the mouth-breathers which cannot say "OK" a Man of Steel 2. Or a coherent plan to which they stick.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I love Guardians of the Galaxy; my fave of the MCU. So Gunn getting to DC? Great. If he gets at it with the same passion he had in the MCU all the better. Word on the digital street is he had a lot of good stuff done to help out the MCU as kind of a grey eminence far beyond the GotG movies. If thats true maybe he could do what other failed to do in so many peoples eyes: Save the DCEU.... Oh well. Then again that depends on Cavills future involvement and the mouth-breathers which cannot say "OK" a Man of Steel 2. Or a coherent plan to which they stick.
    Gunn was supposed to be the architect of the MCU Cosmic movies which is a huge win for DC Cosmic. Granted they are very different and he may not be interested but space seems to be his forte so far.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

The natural option for Gunn would seem to be Green Lantern Corps, but maybe DC wants to push ahead with SUICIDE SQUAD 2: ONCE MORE WITH FEELING--given that they made a bundle of cash on the first movie and they need to get another one made soon.

IMO Suicide Squad is the better fit for Gunn the guy works well with quirky characters it was that and less the cosmic side of Guardians IMO that was his success so Suicide Squad would be better than GL Corps. Now I'd be up to see him going Justice League Dark if they want something different.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"According to Mark Strong’s personal trainer, The Shazam suit will be different in the second trailer."

https://twitter.com/dceu_chambers/st...27012543053824

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "According to Mark Strong’s personal trainer, The Shazam suit will be different in the second trailer."

https://twitter.com/dceu_chambers/st...27012543053824

Sandberg stated in an interview that the suit was a work in progress. I mean Zach has different footwear in newer pics than those seen in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not sure I consider Grace Randolph a reliable source here. She's a good movie reviewer, but her reporting seems more provocative and sensationalistic rather than factual to me.
    Okay, but do you really think Gavin O'Connor and Christina Hodson wrote the exact same story?

Okay, but do you really think Gavin O'Connor and Christina Hodson wrote the exact same story?
    Follow the trail, please. It was Last Son of Krypton who cited a source that the stories for SS2 and BoP were similar:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Justin Kroll (Variety):

"On the Gavin O'Connor front in relation to SS2, hearing the story he had for the sequel ended up almost being identical to the BIRDS OF PREY story and when that film was given the go ahead to go before SQUAD 2, O'Connor grew frustrated and fell off project to do HAS BEEN instead"

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status...39066365763584
    I have no idea why or how or even if the stories ended up similar, just commenting that the two brands—Birds of Prey and Suicide Squad—calls for entirely different forms of stories and tone.

Also, weirder thing that two writers write very similar stories at the same time but independently of each other has happened.

Sandberg stated in an interview that the suit was a work in progress. I mean Zach has different footwear in newer pics than those seen in the trailer.
    Actually, my understanding is the Entertainment Weekly photo were the old boots/sandles that kept falling apart. The trailer has the newer footwear/ proper boots (shown close up where the bullet falls)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The real question with the James Gunn news is which DCU villain will Michael Rooker play? One of Gunn's biggest tepidations about doing Guardians 3 was that he'd have to make the film without Rooker. With Suicide Squad, that's no longer an issue. So, who is Rooker going to play? I think Clayface would be a good choice for Rooker, with Chris Batista playing Bane, who also seems intensely loyal to Gunn.

Anyone else got a better idea?