Page 459 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Why? Not even James Wan dared to do it with Aquaman. He liked JL fine (he commented so on twitter after he saw it back in 2018).

JL wasn't terrible, it had good stuff, mostly character moments. It just wasn't great like it should, but it's all WB and Snyder's fault.
    Aquaman was too far along by the time JL flopped to reboot the timeline. I actually think a mid-credit scene/post-credit scene featuring Lex recruiting Manta for the Legion of Doom may have been the first casualty of JL bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aquaman was too far along by the time JL flopped to reboot the timeline. I actually think a mid-credit scene/post-credit scene featuring Lex recruiting Manta for the Legion of Doom may have been the first casualty of JL bombing.
    Aquaman came out a year later after JL, but Wan still included a JL line. Short but he did included it.

Time will tell if WW84 reboots the universe or not, or the Flash movie. I think the most likely thing WB will do is just ignore what didn't work and continue with what they think it does. It's annoying to have continuity problems and contradictions, but WW, JL and Aquaman already have contradicted some things Snyder established and general audiences didn't mind it seems, just us the fans.

Any way, my local radio station is promoting Birds of Prey movie now, and they said this was the 8th DC film. Someone is counting at least haha. Funny, they apparently included Joker in this continuity..

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nah. Just about the only people who seriously thought WW1984 would retcon the timeline were fans of Grace Randolph, who has a history of making up nonsense. People had been speculating about Flashpoint bringing about continuity changes ever since it was first announced.
    I think Grace has been more hit than miss these last few months.

Grace was the first one to break the Obi Wan story and she definitely broke a lot of the details about WW84 and BOP before anyone else
    She is very well informed she just happens to have a lot of personal biases that color her commentary

I don't hold her analysis as gospel but when she reports something it is more often then not proven right.

BANNED

They just do what DC did from Earth 2 to 1. Move parts of it away while changing others.

I haven't seen as much outrage for Birds of Prey as I did for Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I haven't seen as much outrage for Birds of Prey as I did for Captain Marvel.
    I have. Especially when it comes to Jurnee Smollett.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Any way, my local radio station is promoting Birds of Prey movie now, and they said this was the 8th DC film. Someone is counting at least haha. Funny, they apparently included Joker in this continuity..
    Well, yes! Joker is part of the DCEU!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well, yes! Joker is part of the DCEU!
    Not the solo film version, different continuity. And we'll never see the Suicide Squad version again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not the solo film version, different continuity. And we'll never see the Suicide Squad version again.
    Nah, it's the same continuity! There are multiple Jokers in the comics and in Gotham too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Nah, it's the same continuity! There are multiple Jokers in the comics and in Gotham too.
    Except that it is clearly not on top of the director and actor saying so. It's a separate universe from the main DC film universe.

Nope. Todd Phillips has said he'd like to see someone create a Batman for Phoenix's Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I have. Especially when it comes to Jurnee Smollett.
    Sure, if you go looking for it. But, in general discussions, I haven't seen as much vitriol for Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Sure, if you go looking for it. But, in general discussions, I haven't seen as much vitriol for Birds of Prey.
    You're kidding right? This thread alone has plenty of negative comments every time the movie comes up. You don't have to go that far back to find them. Check io9, the mary sue, screen rant, comic book movie, there is no shortage of hatred for this film. I don't have to look for it, it's there.