Page 501 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's basically ******action DC Super Hero Girls.
    But co-ed. I don't know, it just seems really gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I'd have to see who they use, how they handle the characters, and what the exact approach is.

Spectacular Member

This series of books has been doing well. DC Superheroes in middle school.

Of all the DC projects both confirmed and rumored, I'm excited. Except for one thing: DC Super Hero High.
    This is the first I'm hearing of this, is this one of the confirmed ones or rumored ones?

Actually, is there like a full list of live action DC projects both confirmed and rumored somewhere? All I've heard of has been the Green Lantern series and some anthology show called Strange Adventures I think?

Does this sound very gimmicky to anyone else?
    Oh yes, very. But I'm assuming that's the point and why it's being made. Remember, gimmicky doesn't automatically mean bad, and gimmicks mean hooks which makes them easier to explain and sell to the Hollywood execs who greenlight these things.

That kind of messes with the timeline.
    Not really, obviously this project would be its own separate continuity with its own separate timeline. It messes with nothing.

Unless they use young superheroes, like Teen Titans and Young Justice, but they emphasized that they would grow up into that, suggesting the former. It just sounds like Riverdale, but replace Archie with the DCU.

If they wanted to do a "DC school setting", why not adapt a comic that's popular as a DC school setting? You know, Gotham Academy?
    Because those properties aren't anywhere as big as the JL characters. This isn't the comics. A show focusing on teen Bruce, Clark, and Diana is a bigger draw. No whether we comic fans like the idea of such a show is a different matter. You might not like the idea, but from a Hollywood and marketing viewpoint this kind of show makes sense.

As a fan of off the wall out of continuity stuff this sort of show sounds right up my alley, considering if it's done well.

I think high school is little over done.... too much angst and whininess in HS. i'm also not a big fan of 'silly' books and this would need to be silly. However, I do have a soft spot for JL8 which is a web comic about all the DC heroes in grade school as 8 year olds. Kind of a cross between DC, Charlie Brown, and Calvin and Hobbes... That's just a guilty pleasure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think high school is little over done.... too much angst and whininess in HS. i'm also not a big fan of 'silly' books and this would need to be silly. However, I do have a soft spot for JL8 which is a web comic about all the DC heroes in grade school as 8 year olds. Kind of a cross between DC, Charlie Brown, and Calvin and Hobbes... That's just a guilty pleasure for me.
    It's overdone because there's always a new audience for it. There's always teens currently in high school who want to see their lives reflected, preteens who think anything teen is the coolest, people just out of high school but still in the YA bracket, and others. Just like sitcoms centered around a family unit is overdone because most people came from some sort of family.

And while shows like Riverdale proves it doesn't have to be silly, there's also nothing wrong with it if it is. There are fans of silly, and there's not as much silly shows in this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This is the first I'm hearing of this, is this one of the confirmed ones or rumored ones?

Actually, is there like a full list of live action DC projects both confirmed and rumored somewhere? All I've heard of has been the Green Lantern series and some anthology show called Strange Adventures I think?
    It's a confirmed show, announced at the HBO Max conference and headed by Elizabeth Banks.

DC shows confirmed as Max Originals so far:

Green Lantern
    Strange Adventures
    Doom Patrol
    DC Super Hero High
    Aquaman: King of Atlantis (animated miniseries)

You can, kinda-sorta, throw in a sixth one: DMZ. You know, the popular Vertigo comic from the aughts? Vertigo is by extension DC, and though it's creator owned it stands to reason they're keeping an eye on Vertigo titles. That said, DMZ seems to be adapting the most basic premise of the comic and removing everything else, for one the main character is neither Matty or Zee.

Other than that, there's the matter of the DC Universe shows, namely Titans, Young Justice, and Harley Quinn, which are believed to be migrating to HBO Max later with the uncertain nature of DCU itself.

And then of course, the rumored series which includes Blue Beetle, Legion of Super-Heroes, Kingdom Come miniseries, The Question, Lobo, Red Hood, Hawk and Dove, (both spinning out of Titans).

And of course Bad Robot is handling multiple Justice League Dark projects though no specifics have been given, but we can expect them on HBO Max. I hope we get a real Constantine series at least, and Zatanna would be nice too.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Astonishing Member

Any details on DC Superhero High?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Any details on DC Superhero High?
    Elizabeth Banks is a producer and it features teenage versions of DC heroes.

It's a confirmed show, announced at the HBO Max conference and headed by Elizabeth Banks.

DC shows confirmed as Max Originals so far:

Green Lantern
    Strange Adventures
    Doom Patrol
    DC Super Hero High
    Aquaman: King of Atlantis (animated miniseries)

You can, kinda-sorta, throw in a sixth one: DMZ. You know, the popular Vertigo comic from the aughts? Vertigo is by extension DC, and though it's creator owned it stands to reason they're keeping an eye on Vertigo titles. That said, DMZ seems to be adapting the most basic premise of the comic and removing everything else, for one the main character is neither Matty or Zee.

Other than that, there's the matter of the DC Universe shows, namely Titans, Young Justice, and Harley Quinn, which are believed to be migrating to HBO Max later with the uncertain nature of DCU itself.

And then of course, the rumored series which includes Blue Beetle, Legion of Super-Heroes, Kingdom Come miniseries, The Question, Lobo, Red Hood, Hawk and Dove, (both spinning out of Titans).

And of course Bad Robot is handling multiple Justice League Dark projects though no specifics have been given, but we can expect them on HBO Max. I hope we get a real Constantine series at least, and Zatanna would be nice too.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Thanks for all the info! Looks to be more out the gate and upcoming then I was expecting.

DC Super Hero Girls has boys going to their school, like Flash, Cyborg and Beast Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Elizabeth Banks is a producer and it features teenage versions of DC heroes.
    DC Super Hero Girls is pretty damn popular, so I'm not surprised they're doing it again for an audience that, I'm guessing, is more inclusive for boys.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kind of ironic that it's got a reputation for dumbing down the boys to make the girls look better.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Kind of ironic that it's got a reputation for dumbing down the boys to make the girls look better.
    The current version does, the original really didn't.

Astonishing Member

That Green Lantern show is the one HBO Max original I’m most curious about. That’s going to be tricky pull off without a movie-size budget.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.