Page 473 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

The joker is not a dceu movie and the dceu does not have more varied tones or story then the mcu.
    The dceu tones are either dark,light or somewhere in the middle just like the mcu.
    The mcu tends to have more varied light tones then the dceu however.

Of course the dceu darkest films are darker on average then the darkest of the mcu films so far and the lightest tone dceu films is not as light as lightest of the mcu films.

All vary in tone but my point is the mcu has more varied story and hero types.
    You can't find magicians or sorcerers or superheroes becoming small or huge in the dceu so far,so that's my other point.
    Anyway all these above makes the mcu films more varied then the dceu films.
    Now it looks like the dceu will have more varied types of stories,hero types and maybe more varied tones down the road but the mcu is still ahead of the dceu when it comes to diversity of films.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2020 at 10:28 AM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ide_squad_set/

Looks like Robbie is back filming The Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    The fact you want to call it a meme when like this is a 4chan forum makes it hard to take you seriously.
    Well harder at least, since you have an axe to grind against the MCU and clearly want any reason to insult it, especially when you start talking like you speak for the fandom
    Nothing I said was an insult to the MCU.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Yeah.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The joker is not a dceu movie and the dceu does not have more varied tones or story then the mcu....
    So, is the only reason why I'm receiving so much pushback from, what I think is a self-evident point, is because people think the concept the MCU sharing a similar tone means that the MCU is bad? This does not mean the MCU is bad. This is a strength of the MCU and primary reason as to why they are successful.

My statement that the DCEU is more diverse than the MCU does make the DCEU is better.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ide_squad_set/

Looks like Robbie is back filming The Suicide Squad.

What outfit will Harley wear this time ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The joker is not a dceu movie and the dceu does not have more varied tones or story then the mcu.
    The dceu tones are either dark,light or somewhere in the middle just like the mcu.
    The mcu tends to have more varied light tones then the dceu however.

Of course the dceu darkest films are darker on average then the darkest of the mcu films so far and the lightest tone dceu films is not as light as lightest of the mcu films.

All vary in tone but my point is the mcu has more varied story and hero types.
    You can't find magicians or sorcerers or superheroes becoming small or huge in the dceu so far,so that's my other point.
    Anyway all these above makes the mcu films more varied then the dceu films.
    Now it looks like the dceu will have more varied types of stories,hero types and maybe more varied tones down the road but the mcu is still ahead of the dceu when it comes to diversity of films.
    There isn't really a DCEU anymore. Now it's basically all just DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this is basically true. I don't think WB/DC is too concerned about the shared universe anymore. The films that shared the JL continuity are still technically a part of that continuity (plus Shazam), but they're only acknowledging what they want to and seem to be ignoring the rest. And Joker shows that they're not determined to make all their films co-exist in the same setting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Article/Interview - Wonder Woman 1984 - How a top-secret love story and brand new armor promise to make the sequel sing: https://ew.com/movies/2020/02/11/won...l-gadot-cover/

Images from EW:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So, is the only reason why I'm receiving so much pushback from, what I think is a self-evident point, is because people think the concept the MCU sharing a similar tone means that the MCU is bad? This does not mean the MCU is bad. This is a strength of the MCU and primary reason as to why they are successful.

My statement that the DCEU is more diverse than the MCU does make the DCEU is better.
    I have not seen joker yet but is the tone of the joker similar to the dark knight films and early dceu?
    If it is and if joker were to be in the dceu(it's not) that would not make the tone of the dceu still more varied then the mcu.
    More varied tones does not make a cinematic universe better.
    It's development of stories and characters first with combination of other things.
    So saying the dceu has a more varied tone(it does not) makes them better then dceu is false.

There is 3 basic tones,light,middle and dark.
    The mcu like the dceu has all 3 basic tones but i would say the mcu has more variety inbetween those 3.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This looks great. I am glad. Btw! Wonder woman holding a guy by the leg reminds me of goldenage superman.

Whatever this is lol

Harley red and black is back
    I'll miss the blue and pink look
    also RIP Javelin

BANNED

there never was the "DCEU" was never an official term, and all we ever knew was that Snyder's films followed a narrative that some other one-off films may or may not be connected to. so again, there was never a DCEU. the way it is now is how they always envisioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like this is basically true. I don't think WB/DC is too concerned about the shared universe anymore.
    I don't think there's any evidence out there that they ever were concerned about that.