Page 494 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594994 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think a Justice League show with a similar tone to the one from the 00s (pre-teens and up) but with more depth, new stories, worlds and bringing new and popular characters like Jessica Cruz, Constantine (on occasions), Mera, etc. Make it a bit funny, but not silly. Develop the characters and show them interact in compelling and fun ways. I'd love a show like that. They could also bring back JL Action for the kids. We need the kids to love DC characters too.
    I think of anything JLA definitely deserves a revival. It was ended wayyyy too soon.

Do you think a BTAS revival would include characters that weren't in the original?

I was thinking that because the comic miniseries includes Jason Todd, Deathstroke, and Azrael. I can see them including those characters in a revival. Admittedly, something they could easily hype is the fact that they're not only reviving BTAS, but also bringing in never before seen characters into the show.

If they want to have Harley split from Joker like her post-DCAU status quo, I could see them bringing in the new henchwoman they're hyping up as a big new character, Punchline.

Also, if they want to get meta about it, they could include Elmer Fudd -- yes, that Elmer Fudd from Looney Tunes, but the rebooted one made to fit the Batman mythos.

Finally, in the spirit of BTAS including lesser-knowns crossing over on occasion, I'd have Bats go on a mystical adventure with John Constantine that's played up for all the humor it could have.

Anyone else they could include?

Court of Owls and the Talons.

I know, the Court's kinda overdone these days. But a Timmverse Court could be pretty damn freaky.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    BTAS was lightning in a bottle. You're lucky to catch it once; it's next to impossible to do it twice.

Doing a BTAS but "a bit darker" would do little to reach new audiences, and that's what DC is in need of. Not more stuff for their old audience. And the world has changed since then. I'm also far from sure that Timm and Dini are the right people to help DC reach new audiences.

Agreed. Even BTAS went downhill in the later years. They changed art styles and it was just... bad. Besides, Timm was involved in Killing Joke and pushed the 'Bruce/Babs/Dick triangle that everyone hates so much. I really feel his time with Batman should be a wonderful footnote... but something that needs to move on from.

Now that I've been talking about it, and that they're making a DCAU comic with Dini/Burnett... does anyone else actually kind of suspect they might return to this now?

When's the last time they did a DCAU comic anyways? And both Paul Dini and Alan Burnett are writing it (essentially meaning it's not just some glorified fanfic, but the real deal), and Timm is still with DC making stuff (he made Batman and Harley Quinn, and Justice League vs. The Fearsome Five, both recognized as DCAU). Not to mention HBO Max is Warner's mega service that seems the most likely to host it yet they don't have a flagship DC animated show yet.

So it could happen. It might not be so surprising if they announce "Batman: The Animated Series is back!" somewhere, sometime.

I just hope they go for the style of the original, as opposed to TNBA (which I don't hate, but is obviously inferior). If they got the trio of Dini/Timm/Burnett all on board, it could work well.

Would you be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just wondering, how would you react if they made a Batman: The Animated Series revival on HBO Max?

Featuring reprisals of as many of the original cast as possible, like Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamill as Joker, Loren Lester as Nightwing and so on (but exceptions like Melissa Rouch replacing Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn, due to the latter's retirement) and with Bruce Timm as the head? And with the style being like that of the original, but in HD, and being a bit darker given the platform and intended audience.

It was an idea I've seen proposed elsewhere and wanted to see what you guys thought.
    I’d much rather have a Wonder Woman show in the DCAU style. Lord knows Diana is long overdue for one. Heck, I’d even be interested in a Static Shock revival.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'd think a BTAS revival would probably try to incorporate the 90's era or focal characters they didn't get to on the show. We're already seeing that in the comic with Azrael and Jason Todd Red Hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’d much rather have a Wonder Woman show in the DCAU style. Lord knows Diana is long overdue for one. Heck, I’d even be interested in a Static Shock revival.
    Just not with Timm. He never really seemed to "get" Wonder Woman.

James Tucker seems to have a better idea or interested in a Wonder Woman cartoon though.

On the topic of something new, here's something I wanted to see before:

Would you guys be interested if they made an animated series starring Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The successes of Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Joker are frequently recognized.

As is the nuance of BvS making most of its money in its first week and dropping steeply afterward and having the legs cut out from under it because it sucked and had poor word of mouth. The MCU has little to do with it.
    You 100% misunderstood what I was saying, in fact, you probably just proved my point.

What I'm saying is that its ridiculous to label DC films as failures knowing that they are currently WBs largest box office successes.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 03-04-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Would you guys be interested if they made an animated series starring Nightwing?
    There was one that was actually pitched around and had concept art. Raven was planned to be in it.

Now that I've been talking about it, and that they're making a DCAU comic with Dini/Burnett... does anyone else actually kind of suspect they might return to this now?

Would you be interested?
    Maybe? If it's just a rehash of the show then no. The show was good (I'm not a cartoon guy, but my son loved that show when I got him the blu-ray) but if I want to revisit it I'll just watch it again.

But if it had something new to say and/or do? Then sure. I'd introduce my kids to it at any rate, and there's a slim, outside chance I might even watch it for myself.

A (well made) Nightwing show I would be all over, cartoon guy or not. I'd support that show so hard it'd make my wife jealous!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Neat. I like going back to the basics. Didn't want another tank.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Definitely looks like they're going for a more grounded, smaller scale, vibe with the Batmobile looking like an actual car and how the suit looks.

Do you think a BTAS revival would include characters that weren't in the original?

I was thinking that because the comic miniseries includes Jason Todd, Deathstroke, and Azrael. I can see them including those characters in a revival. Admittedly, something they could easily hype is the fact that they're not only reviving BTAS, but also bringing in never before seen characters into the show.
    Tim in the series was basically Jason in all but name (interviews even said that Timm and Dini wanted to use Jason, but were told not to).

Deathstroke, eh, hard to say. But as Slade, he was used extensively in the animated Teen Titans series (which came in at the tail end of the DCAU).