Page 504 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 44044544945005015025035045055065075085145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 20948

That rumor was always a bunch of nonsense. No studio is spending money in the range of 150-200 million for a straight-to-streaming release. Netflix got people thinking that was a possibility when they did The Irishman, not realizing that it was a money loss for them that they did solely for the prestige of being able to say an absolute legend like Martin Scorsese was making content for them.

What's most likely gonna happen is WW194 will be delayed and released later in the year.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-23-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Finally got around to watching Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey (which should have been the title). Thought it was a lot of fun. I have no idea why they called the kid Cassandra Cain though. Why not just create a new character?
    Because she has a new book out and while that version is not the Cassandra folks want-tossing her in that movie could only help sell the book.

Just like Aqualad's book that is nothing like the Young Justice One. Folks won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because she has a new book out and while that version is not the Cassandra folks want-tossing her in that movie could only help sell the book.

Just like Aqualad's book that is nothing like the Young Justice One. Folks won't care.
    I don't think the graphic novel had anything to do with it. Especially when that got Cass as a character far better then the movie did.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's not true.

HBO is the gold standard for TV. You're not counting DVD, streaming on GO, all that stuff. The CW is a niche market.
    Of course I am not counting those because the CW shows are also sold on DVDs, streaming via the CW app and Netflix, VOD and so on. I am referring the viewership of the episodes when they are first run.
    HBO is the niche market. It is only seen by people who opt to pay for premium cable. Anyone with a TV antenna or rabbit ears can watch a CW show for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Of course I am not counting those because the CW shows are also sold on DVDs, streaming via the CW app and Netflix, VOD and so on. I am referring the viewership of the episodes when they are first run.
    HBO is the niche market. It is only seen by people who opt to pay for premium cable. Anyone with a TV antenna or rabbit ears can watch a CW show for free.
    Yet more people watch HBO since the Sopranos HBO has been considered the Gold Standard of TV even with their missteps. While CW is dead last of the the five major free networks NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, and CW.

I mean consider the quality level of Watchmen (Which I personally had issue with the story but) when compared with any CW DC show Watchmen is in another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yet more people watch HBO since the Sopranos HBO has been considered the Gold Standard of TV even with their missteps. While CW is dead last of the the five major free networks NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, and CW.

I mean consider the quality level of Watchmen (Which I personally had issue with the story but) when compared with any CW DC show Watchmen is in another class.
    Should there even be a comparison? It's like comparing Alan Moore to Jeff Parker.

There is a place for shows like Watchmen as much as there is a place for a TV show about a time-traveling Speedster who fights Rogues and telepathic gorilla's. Wasn't isn't more valid or necessarily better then the others.

WW1984 has officially been delayed.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...21973831294976

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    WW1984 has officially been delayed.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...21973831294976
    That's cool, August isn't bad at all.

weird WB jumped right over july
    I guess the nolan movie is supposed to have its release window clear

WB may have also just set it out as far as they thought was reasonable to ensure the pandemic is in fact over by the new release date. No one wants to have to delay the movie a second time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Most people do not have rabbit ears, or much interest in the CW. The stuff on the CW are soap operas with a dash of Power Rangers. There is a market for that, but it is very niche. You can't compare that to the Sopranos.

There's room enough for both to exist, but this idea that everything is on the same level is silly. Green Arrow and the Wire have nothing in common.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-25-2020 at 04:44 AM.

Interesting that WB seems to think by August everything will be back to normal when for all we know this could continue until next year. I think putting any kind of release dates at this time seems redundant when things seem to change every day.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-25-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Most people do not have rabbit ears, or much interest in the CW. The stuff on the CW are soap operas with a dash of Power Rangers. There is a market for that, but it is very niche. You can't compare that to the Sopranos.
    Well, Superheroes in general are soap opera's, so it's really more in terms of execution and tone/style. I don't think it's any more niche then Superheros as a genre is niche.
    There's room enough for both to exist, but this idea that everything is on the same level is silly. Green Arrow and the Wire have nothing in common.
    They can both be crime dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Interesting that WB seems to think by August everything will be back to normal when for all we know this could continue until next year. I think putting any kind of release dates at this time seems redundant when things seem to change every day.
    Yeah I think at this point they chose a new release date “just in case.” The US response was worse that Italy’s and you can see the devastating effect the virus has had on them. Mexico and some other larger countries still aren’t quarantined, so it could be a very long time before we get a handle on this.

If things aren’t back to normal by August, they could push back either Black Adam, The Batman, or Suicide Squad until 2022. With Suicide Squad already finished I can’t see them doing it to that one. Black Adam and The Batman will have their production halted so they may get pushed back anyway.

Black Adam rumored to feature both the classic and modern versions of the JSA.
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/03...-versions-jsa/