Page 516 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 164164665065125135145155165175185195205265666161016 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 20948
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wasn't there bill boards and flying messages to the release the Snyder cut thing?
    Whatever the SC is... its a branch on a dying tree. It won't matter to anyone outside hardcore fans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Action and romance, I see

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Action and romance, I see
    WW was action and romance. WW84 damn well better be action and romance.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Whatever the SC is... its a branch on a dying tree. It won't matter to anyone outside hardcore fans
    I was just pointing out that snydercut movement had real world buzz creation methods. Anyways, you are free to believe what you want. Unless it's backed up by any sort of survey. It's meaningless guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    WW was action and romance. WW84 damn well better be action and romance.
    Judging by the trailer, there will be action and romance. And a bit of fish out of water.

What I'm worried about is if the film manages to say something new.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Just saw Birds of Prey...wow, much worse than I thought it would be. Putting the lack of comic book accuracy completely aside, every aspect of the film was poor and felt forced, and it seems to try and disguise its emptiness behind the zany chaotic aesthetic and non-linear storytelling. It wasn't funny, it wasn't exciting, and none of the characters were interesting. Margot and McGregor had there moments, but were ultimately failed by the material.

This is one where I can't find any common ground with the critics, who appear to give it a thumbs up for simply the idea behind the film, with no regard for the quality of the execution.
    I have to say that I gave a 9/10 to the Film..

I didnt like Cassandra Cain in the movie, but the rest was awesome.
    There were really funny moments, I LOVED Harleys and Black Masks Look and I really loved the moments when the villains attacked Harley and she clarified why they are attacking her.

I see it as stand-alone Film like Joker, because it is different to other DC Films and more like Deadpool.

But from the new DC Universe Films alone it is my favorite together with MoS, BvS and Joker.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I have to say that I gave a 9/10 to the Film..

I didnt like Cassandra Cain in the movie, but the rest was awesome.
    There were really funny moments, I LOVED Harleys and Black Masks Look and I really loved the moments when the villains attacked Harley and she clarified why they are attacking her.

I see it as stand-alone Film like Joker, because it is different to other DC Films and more like Deadpool.

But from the new DC Universe Films alone it is my favorite together with MoS, BvS and Joker.

Different strokes for different folks, I don't think it was good on any metric. Story, acting, editing, dialogue, all weak for me. Much of it depends on whether you found it funny, and I found it decidedly unfunny.

9/10 is like classic territory lol

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Cass's portrayal is the only thing that is straight up wrong. In the context of the film, the kid character is fine she should have just been called something else.

Everything else has some basis in the source material, and the lack of comic accurate costumes or Babs aren't significant hurdles that a hypothetical sequel couldn't work around. Which we unfortunately aren't likely to get, but at least this film doesn't have Harley sticking with the team once they become the BoP.

It was also the only time I've ever found Zsasz or Black Mask interesting. They are otherwise useless characters.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cass's portrayal is the only thing that is straight up wrong. In the context of the film, the kid character is fine she should have just been called something else.

Everything else has some basis in the source material, and the lack of comic accurate costumes or Babs aren't significant hurdles that a hypothetical sequel couldn't work around. Which we unfortunately aren't likely to get, but at least this film doesn't have Harley sticking with the team once they become the BoP.

It was also the only time I've ever found Zsasz or Black Mask interesting. They are otherwise useless characters.
    Surprisingly most of my gripes didn't really have anything to do with the source material. The nod to Canary's mother was nice, Montoya was a quasi-frustrated cop and lesbian, Huntress had Helena Bertinelli's backstory, Black Mask was Black Mask and Zsasz was Zsaz.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Judging by the trailer, there will be action and romance. And a bit of fish out of water.

What I'm worried about is if the film manages to say something new.
    I don't know if it needs to say something new (and what should we really classify as "new" anyways?) so long as what message it is trying to convey comes off clearly and positively.

Cassandra was pretty much the only part I didn't care for. Otherwise really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it needs to say something new (and what should we really classify as "new" anyways?) so long as what message it is trying to convey comes off clearly and positively.
    New as in saying something that wasn't said by Wonder Woman 2017.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hey, I think mute Batgirl is useless but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Surprisingly most of my gripes didn't really have anything to do with the source material. The nod to Canary's mother was nice, Montoya was a quasi-frustrated cop and lesbian, Huntress had Helena Bertinelli's backstory, Black Mask was Black Mask and Zsasz was Zsaz.
    How was the movies Montoya a lesbian? Black Mask and Zsasz aren't a couple or even bros but I really dug it. My impression... Roman seemingly was written like Leto's Joker and Mc Gregor pulled it off but that wasn't Black Mask it was Leto's Joker
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-14-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    How was the movies Montoya a lesbian?
    The assistant DA is her former girlfriend.