Page 520 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 204204705105165175185195205215225235245305706201020 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batman & Robin and Steel was well over 20 years ago, and Suicide Squad and Justice League still had the influence and stench of Snyder on them even if he didn't direct SS and someone re-directed JL. Outside the 90s and things Snyder had some bearing and influence on all that's left is Green Lantern.
    You asked if WB has done wrong by DC outside of Snyder. Whether those movies were 20 years ago or last week is irrelevant. I fail to see how SS had the stench of Snyder on it when by your own admission he didn't even direct it and it was nothing like any of the other DCEU films he was involved with and Snyder alone is not responsible for how JL turned out if he has any responsibility for it at all. Point is, WB can and has done bad all by themselves without Snyder and the issues that plagued the DCEU were there long before he directed Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You asked if WB has done wrong by DC outside of Snyder. Whether those movies were 20 years ago or last week is irrelevant. I fail to see how SS had the stench of Snyder on it when by your own admission he didn't even direct it and it was nothing like any of the other DCEU films he was involved with and Snyder alone is not responsible for how JL turned out if he has any responsibility for it at all. Point is, WB can and has done bad all by themselves without Snyder and the issues that plagued the DCEU were there long before he directed Man of Steel.
    Alright, to each their own then. But I've got a lot of faith in WB currently right now, everything after JL has been good so hoping the momentum keeps going.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Snyder is not able to make a good superhero movie (cough, Ayn Rand, cough). Whedon is not. I wish we got that Miller Justice League. Don't laugh. Fury Road was the best action adventure of the decade. I wish DC would take cues from Marvel (the right ones) and still be able to keep its own flavour. Yes to Shazam. Yes to Joker. Yes to BoP

*beep* continuity. Story first. Always story over continuity. Batman doesn't need to know Shazam or Aquaman.... unless you have a great story to tell. Otherwise its a boring CGI crapfest. Don't listen to the fanboys but listen to the fanboys. thin red line

Nice to see they are still working on Batgirl... be the movie part of Reeves' take or not

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Snyder is not able to make a good superhero movie (cough, Ayn Rand, cough). Whedon is not. I wish we got that Miller Justice League. Don't laugh. Fury Road was the best action adventure of the decade. I wish DC would take cues from Marvel (the right ones) and still be able to keep its own flavour. Yes to Shazam. Yes to Joker. Yes to BoP

*beep* continuity. Story first. Always story over continuity. Batman doesn't need to know Shazam or Aquaman.... unless you have a great story to tell. Otherwise its a boring CGI crapfest. Don't listen to the fanboys but listen to the fanboys. thin red line

Nice to see they are still working on Batgirl... be the movie part of Reeves' take or not
    Would you say the same if snyder was going to direct a question movie? @bold.Because the question is objectivist to the core. Granted, i don't particularly care for it.

It never seems to end.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Would you say the same if snyder was going to direct a question movie? @bold.Because the question is objectivist to the core. Granted, i don't particularly care for it.
    He WAS. Untol Ditko left. Then he became mystical kung fu dude etc. Now he's more memorably known as a conspiracy theorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Alright, to each their own then. But I've got a lot of faith in WB currently right now, everything after JL has been good so hoping the momentum keeps going.
    All of the upcoming DC films look fantastic. Sucks that the pandemic will lower WW’s profits though.
    It never seems to end.
    Honestly you should probably make use of the ignore function or you’ll have to learn to let things slide. I used to argue with Snyder fans on Twitter until I realized I was never going to convince them and they were never going to convince me. So I just muted them whenever they showed up because they were annoying. Outside of the Snyder thread, most of us don’t have a high opinion on Snyder and nothing will change that. For your own mental health I would recommend either just putting those of us you are annoyed with on ignore or just learning to accept that most of the forum will never warm up to Snyder or at the very least not any time soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Snyder is not able to make a good superhero movie (cough, Ayn Rand, cough). Whedon is not.
    I am not to clear on this.
    Are you saying Snyder is no whedon or whedon does not make good superhero movies?
    Last edited by mace11; 04-19-2020 at 12:48 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It never seems to end.
    Was that at me? I was just asking a question. Ofcourse stating an opinion on the side. I am superman fan, how on earth can like or agree with objectivism. Its always been bogus and nonsensical for me. That doesn't mean, The question or his narrative is going to be the object of my vitriol. I like the character enough. I just don't agree with his stance is all.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I am not to clear on this.
    Are you saying Snyder is no whedon or whedon does not make good superhero movies?
    Both aren't directors we deserve ;-))

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It never seems to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly you should probably make use of the ignore function or you’ll have to learn to let things slide. I used to argue with Snyder fans on Twitter until I realized I was never going to convince them and they were never going to convince me. So I just muted them whenever they showed up because they were annoying. Outside of the Snyder thread, most of us don’t have a high opinion on Snyder and nothing will change that. For your own mental health I would recommend either just putting those of us you are annoyed with on ignore or just learning to accept that most of the forum will never warm up to Snyder or at the very least not any time soon.
    There is also the fact that Snyder's film was being hyped up as an event because it was bringing DC's two biggest characters together to the big screen for the first time, something people have been waiting for decades for. It landed with the biggest possible, embarrassing thud. And it was in the middle of the post-MCU new era of superhero cinema, whereas WB's other bombs aside from GL (who is nearly as big of a character) were well before hand.

Going into appreciation threads to bash the films is a dick move, but otherwise it's not surprising people who are invested in the characters still criticize it. It may subside a bit more after The Batman comes out, but even then we may get non-flattering comparisons made towards Affleck if it is well received. This will go doubly for Superman if/when we get a new take for him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Was that at me? I was just asking a question. Ofcourse stating an opinion on the side. I am superman fan, how on earth can like or agree with objectivism. Its always been bogus and nonsensical for me. That doesn't mean, The question or his narrative is going to be the object of my vitriol. I like the character enough. I just don't agree with his stance is all.
    No that wasn't aimed at you. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

No that wasn't aimed at you. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
    No hard feelings, Bro. I get you. I'm totally freaked out, paranoid and isolated right now

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There is also the fact that Snyder's film was being hyped up as an event because it was bringing DC's two biggest characters together to the big screen for the first time, something people have been waiting for decades for. It landed with the biggest possible, embarrassing thud. And it was in the middle of the post-MCU new era of superhero cinema, whereas WB's other bombs aside from GL (who is nearly as big of a character) were well before hand.

Going into appreciation threads to bash the films is a dick move, but otherwise it's not surprising people who are invested in the characters still criticize it. It may subside a bit more after The Batman comes out, but even then we may get non-flattering comparisons made towards Affleck if it is well received. This will go doubly for Superman if/when we get a new take for him as well.
    The people who didn't like Snyder's work got what they wanted. He's no longer working with WB. A new Batman movie is on the way. We're getting a Superman show that will be the opposite of Snyder's take and is pretty much what people who hated the Snyder movies wanted. So why is it that people can't even talk about DC movies they like without using it as some excuse to bash the older movies? What value is there in using virtually every single conversation about the DCEU to bitch about a movie that - as the Snyder haters are oh so happy to remind everyone - WB is putting behind them and just overall contributing to an unpleasant and volatile environment? You guys won, enjoy the victory lap and move on.

At this rate the DC fandom is starting to rival the Star Wars fandom when it comes to toxic and entitled behavior towards creators and the things we supposedly love.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-19-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The people who didn't like Snyder's work got what they wanted. He's no longer working with WB. A new Batman movie is on the way. We're getting a Superman show that will be the opposite of Snyder's take and is pretty much what people who hated the Snyder movies wanted. So why is it that people can't even talk about DC movies they like without using it as some excuse to bash the older movies? What value is there in using virtually every single conversation about the DCEU to bitch about a movie that - as the Snyder haters are oh so happy to remind everyone - WB is putting behind them and just overall contributing to an unpleasant and volatile environment? You guys won, enjoy the victory lap and move on.

At this rate the DC fandom is starting to rival the Star Wars fandom when it comes to toxic and entitled behavior towards creators and the things we supposedly love.
    The bolded is not strictly true. And a CW show, while it's more than most other characters get, is still a pretty clear signal that the character is considered unusable for cinema right now.

As for the rest, I have to agree with Vordan a bit here. This isn't an appreciation thread, which is where the bashing shouldn't take place (and I imagine still happens, unfortunately). But criticism doesn't equate to blanket bashing and toxic entitled behavior across the board. As for Star Wars, stuff like complaining about more women and POCs being in Star Wars is toxic and stupid. Calling out bad movies for being bad (specifically in plotting and character work) is not.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-19-2020 at 08:12 AM.