Page 521 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 214214715115175185195205215225235245255315716211021 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This happens all the time though, even in comics themselves. In Greg Rucka's 2nd WW run he reimagined Dr. Poison and Dr. Cyber as completely different characters than their previous versions. they just carried the same name. There has been a tendency in comics to simply reinvent characters since the Silver Age. I haven't really seen an argument against this point, besides, "Well, they shouldn't have done it with this specific character!"
    Honestly those versions felt closer to the original then Cass in BoP did. They also fit more in terms or reinventing a character then just making up this OC and attaching her with a major comic book name when there is so little similarity between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm the creators of Cassandra Cain added some phat cash to their bank accounts.
    I hope so. Although that's a whole different issue then whether the character was adapted well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Both aren't directors we deserve ;-))
    Well i think man of steel,bvs,justice league,watchmen and the whedon avengers movies were good movies.
    I have disagree with you if you think they don't make good superhero movies.
    Of course i think the whedon superheros movie are better then the zack ones.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-19-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well i think man of steel,bvs,justice league,watchmen and the whedon avengers movies were good movies.
    I have disagree with you if you think they don't make good superhero movies.
    Of course i think the whedon superheros movie are better then the zack ones.
    Avengers could have been much better. It looks incredible cheap at times and I hated it on the first watch. Whedon is a jerk. The champion of feminism... doing what he did. Man of Steel is the only good movie you've mentioned and it has a terrible 3rd act. Just like Wonder Woman.

Was I the only one who really like Watchmen? It was pretty wicked I though.

Extraordinary Member

Avengers could have been much better. It looks incredible cheap at times
    The first avengers movie to me was excellent and it did not look cheap at times to me.
    The second one was really good but not as good as the first one.
    I think it was great but not excellent.
    Whedon is a jerk. The champion of feminism... doing what he did.
    The info about whedon came out after he did those movies,buffy and angel etc..

Man of Steel is the only good movie you've mentioned and it has a terrible 3rd act. Just like Wonder Woman.
    I disagree here as well.
    I think man of steel is a stronger movie then bvs,justice league and watchmen but not as strong as avengers 1 and 2.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-20-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batman & Robin and Steel was well over 20 years ago, and Suicide Squad and Justice League still had the influence and stench of Snyder on them even if he didn't direct SS and someone re-directed JL. Outside the 90s and things Snyder had some bearing and influence on all that's left is Green Lantern.
    It's still under the WB.

Steel as well as Catwoman have been used as weapon against black films including two that won Oscars named Black Panther & Into The Spiderverse.

And who knows who else got screwed over because of those films.

The Batman has been delayed to October.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...huffle-1290919

Additionally, The Flash and Shazam 2 have also been moved, with Flash now jumping to June 2022 and Shazam 2 to November 2022.
    Last edited by Holt; 04-20-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Additionally, The Flash and Shazam 2 have also been delayed, with Flash now moving to June 2022 and Shazam 2 to November 2022.
    Completely understandable given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Was I the only one who really like Watchmen? It was pretty wicked I though.
    Yeah, I like it too. But it's eccentric and likely requires familiarity with the source material. A lot of casual moviegoers apparently found it bewildering, as did a lot of critics, although it's at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes. In fact, looking at Zack Snyder's RT page shows me that Watchmen is his second-best reviewed movie as a director.

Ultimate Member

How so? 10char
    She was EDITED out of books and like Stephanie deemed PITCH toxic.

And when I mean edited out of books-I mean EDITED out of books.

Even Lil Gotham saw her edited out of a book. Even LOW SELLING Batwing saw her edited out of Luke's book and replaced with someone else.

That was NOT about protecting the Batgirl name. That was an agenda like it was with Wally West.

Last time I checked Batgirl being a title that could sell was done under HER name. A book with a FEMALE of COLOR from the start not re-conned or whatever like others in a POC unfriendly market sold for 5 years.

And then to see Ms Marvel gets the praise that Cass SHOULD have gotten-yet got denied because of an ego? So Babs can be the ONE? When she found better success as Oracle.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Additionally, The Flash and Shazam 2 have also been moved, with Flash now jumping to June 2022 and Shazam 2 to November 2022.
    Flash moving up of a month earlier instead of being delayed. 🤔
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-20-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Flash moving up of a month earlier instead of being delayed. ��
    That one seems less virus related and more that Disney had moved Captain Marvel 2 to July, so WB probably wanted Flash in a safer month with less competition. Right now the only big thing opening in June 2022 is an untitled Pixar flick.

So does that mean Aquaman 2 will move from its Dec 2022 date? Since Shazam 2 will release in November 2022
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

That one seems less virus related and more that Disney had moved Captain Marvel 2 to July, so WB probably wanted Flash in a safer month with less competition. Right now the only big thing opening in June 2022 is an untitled Pixar flick.
    For a moment, I thought it was a typo and it was moved back to June 2023. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So does that mean Aquaman 2 will move from its Dec 2022 date? Since Shazam 2 will release in November 2022
    I am interested to see if Black Adam keeps its December release.