Page 421 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 20948
    Retired

I'd rather that the Batman was being done as an ongoing series on HBO Max. We'd get more stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd rather that the Batman was being done as an ongoing series on HBO Max. We'd get more stories.
    Batman and his world would really thrive on the small screen, it saddens me that WB seems to think that its beneath him.

Astonishing Member

I’d like that, but Batman is Warners golden goose, and they aren’t going to let a full fledged Batman show be dumped on a streaming service when there’s more money to be made on the big screen.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’d like that, but Batman is Warners golden goose, and they aren’t going to let a full fledged Batman show be dumped on a streaming service when there’s more money to be made on the big screen.
    Yeah, I have no illusion that it's going to happen; it's just what I'd like--to get more stuff per year, even if it's lower budget, rather than one big thing every three years. However, given what Disney is doing, WB might be smart to use their big guns on HBO Max to give the streaming servivce a fighting chance. Ultimately, that could be the bigger platform for their content rather than movie theatres which are in decline.

In this case though Marvel isn't really using their "A-list" on Disney Plus, for whatever value A-list even still has in the current comic book movie climate (if you'd told me the Joker, Aquaman, Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy would all be bigger box office draws than Superman ten years ago, I'd have laughed at you). They're making a big play for streaming, but, their shows all either star second string characters who weren't really leads in the movies (Falcon & Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch & Vision, Hawkeye) or brand new ones who hadn't been introduced before (Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight). There will still be Spider-Man movies and at least one more Thor and Guardians movie, sequels for Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel and the inevitable X-Men and Fantastic Four reboots.

So in this context, saving Batman for the movies while using a character like Green Lantern on HBO Max is roughly analogous.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah, Batman is the major leagues, not the minors.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm interested to see what his take on Falcone will be like.

Considering the rumored Long Halloween influences, I wonder if we'll see the Holiday Killer?

Anyone checked up on Mark Millar yet after Aquaman and Joker breezed past the billion dollar mark? Didn't he say last year that DC characters weren't appealing enough to be cinematic hits?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    Batman and his world would really thrive on the small screen, it saddens me that WB seems to think that its beneath him.
    It's not about that. It's about making a billion-dollar film, and having Batman on the "small screen" would water down that goal (in their eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Anyone checked up on Mark Millar yet after Aquaman and Joker breezed past the billion dollar mark? Didn't he say last year that DC characters weren't appealing enough to be cinematic hits?
    He actually praised and hyped up Aquaman, iirc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think his point was more about the creative than the commercial success. His point was that it’s harder for DC to make good quality movies that work cinematically about their characters than Marvel. So he was implying Marvel has stronger source material to make the movies work; which is a laughable considering they’re actually are more bad Marvel movies than DC ones(if you don’t discount the Marvel films outside the MCU).
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-23-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Todd Phillips talks his DC Black pitch: https://batman-news.com/2019/11/24/t...c-black-pitch/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I agree but I would use the HBO Max content for DC properties that wouldn't get as much love as the obvious candidates. However, a Batman tv show could really capture him the best imo.

Extraordinary Member

I think his point was more about the creative than the commercial success. His point was that it’s harder for DC to make good quality movies that work cinematically about their characters than Marvel. So he was implying Marvel has stronger source material to make the movies work; which is a laughable considering they’re actually are more bad Marvel movies than DC ones(if you don’t discount the Marvel films outside the MCU).
    If you look at marvel movies(mcu and non mcu combined)critics gave more bad reviews/scores to dc movies then marvel movies but looking at other critics scores and reviews critics think marvel has more good movies then dc.
    There more live action marvel movies then dc,so keep that in mind.
    Anyway if you look look at cinema score the audience think dc has more bad movies then marvel(mcu and non mcu combined).
    I read a C cinema score is considered bad.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2019 at 02:31 AM.

New Variety article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203415757/amp/
    Beyond embracing the darker undercurrents of the DC canon, the company is also revisiting characters that they believe were ill-served by previous big screen adventures. “Green Lantern Corps” remains a priority despite the fact that 2011’s “Green Lantern” was a high-profile commercial disaster. Johns is delivering a script at the end of the year. The project may be presented to Abrams and Bad Robot to see if the company would be interested in producing the picture. However, Greg Berlanti, another major talent on the Warner lot, is partnering with Johns on a “Green Lantern” television show. There’s speculation that relationship could lead to his involvement in a feature film.
    Looks like we might get a GL TV show and a movie.