Page 499 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 20948

Any DC movies you think might be made for streaming through that Warner Max label?

They made that film label specifically to develop 8-10 mid-range movies a year for the HBO Max service, and said movies are material that would likely struggle at the box office in today's very uncertain environment. DC will likely be a major factor here, and they might make some DC Black movies this way. I bet that The Trench and the rumored Amazons spin-off (assuming the latter isn't a series) will end up here.

As for something I want to see personally: I wouldn't mind if they made a ******action Batman: Gotham by Gaslight adaptation. It would be pretty neat to see that Elseworld story come to life, with a steampunk world based on Victorian London where Batman fights Jack the Ripper. This should have an emphasis on practical effects, and the relaxed standards of streaming can mean it can be appropriately R-rated.

Anything else that would be a good fit?

Apparently Christian Bale has been cast as the villain for the next Thor movie. Two for Batman actors as Marvel villains. Waiting for Affleck to be cast as Dr. Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    As for something I want to see personally: I wouldn't mind if they made a ******action Batman: Gotham by Gaslight adaptation. It would be pretty neat to see that Elseworld story come to life, with a steampunk world based on Victorian London where Batman fights Jack the Ripper. This should have an emphasis on practical effects, and the relaxed standards of streaming can mean it can be appropriately R-rated.
    These aesthetics look like a modern day Gotham by Gaslight

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wait, which Hawkgirl are we getting?

Don't tell me they're gonna do Hawkworld!).
    No idea. All we know is that The Hawks will debut in the Black Adam film, with the JSA. I’m curious who they’ll cast as Hawkgirl! Better not mess up as she’s one of DC’s most popular and iconic heroines.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    No idea. All we know is that The Hawks will debut in the Black Adam film, with the JSA. I’m curious who they’ll cast as Hawkgirl! Better not mess up as she’s one of DC’s most popular and iconic heroines.
    I'm hopeful the movies will be able to redeem the Hawks in ******action, assuming they don't use Hawkgirl at the expense of Hawkman again.

Any DC movies you think might be made for streaming through that Warner Max label?

They made that film label specifically to develop 8-10 mid-range movies a year for the HBO Max service, and said movies are material that would likely struggle at the box office in today's very uncertain environment. DC will likely be a major factor here, and they might make some DC Black movies this way. I bet that The Trench and the rumored Amazons spin-off (assuming the latter isn't a series) will end up here.

Anything else that would be a good fit?
    Agreed on Gotham by Gaslight, the animated movie could have used more horror type gore and violence since it's Jack the Ripper. And while I agree on practical effects, I wouldn't mind using CG to bring a Victorian era Gotham to life like the RDJ films did for London.

On a very similar note, for all the reasons why Gotham by Gaslight would work so well, I'd also love to see the Doom that Came to Gotham. Although you might need CG for some of the creature type stuff.

I was thinking of suggesting Red Son Superman, but that's a bit too big, kind of has to be theater. On the other hand, everything I've heard about Superman Smashes the Klan makes me think it would be a good fit. Haven't read it yet though, waiting for the trade.

The recent Black Label books Harleen and Harley/Joker Criminal Sanity honestly seems perfect for this sort of project. I've only read the first issue of Criminal Sanity, but the true crime angle seems like you can do pretty easily on a smaller budget and is a pretty popular genre. And I freaking loved Harleen, and it's another one that shouldn't cost much at all. Mostly a psychological piece.

The old Joker OGN would be a good pick, although people might find the character design too close to the Heath Ledger version (yes I know the book came first).

I would definitely include more kid and YA targeted films in such a line up. The YA Lois Lane books would be perfect for a few films or a short miniseries perhaps, and the upcoming OGN Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge looks like it could be a cute animated movie. I haven't read anything from the Zoom/Ink lines yet but there's probably some good stuff there. The soon to be released Batman Overdrive is on my wishlist, a teen Batman origin for the newest generation. That looks good.

So mostly Elseworlds, Black Label, YA/kid/Zoom/Ink, and other out of continuity stuff, and a good chunk of it new. So to pick a few titles that are more usually in continuity and more established...

Batman and the Monster Men & Batman and the Mad Monk. While you could do these with a bit higher budget for theaters, they could work in the mid range here. I prefer Monster Men to the Mad Monk by the way.

The Man Who Laughs and The Killing Joke are both Batman vs Joker stories that could work here.

Sorry most of my picks are Batman stories, I only read Batman, Superman (and Lois Lane!), and Wonder Woman, and most of the Supes and Wondie stuff is too big for this tier of film.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Apparently Christian Bale has been cast as the villain for the next Thor movie. Two for Batman actors as Marvel villains. Waiting for Affleck to be cast as Dr. Doom.
    I dunno - I could see Clooney as Past Pot Pete.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

There are 2 great Justice League movies: JL Doom (Montgomery,McDuffie,Conroy, hate Tower of Babel as an experienced JL story but it works as a year one or year two) and Final Frontier (based on the Darwyn Cooke GN)

Gotham by Gaslight has the best onscreen Catwoman

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed on Gotham by Gaslight, the animated movie could have used more horror type gore and violence since it's Jack the Ripper. And while I agree on practical effects, I wouldn't mind using CG to bring a Victorian era Gotham to life like the RDJ films did for London.

On a very similar note, for all the reasons why Gotham by Gaslight would work so well, I'd also love to see the Doom that Came to Gotham. Although you might need CG for some of the creature type stuff.

I was thinking of suggesting Red Son Superman, but that's a bit too big, kind of has to be theater. On the other hand, everything I've heard about Superman Smashes the Klan makes me think it would be a good fit. Haven't read it yet though, waiting for the trade.

The recent Black Label books Harleen and Harley/Joker Criminal Sanity honestly seems perfect for this sort of project. I've only read the first issue of Criminal Sanity, but the true crime angle seems like you can do pretty easily on a smaller budget and is a pretty popular genre. And I freaking loved Harleen, and it's another one that shouldn't cost much at all. Mostly a psychological piece.

The old Joker OGN would be a good pick, although people might find the character design too close to the Heath Ledger version (yes I know the book came first).

I would definitely include more kid and YA targeted films in such a line up. The YA Lois Lane books would be perfect for a few films or a short miniseries perhaps, and the upcoming OGN Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge looks like it could be a cute animated movie. I haven't read anything from the Zoom/Ink lines yet but there's probably some good stuff there. The soon to be released Batman Overdrive is on my wishlist, a teen Batman origin for the newest generation. That looks good.

So mostly Elseworlds, Black Label, YA/kid/Zoom/Ink, and other out of continuity stuff, and a good chunk of it new. So to pick a few titles that are more usually in continuity and more established...

Batman and the Monster Men & Batman and the Mad Monk. While you could do these with a bit higher budget for theaters, they could work in the mid range here. I prefer Monster Men to the Mad Monk by the way.

The Man Who Laughs and The Killing Joke are both Batman vs Joker stories that could work here.

Sorry most of my picks are Batman stories, I only read Batman, Superman (and Lois Lane!), and Wonder Woman, and most of the Supes and Wondie stuff is too big for this tier of film.
    I actually wonder what the ceiling is for Warner Max budgets. Netflix lately has some big budget movies that exceed $100 million, and I feel we might see some of that. Plus, HBO Max already has really high budget shows, like Green Lantern and Strange Adventures both being over $100 million. I think it'd be hard to sell Superman: Red Son in the theater environment but it'd draw a lot of attention to HBO Max if they went that route. Just got to have the right budget to make it happen.

I actually wonder what the ceiling is for Warner Max budgets. Netflix lately has some big budget movies that exceed $100 million, and I feel we might see some of that. Plus, HBO Max already has really high budget shows, like Green Lantern and Strange Adventures both being over $100 million. I think it'd be hard to sell Superman: Red Son in the theater environment but it'd draw a lot of attention to HBO Max if they went that route. Just got to have the right budget to make it happen.
    I strongly disagree with Red Son being a hard sell in the theater environment, but the rest of your argument is sound.

HBO Max would be a perfect place for something like a Question series.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ben Affleck as Nighthawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I strongly disagree with Red Son being a hard sell in the theater environment, but the rest of your argument is sound.
    They need to fix the perception of Superman himself after Snyder's horrible take before they make an Elseworlds version of him, is what I'm saying.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They need to fix the perception in general with superman. Stop with saint nonsense and example/messiah to follow stuff. Stop the stupid speeches without any depth. Bring the character back to the ground. If you are going to say he is human. Then treat him like one, and not like this perfect being for mankind to follow. Humans aren't devoid of anger, frustration, malice, fear... Etc to follow such being without these feelings . People have made the character so complicated that he isn't fun. Sheesh! He is just an alien vigilante strongman. Nothing more, nothing less.

They need to fix the perception of Superman himself after Snyder's horrible take before they make an Elseworlds version of him, is what I'm saying.
    I don't think that would matter much to the movie going GA.

They just released a Red Son adaption...