Page 444 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544944 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 20948
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Race isn't essential to Dinah. The birds don't necessarily need costumes but what they wear is just so unappealing. I don't care about zsasz or Cass. Fine to throw them under the bus. Jury's still out on black mask. I definitely hate Harley because she appeals to the GA for all the wrong reasons

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Race isn't essential to Dinah. The birds don't necessarily need costumes but what they wear is just so unappealing. I don't care about zsasz or Cass. Fine to throw them under the bus. Jury's still out on black mask. I definitely hate Harley because she appeals to the GA for all the wrong reasons
    Well, unappealing is subjective. Personally I love the style.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The main problem is that this version of Black Canary looks damn near unrecognizable. I never would've guessed it was her if they didn't tell me. Cass has it just as bad, as she comes across as just being an OC with Cass' name slapped on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The main problem is that this version of Black Canary looks damn near unrecognizable. I never would've guessed it was her if they didn't tell me. Cass has it just as bad, as she comes across as just being an OC with Cass' name slapped on.
    Blond, the right color palette for clothes, a fairly comics accurate costume in some scenes, fishnet, chokers...I recognized her.

I would've preferred BoP to have Oracle and deal with the Killing Joke. I was interested in having Harley be an accessory to the Joker's scheme. I wanted Harley to deal with someone she's hurt before.

She's a fun character but she is a villain so i rather not sanitize her. I don't really care for Barbara as Batgirl so i don't mind skipping it (same with Dick as Robin).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some random stuff...

‘Joker’: Kevin Smith Claims A Bleak Alternate Ending Was Considered: https://heroichollywood.com/joker-ke...ernate-ending/

Suicide Squad Director Reveals Enchantress Was Originally Building a Boom Tube: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/29/...id-appearance/

BoP wishes you a Happy New Year, lol: https://twitter.com/bestofjurnee/sta...80777957404672

BoP and WW84 stills from Empire Magazine:

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Blond, the right color palette for clothes, a fairly comics accurate costume in some scenes, fishnet, chokers...I recognized her.
    Where is this fairly comic-accurate costume?

And I don't think a color palette and fishnets that aren't even on her legs work to that effect. Most people probably recognize her just because they know that's supposed to be Black Canary even if she doesn't really look at all like comic Dinah.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is this fairly comic-accurate costume?

And I don't think a color palette and fishnets that aren't even on her legs work to that effect. Most people probably recognize her just because they know that's supposed to be Black Canary even if she doesn't really look at all like comic Dinah.
    Fishnets on legs...
    IMG_20191227_113341.jpg

And fairly comics accurate costume...
    IMG_20191230_135704.jpg

Whatever happens, I doubt fans would end up hating this version of Black Canary as much as they did the Katie Cassidy version. The bar is considered to be pretty low at the moment.

Fantastic Member

And quite frankly, even the nightclub outfit is more comics accurate than anything they've given us on Arrow.

Fishnets on legs...
    IMG_20191227_113341.jpg

And fairly comics accurate costume...
    IMG_20191230_135704.jpg
    It's nice to see she wears fishnets at least once.

As far as "fairly comics accurate costume," they couldn't have done that to a Black Canary look that was actually popular or memorable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Whatever happens, I doubt fans would end up hating this version of Black Canary as much as they did the Katie Cassidy version. The bar is considered to be pretty low at the moment.
    You'd be surprised. Katie Cassidy's Canary in the final season of Arrow has actually seemed to really grow on people. I've seen fans saying "where was this Black Canary in all the earlier seasons?"
    And quite frankly, even the nightclub outfit is more comics accurate than anything they've given us on Arrow.
    Her current look isn't half-bad for a TV costume.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Who defines what is insufferable and hypocritical?
    Anyone who is a good person and has sense can see spewing racist crap and attacking actors is toxic, but beyond that being critical of a production that doesn't seem to be adhering close to any of the characters it is utilizing save Harley seems fair.

If it ultimately is a good film it will succeed on its own merits and the complaints will just be noise. If it fails, it can fail on its own merits as a film and lack of faithfulness to the source material can be a justifiable reason for why fans don't like it in addition to any other complaints they may have.
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR question? What source material do you go by to pander to the entitled crybaby comic book fan?

All these ladies had their OWN books. They have all been around for 20+ years. Let not forget that tv show from 2001.

So what version do the entitled comic book fan want? Chuck Dixon, Terry Moore, Gilbert Hernandez, Gail Simone, Tony Bedard, Sean McKeever, Duane Swierczynski, Shawna Benson or Julie Benson's version?

There are 31 trades and 9 series writers and that does not count the creator-Jordan Gorfinkel's version that did not make it to print.

So what version folks? That justifies attacking an actress of color? Justifies being critical of a production that is NOT OBLIGATED to follow any source?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as "fairly comics accurate costume," they couldn't have done that to a Black Canary look that was actually popular or memorable?
    Soo..."They didn't do this and they didn't do that."
    "Yeah they did, it's right here."
    "Oh...well...okay, yeah, but..."

She was never going to wear a strapless swimsuit with fishnets, a leather jacket and high heel bolero boots. Sorry if that's what you were waiting for.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR question? What source material do you go by to pander to the entitled crybaby comic book fan?

All these ladies had their OWN books. They have all been around for 20+ years. Let not forget that tv show from 2001.

So what version do the entitled comic book fan want? Chuck Dixon, Terry Moore, Gilbert Hernandez, Gail Simone, Tony Bedard, Sean McKeever, Duane Swierczynski, Shawna Benson or Julie Benson's version?

There are 31 trades and 9 series writers and that does not count the creator-Jordan Gorfinkel's version that did not make it to print.

So what version folks? That justifies attacking an actress of color? Justifies being critical of a production that is NOT OBLIGATED to follow any source?
    Obviously none of them, because none of us are using it as justification to attack the actress. Frontier and I even said we have no problem with the castings, it's the story directions that may prove iffy.

And wait, do you not care about faithfullness now? Because last page you were making comments about the movie's focus on Harley being a bad sign and how the rest of the characters would get thrown under the bus over her if this fails. Which is it?