Page 434 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534934 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Birds of Prey is NOT in the same Timeline as the DCEU - DCEU Future

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    WW84 looks terrible. Worst trailer movie I ever heard. Sorry but they won't catch lightning in a bottle again with that. Don't even get me started on the Sword & Shield thing, they don't want to use it fine but don't throw around lame excuses for it.

BoP looks equally as bad.

Not watching any TV shows, not reading any comic books, not watched any animated movies/shows in a while I have hit classic comic book fatigue so don't know if that is making me more cynical but not feeling any of these upcoming movies /:
    Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to let us know.
    Or do you have nothing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Birds of Prey is NOT in the same Timeline as the DCEU - DCEU Future
    Eh, I'm not sure I buy this explanation. Birds of Prey happening in a "parallel timeline" could mean its happening at the same time as other DC movies like Gunn's Suicide Squad, or it's a "day/weekend in the life of. . . ." type thing. I mean, this Harley is going to go straight into the Suicide Squad sequel. Maybe it's like the comics: solo Harley vs Squad Harley. They're practically two different people.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    WW84 looks terrible. Worst trailer movie I ever heard. Sorry but they won't catch lightning in a bottle again with that. Don't even get me started on the Sword & Shield thing, they don't want to use it fine but don't throw around lame excuses for it.

BoP looks equally as bad.

Not watching any TV shows, not reading any comic books, not watched any animated movies/shows in a while I have hit classic comic book fatigue so don't know if that is making me more cynical but not feeling any of these upcoming movies /:
    Aren’t you just a ray of Sunshine?
    Kidding aside, props for at least acknowledging your mood. Looks like you’ll be staying away from the theaters for a while!

There is no more DCEU timeline. They're all just movies now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    If that's the case, why not just name it Mister Miracle?

Still, I think it's better suited for TV and for the above reasons there's a good chance of it imo.
    It's going to introduce movie audiences to the New Gods and the Fourth World mythology even if it doesn't get to all of it, so I can understand it from a branding perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The explanation seemed as fine as any. But then again I kind of hated the way Wonder Woman was characterized in Johns' Justice League in the New 52, so seeing them downplay that is fine by me.
    You are not alone in that.

Really, the only worthwhile thing that seems to have come from Johns' Wonder Woman is the ice cream scene, but even the movie really toned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Eh, I'm not sure I buy this explanation. Birds of Prey happening in a "parallel timeline" could mean its happening at the same time as other DC movies like Gunn's Suicide Squad, or it's a "day/weekend in the life of. . . ." type thing. I mean, this Harley is going to go straight into the Suicide Squad sequel. Maybe it's like the comics: solo Harley vs Squad Harley. They're practically two different people.
    Yeah, people are taking this literally. She's basically saying not to expect any serious continuity, which we more or less know about future DC films at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, people are taking this literally. She's basically saying not to expect any serious continuity, which we more or less know about future DC films at this point.
    People are really having trouble wrapping their heads around this lol.

I'm hoping that if The Batman is a big hit, they'll try again with a DC Cinematic Universe. Imagine if The Suicide Squad is also a hit, and they add something connecting it to The Batman, and they can get things going. It has all the potential to be as good as the MCU, and they've completely squandered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I'm hoping that if The Batman is a big hit, they'll try again with a DC Cinematic Universe. Imagine if The Suicide Squad is also a hit, and they add something connecting it to The Batman, and they can get things going. It has all the potential to be as good as the MCU, and they've completely squandered it.
    I don't know if they could re-work Suicide Squad to connect to it given the Harley issue.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    As long as you are not going to take a liking to Star Wars you will be fine ��
    SW don't even get me started on that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to let us know.
    Or do you have nothing to do?
    Why do you think people posting have nothing to do? Same for ZS you told him to get a job because he's posting on social media...

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Aren’t you just a ray of Sunshine?
    Kidding aside, props for at least acknowledging your mood. Looks like you’ll be staying away from the theaters for a while!
    Which is funny because I used to be optimistic about everything lol. I probably will still go see them if family or friends want to as I won't go on my own like I did JL/WW/AM if no one is available.

I just don't know if this fatigue thing will go away. It looked like it might've a few months ago as I picked up some books and was enjoying them but then a few weeks later went back to normal.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Every actor in the Suicide Squad movie has said the film will be very comedic compared to the first film. Not sure if it will be the type of movie to connect with Reeves The Batman in a shared universe from a tone point of view.

Outside of direct sequels or spin offs I don't think the DC films will have a shared universe continuity for the foreseeable future. Shared universes need a level of consistency, commitment, planning and organisation that doesn't really seem to be a strong suit at WB right now.

I feel like the non-Batman related franchises could probably maintain a loosely knit shared universe Shazam, Black Adam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, New Gods and The Flash could probably co-exist without treading on each others toes. There isn't any reported plans for more team ups or crossovers like the Justice League or BvS so the need for a shared universe important right now.

WW84 looks fun and I'm wondering if Maxwell Lord is gonna be a mix between Maxwell Lord and Dr. Psycho.

I have vague curiosity about Birds of Prey and Suicide Squad, mostly Ewan McGregor and Peter Capaldi. However the alternate universe rumor feels unnecessary.

I'd be excited for a Justice League Dark film.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Every actor in the Suicide Squad movie has said the film will be very comedic compared to the first film. Not sure if it will be the type of movie to connect with Reeves The Batman in a shared universe from a tone point of view.

Outside of direct sequels or spin offs I don't think the DC films will have a shared universe continuity for the foreseeable future. Shared universes need a level of consistency, commitment, planning and organisation that doesn't really seem to be a strong suit at WB right now.

I feel like the non-Batman related franchises could probably maintain a loosely knit shared universe Shazam, Black Adam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, New Gods and The Flash could probably co-exist without treading on each others toes. There isn't any reported plans for more team ups or crossovers like the Justice League or BvS so the need for a shared universe important right now.
    MCU has movies of different genres, styles and tones and it works fine. What matters is that the level of quality remains the same.

Aquaman and Shazam were also ostensibly planned as being in the same universe as Batman v. Superman and yet tonally they couldn't be any more different from that movie. I'm not sure what tone has to do with continuity.

Read the test screening leaks for BoP. No spoilers, but the plot itself looks... inoffensive (at the least, it's been confirmed that they're cutting out the stupidest part already), so the film's quality will probably come down to writing and action scenes.

That said, Cassandra Cain fans will probably hate it on principle.