Page 50 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354601001505501050 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I doubt it... just imdb-ing her credits... Wonder Woman is literally the ONLY thing of note she's done. Directed 13 items, including a TV movie and a bunch of episodes for various tv series... and a couple 'video shorts'. Considering the grief these companies have given truly big name directors with established money making credentials... I don't see Jenkins having anywhere near the clout that they'd back off and let her do her thing with the only character making money... Even IF she's a big part of why the character is popular right now.

This.

Every movie from Tim Burton's Batman Returns through Age of Ultron has had directors complaining about how the companies interfere with and force them to make adjustments for time, subplots, or ratings... I certainly don't see Jenkins getting being the one director with complete creative freedom.
    The Russo brothers were mostly just comedy guys before Winter Soldier made them the golden boys of the MCU. All it takes is one movie and Jenkins did wonders (ha) with her shot. She is the most beloved director out of the DCEU so far.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Maybe... but WW was commonly cited as the 'best thing about BvS' too. So I'm a little curious if it was Jenkins skill or if it was just 'Woman led superhero movie' that made it inevitable. There was a lot of buzz about it before the solo movie... that just helped cement it. And the movie was excellent. I hope they DO let her have some freedom... I just kind of doubt it.
    I hope Patty Jenkins currently has as much freedom to do WW84 as Snyder had doing MoS.

As for her skill and importance, we do know that she pushed for making the No Man's Land scene, every actor involved has praised her work, and we can look at how many earlier superhero movies that proved lackluster or bad—including every single one that was centered around a female superhero made before it.

So no, there was nothing "inevitable" about the success of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I hope Patty Jenkins currently has as much freedom to do WW84 as Snyder had doing MoS.
    Especially since the freedom she was given for the Wonder Woman movie worked to that film's enormous advantage.

WB would be very foolish to try and mess with that.

Retired

Of course, there's a whole other department that decides when the movies should land, so even a director with lots of control over the movie itself can't dictate the release date. But it hardly seems likely that WB would delay WW 84 without bringing Jenkins onside. And what are they going to do with that extra time? Just put the movie on the shelf and not touch it? Seems more likely they will use the extra time for changes, reshoots and post-production--and Jenkins will have to be consulted on all that.

OMG WW2 gets moved because they squeeze in MOS2 !!!

... no they are not. I was just exercising in case of it becoming a real thing.

... *sigh* pathetic, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Two months out I expect that to be on part with tea leaves, but at least with tea leaves you get tea…

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Rumor mill is circulating talk about Cavill in Shazam after all. Which means nothing either way, it's either him fulfilling his contract and walking, or planning something new.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...e-date-Witcher

Astonishing Member

I hope Aquaman beats Venom domestic and international.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Rumor mill is circulating talk about Cavill in Shazam after all. Which means nothing either way, it's either him fulfilling his contract and walking, or planning something new.

Cavill will be in Europe filming the Witcher during Shazam! reshoots.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/NormanGoldenll/s...06120201461762

Aquaman's London Premiere will be held on Nov 26th.

If WB's doing the premiere a few weeks ahead of release schedule, could be a sign of confidence in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

I say let Captain Marvel have his movie to himself. Does the Shazam film really need a Superman cameo. I'd prefer they use that time to tease Black Adam or other characters in that world. If you have to have another superhero show up, it should be Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I say let Captain Marvel have his movie to himself. Does the Shazam film really need a Superman cameo. I'd prefer they use that time to tease Black Adam or other characters in that world. If you have to have another superhero show up, it should be Diana.
    Nope, but its a lot of peoples confidence in the DCEU which needs it. Or at least could be very healthy for.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I agree. December is going to be a bloodbath. One of these movies are going to be the one that wins but barely. They're each going to take a chunk out of each other. Hopefully Aquaman comes out on top.