Page 435 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535935 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 20948
    Retired

If it wasn't called BIRDS OF PREY and it was just Harley Quinn and a random bunch of women you never heard of, it would probably have less to prove and have a better chance. But the title made us think we were going to get something else. Of course, the general audience doesn't have such expectations, so it might do well on the strength of Margot Robbie's performance.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Read the test screening leaks for BoP. No spoilers, but the plot itself looks... inoffensive (at the least, it's been confirmed that they're cutting out the stupidest part already), so the film's quality will probably come down to writing and action scenes.

That said, Cassandra Cain fans will probably hate it on principle.
    What's the stupidest part??

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'd also like to know.

I suspect it's that Canary is listed as using knives...

https://www.spencers***********/blog...haracter-bios/
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    spoilers:
    Originally, the data drive that Black Mask is obsessed with getting turns out to be a picture of a naked statue of himself, with particualr focus to the groin.

Its's supposed to be changed to just evidence that can lock him away.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Talking

spoilers:
    Originally, the data drive that Black Mask is obsessed with getting turns out to be a picture of a naked statue of himself, with particualr focus to the groin.

Its's supposed to be changed to just evidence that can lock him away.
    end of spoilers
    I maybe the only Black Mask fan around here but it still made me laugh.

That said, Cassandra Cain fans will probably hate it on principle.
    Yeah, I didn't expect that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I didn't expect that to change.
    Does BoP Cass honestly have ANYTHING in common with comic Cass? Because it looks like they’ve got the same name and nothing else. Really hope they don’t turn comic Cass into a Harley fan girl in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Does BoP Cass honestly have ANYTHING in common with comic Cass? Because it looks like they’ve got the same name and nothing else. Really hope they don’t turn comic Cass into a Harley fan girl in the comics.
    I saw the quick cameo of the old Birds of Prey during CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths and it made me smile. My first thought was "I remember that show!!! It was pretty bad. Nothing like the comic at all... ughhh but still better than the movie looks to be." I'm not a huge BoP fan, but even I recognize they can't seem to catch a break....

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She's Asian...?

My guess is that they looked at Asian superheroes, found Cass and said "Let's put her in the movie for diversity points!" without knowing anything about her.

Honestly, BoP is looking like the bad spot of an otherwise solid rebuilding of the brand. They could've made an actual Birds of Prey movie based on Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone's runs with Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, Lady Blackhawk, and even add Cass (since Gail wanted to use her), with the characters actually being recognizable and the movie would be much better for it. Like, distill both runs, and also the Batgirl Cass run, into a movie and you got yourself a winner.

Not only is this a bad Harley Quinn vehicle (which is really bad considering she has nothing to do with BoP), but the other characters don't even look recognizable to their comic counterparts. Huntress only looks somewhat recognizable, if you look hard enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What are the Cass spoilers?

Anyway, they really could have done a nice sub-set of intermingling properties with the BOP, Gotham Sirens and even the Secret Six and adapted all the character faithfully. As it stands this might still be a very good movie on its own merits, but looks more dicey as a representation of the characters

So, take this with a grain of salt of course, but...

According to known leaker Mikey Sutton, they're developing a Legion of Super-Heroes series for HBO Max.

Other possible projects mentioned include:
    Batgirl movie
    Booster Gold movie
    Zatanna movie
    Kingdom Come miniseries
    Swamp Thing revival

Sounds promising, but remember that right now it's just a rumor. We'll see how it plays out *fingers crossed*.

Thoughts?

The Booster and Batgirl movie have been talked about for a while, but nothing's seem to come of it.

I think a Justice League Dark film is more likely then a Zatanna solo film, as much as I would prefer the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Booster and Batgirl movie have been talked about for a while, but nothing's seem to come of it.

I think a Justice League Dark film is more likely then a Zatanna solo film, as much as I would prefer the latter.
    There have also been rumors of Blue Beetle, Question, Lobo and Metal Men shows. If all this is true, DC will be very important part of the HBO Max content plan.

Do you think the possible Legion of Super-Heroes show would work well?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If its true, is clark going to be part of it or will it be jon,kara or conner? If this is true this is the most exciting thing i will be looking forward to.