Page 464 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://deadline.com/2020/02/hbo-max...el-1202852403/

Warner Bros. has made a new film label for the HBO Max streaming service, aptly named Warner Max. They're going to be making mid-range films, eight to ten a year, for the service. I imagine DC is in the equation. In particular, I can see The Trench and the rumored Amazons spin-off being on there.

Anything else we might see? Anything you want to see?
    I think those spinoffs would be better ideas for a streaming service then to actually release in theaters. Leave that to the tentpoles.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Birds Of Prey opening weekend has generated just over 81 million worldwide. That's not very good.

This is a modestly budgeted film for it's type so it's certainly not the end of the world for the studio. It will struggle to get into the profitability zone though. There's not much competition over the coming weeks so hopefully the movie can stay competitive.

It's also the first DC movie in years that I haven't felt invested in personally. I don't like the idea of Cassandra Cain's name being slapped on some generic 'street kid on the run' character.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Birds Of Prey opening weekend has generated just over 81 million worldwide. That's not very good.

This is a modestly budgeted film for it's type so it's certainly not the end of the world for the studio. It will struggle to get into the profitability zone though. There's not much competition over the coming weeks so hopefully the movie can stay competitive.

It's also the first DC movie in years that I haven't felt invested in personally. I don't like the idea of Cassandra Cain's name being slapped on some generic 'street kid on the run' character.
    Sonic is coming. If men were really in the large portion who saw the movie. Then it will cut it's legs and affect i believe.speaking for myself, i am more excited for that.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Sonic is coming. If men were really in the large portion who saw the movie. Then it will cut it's legs and affect i believe.speaking for myself, i am more excited for that.
    I know that Sonic is imminent. It's yet another movie that I can't see doing that well though. I'm not sure how much the general public is really relishing a Sonic The Hedgehog movie. I can't see it doing better than any of the numerous flops in recent years that seem to have been developed for the sake of it rather than some huge, surging public demand.

I have nothing against it though. If it does better than I'm personally expecting then good luck to it.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly there’s more to be happy over than anything. This movie doesn’t have a huge budget so I expect it will make a profit, it’s another critical success that helps bolster DC’s brand, the writer of BoP will be doing Flash so hopefully Flash will also be a critical success, and maybe DC will stop shoving Harley into everything now that it’s shown she doesn’t just magically make everything sell better.
    In all honesty, they may have waited too long to bring Harley back. Still, it was quite an enjoyable film.

I know that Sonic is imminent. It's yet another movie that I can't see doing that well though. I'm not sure how much the general public is really relishing a Sonic The Hedgehog movie. I can't see it doing better than any of the numerous flops in recent years that seem to have been developed for the sake of it rather than some huge, surging public demand.

I have nothing against it though. If it does better than I'm personally expecting then good luck to it.
    Sonic has good buzz from what i have seen. Especially, the design change has struck a chord with people. I don't think it will be a flop. It's a kid friendly movie and has kids in it. It is fun. Most of all it took the core fans or audience along and their opinions into consideration. So, yeah! That movie is going to be competition. Especially, if men were the audience of bop.

I am pretty pumped about it myself. Black canary is one of my favorites. I wasn't pumped for bop, i was honestly disappointed and decided to skip it because of harley and the suicide squad like feel. I just recently changed my mind regarding the movie.

I enjoyed the movie. Thought it was fun and definitely worth seeing. However, I haven’t been reading DC that long. I honestly didn’t know Harley Quinn was a major character at all. If they didn’t see Suicide Squad, would a casual fan have heard of her? Marvel is different. People are so invested in that universe that they can do nearly any character and it will make decent money because it’s “connected” to the larger universe. I think that’s wrong and people should be interested in a movie based off its quality but I just think Harley isn’t as easy a sell as WB thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I enjoyed the movie. Thought it was fun and definitely worth seeing. However, I haven’t been reading DC that long. I honestly didn’t know Harley Quinn was a major character at all. If they didn’t see Suicide Squad, would a casual fan have heard of her? Marvel is different. People are so invested in that universe that they can do nearly any character and it will make decent money because it’s “connected” to the larger universe. I think that’s wrong and people should be interested in a movie based off its quality but I just think Harley isn’t as easy a sell as WB thinks.
    Harley sells, that's all i know. She was popular. Especially, in batman the animated series.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Harley sells, that's all i know. She was popular. Especially, in batman the animated series.
    Harley became popular AFTER the BTAS. She popular in comics, The harley animated show, DCsHg etc. The BtAS version isn't that popular though the one comic fans like but it's not the one majority like nor the one that made her popular

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Harley became popular AFTER the BTAS. She popular in comics, The harley animated show, DCsHg etc. The BtAS version isn't that popular though the one comic fans like but it's not the one majority like nor the one that made her popular
    Yeah! I meant that. Worded it carelessly. But, you don't have a metric to say if people like this or that version. Tas was fine.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    She became popular DURING BTAS. That's why she was brought over into the comics in the first place. If there wasn't popular reception there, they would have left her there.

Ultimate Member

There is also a three day weekend coming up-well 4 if you are a kid in some school districts.

Even with softer competition it still has to be in theaters. Here in Dallas-if you don't go see it between now and Thursday at various theaters-you going be left with only THREE theaters showing it President's Day weekend. After that ONE.

At the top of the box office is WB's Birds of Prey, finishing with an estimated $33.25 million from 4,236 theaters (fourth widest ever for an R-rated release), falling well short of industry expectations as well as the studio's anticipated $45 million start. Things looked good heading into the weekend with the film receiving a strong critical response -- 81% on RottenTomatoes and 60 on Metacritic -- which was then followed by an "B+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences and an 83% audience score on RottenTomatoes. However, it appears there just wasn't enough audience to push this one as high as most expected, though word of mouth may be able to keep it alive over the coming weeks if it proves to be more than just a niche film.

Warner Bros.
    Opening weekend crowds for Birds of Prey were 51% female with 65% of the audience coming in aged 25 or older. The film scored best with younger audiences, of which gave the film an "A-" CinemaScore, which suggests the R-rating may have been a major reason the film struggled to take flight, especially considering its predecessor, Suicide Squad, was a PG-13 feature and debuted with $133 million. It will be interesting to see what WB does with next year's The Suicide Squad, which is currently expected to be R-rated. Will that now change?

Internationally, Birds of Prey debuted in 78 markets with an estimated $48 million. Leading the way was Mexico with an estimated $4.6 million launch followed by Russia ($4m), UK ($3.9m), Brazil ($2.8m), France ($2.7m), Australia ($2.7m), Indonesia ($2.4m), Korea ($1.9m), Germany ($1.8m), Taiwan ($1.5m), Italy ($1.4m) and Spain ($1.38m). Japan will be the final market to open on March 20.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/articl...?ref_=bo_hm_hp

In all fairness it seems like WB just can't help themselves learning the wrong lesson again and again. Just because Joker was R-rated doesn't mean that every villain-led movie has to be as well. A movie about The Joker also sells itself, I don't think you can say the same for his former sidekick, as popular as she may be. Robin is popular too, would you do a spin-off about him and expect Batman numbers. I guess it's kind of sad since I'm hearing lots of positive reactions about BoP, but it is what it is. I think this is a situation that falls totally on the studio for how they chose to handle the tone and marketing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-09-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Sonic has good buzz from what i have seen. Especially, the design change has struck a chord with people. I don't think it will be a flop. It's a kid friendly movie and has kids in it. It is fun. Most of all it took the core fans or audience along and their opinions into consideration. So, yeah! That movie is going to be competition. Especially, if men were the audience of bop.

I am pretty pumped about it myself. Black canary is one of my favorites. I wasn't pumped for bop, i was honestly disappointed and decided to skip it because of harley and the suicide squad like feel. I just recently changed my mind regarding the movie.
    I'd like to see the movie do well as a Sonic fan, and because of all the work they went to in order to fix the design after people complained.

Plus, it would be nice to have a video game movie actually do well.