Page 500 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just released a Red Son adaption...
    He means one that isn't animated.

Jeffrey Wright (Jim Gordon) now has a mustache:

Random thought:

What if Strange Adventures is used as a connective force for a new DC shared universe?

The reason I ask is because it's said to take place in the DC Universe, and features numerous perspectives ranging from civilian everyday life, to cosmic adventure, to horror, and so on. It's like a showcase for DC as a whole. What makes me wonder is that the preview poster at the HBO Max presentation has a Green Lantern on it. If GL features in the series, it'd be odd if it's a different from the main show, where it's Hal who's largely the same but with a different actor. Sounds confusing to general audiences as well.

They might make this like a showcase for various characters who can potentially spin out to their own series or at least recur elsewhere. Such as having an episode about Zatanna before the JLD projects headed by Bad Robot, getting people introduced to the character. Likewise, if they feature a cosmic adventure with Adam Strange, and he later shows up somewhere else? Or something related to Blue Beetle before his rumored series. Of course, the Green Lanterns, which you could use to tie into that series in some way.

I just think that this is a great way to construct a DC Universe, since it already portrays one.

What do you think?

They just released a Red Son adaption...
    As an animated DTV movie, which isn't the kind of mid range film we're discussing.

Do you think Aquaman: King of Atlantis is testing the waters (heh) to see if a full-blown animated series could work?

I find it interesting that they announced it, and it was the first for HBO Max, but it's a miniseries and only three episodes. Something tells me they want to do more than just that, but maybe they want to see how it's received.

Although the fact that it's marketed as a "Kids and Family" show doesn't quite bode well with me. I think a full-blown series that's PG-13 would be better. Maybe we'll have to wait and see how it is, because I am looking forward to some animated series classed as that, but I'd like an Aquaman animated series that's in the tone of the comics, or for comparison, the movie with unabashed action, more mature themes, and even horror elements pertaining to the deep sea.

The cutesy logo also seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do you think Aquaman: King of Atlantis is testing the waters (heh) to see if a full-blown animated series could work?

I find it interesting that they announced it, and it was the first for HBO Max, but it's a miniseries and only three episodes. Something tells me they want to do more than just that, but maybe they want to see how it's received.

Although the fact that it's marketed as a "Kids and Family" show doesn't quite bode well with me. I think a full-blown series that's PG-13 would be better. Maybe we'll have to wait and see how it is, because I am looking forward to some animated series classed as that, but I'd like an Aquaman animated series that's in the tone of the comics, or for comparison, the movie with unabashed action, more mature themes, and even horror elements pertaining to the deep sea.

The cutesy logo also seems odd.

I'm curious to see how they handle it since they seem to be aiming to place it within the continuity of the films.

That'd be an odd thing to do, all things considered. I feel like they would've stated it if it was, but it's definitely being made because of the movie.

On another note, is it weird they're trying to market it as family friendly since it's riding the waves of the movie? I know superhero movies are often seen by families, but... would anyone seriously call Aquaman a family movie? It was full violence and blood, deaths, dealt with things like fantastic racism, had swearing in it, Mera was played for fanservice with the skin-tight cleavage suit, and of course, the horror elements with The Trench. I don't know, but it seems like it was a PG-13 that earned the rating.

So it makes me wonder why they're marketing this to families and not the "Millenials and Gen Z" demographic? Who knows, really.

That'd be an odd thing to do, all things considered. I feel like they would've stated it if it was, but it's definitely being made because of the movie.

On another note, is it weird they're trying to market it as family friendly since it's riding the waves of the movie? I know superhero movies are often seen by families, but... would anyone seriously call Aquaman a family movie? It was full violence and blood, deaths, dealt with things like fantastic racism, had swearing in it, Mera was played for fanservice with the skin-tight cleavage suit, and of course, the horror elements with The Trench. I don't know, but it seems like it was a PG-13 that earned the rating.

So it makes me wonder why they're marketing this to families and not the "Millenials and Gen Z" demographic? Who knows, really.
    Doesn't matter - parents still took their kids to see it, that's why it made a billion. Wasn't really worse than most MCU movies on the violence and etc PG13 stuff.

Didn't say it was R or anything, but not what I'd call family entertainment. I just think a more serious action-animated series would be better.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

WW statue from 1984 looks amazing

Last edited by Lightning Rider; 03-12-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Of all the DC projects both confirmed and rumored, I'm excited. Except for one thing: DC Super Hero High.

Does this sound very gimmicky to anyone else?

The premise is that teenage versions of DC superheroes go to high school and deal with angst, not knowing that they'll one day become iconic superheroes. So, what, do Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all go to high school together now? That kind of messes with the timeline. Unless they use young superheroes, like Teen Titans and Young Justice, but they emphasized that they would grow up into that, suggesting the former. It just sounds like Riverdale, but replace Archie with the DCU.

If they wanted to do a "DC school setting", why not adapt a comic that's popular as a DC school setting? You know, Gotham Academy?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jeffrey Wright (Jim Gordon) now has a mustache:

Now, that is great.i wouldn't want gordon to not have his signature mustache.

Of all the DC projects both confirmed and rumored, I'm excited. Except for one thing: DC Super Hero High.

The premise is that teenage versions of DC superheroes go to high school and deal with angst, not knowing that they'll one day become iconic superheroes. So, what, do Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all go to high school together now? That kind of messes with the timeline. Unless they use young superheroes, like Teen Titans and Young Justice, but they emphasized that they would grow up into that, suggesting the former. It just sounds like Riverdale, but replace Archie with the DCU.

If they wanted to do a "DC school setting", why not adapt a comic that's popular as a DC school setting? You know, Gotham Academy?

This reminds me of the Avenger Academy mobile game. It came out recently and had the Avengers as teenagers instead of the actual Avengers Academy kids.

It's basically ******action DC Super Hero Girls.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New WW84 promotional posters: